Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

The Seven Kingdoms

I'm personally very interested in the lore behind the Seven Human Kingdoms of Azeroth and I was kinda sad to see that they were given next to no recognition during Vanilla, TBC and WOTLK.

Now, with the advent of Cataclysm and the re-rise of Gilneas, I'm kinda hoping that we'll see similar rebirths in the other human nations.

Obviously, it's going to be hard for the Kingdom of Lordaeron to take back it's rightful capital city - in part due to the obvious (Forsaken sits on that bitch these days) and that, well, there's no one left in the royal family of Lordaeron to claim it. But the smaller nations, such as Alterac and Arathor deserve some fresh resurrection.

Stromgarde is a beautiful fortress that sits on one of the nicest zones in the game - I would love to see the House of Arathor active again.

Anyway, to my discussion-starter - Are any of you interested in the re-birth of old nations, such as Arathor and Alterac - or even the implementation of existing ones - such as Kul'tiras? Don't limit your chain of thought to human nations though, it'd be fun to see what people would wanna see from other perspectives.

Most of the original nations have been destroyed, leaving the members dead or having to flee to SW for protection. Also the kingdoms of Lordaeron, Arathor, and Alterac are too hard right now to take back with the strength the forsaken have.

Edit: I would love to see Kul Tiras back though and there was a rumor out there that we may see a return of them soon enough.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    Most of the original nations have been destroyed, leaving the members dead or having to flee to SW for protection. Also the kingdoms of Lordaeron, Arathor, and Alterac are too hard right now to take back with the strength the forsaken have.
    Arathor might change :P It should improve atleast, right? Alterac and Lordaeron are goners, but there's hope for Arathi (Not the kingdom, but having more presence).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTKF View Post
    Arathor might change :P It should improve atleast, right? Alterac and Lordaeron are goners, but there's hope for Arathi (Not the kingdom, but having more presence).
    There's nobody left of the Arathi bloodline to take the throne anyway, as Lothar was the last. Unless you're referring to Stromgarde, which still has Trollbane.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

didn't the human intro say that stormwind was the last bastion of the human alliance? Seeing as Gilneas has cut off ties, Lordaeron is in ruins, alterac fell prey to the dealings of mad dragons, kul tiras is still unspoken for and can't think of any other places.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enders View Post
    There's nobody left of the Arathi bloodline to take the throne anyway, as Lothar was the last. Unless you're referring to Stromgarde, which still has Trollbane.
    Well... There can always be a new king. But the TRUE bloodline is gone... Poor Lothar, he was the true Lion of Azeroth, I just hope Danath comes back and becomes a regent of the city.

---------- Post added 2010-09-14 at 09:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    didn't the human intro say that stormwind was the last bastion of the human alliance? Seeing as Gilneas has cut off ties, Lordaeron is in ruins, alterac fell prey to the dealings of mad dragons, kul tiras is still unspoken for and can't think of any other places.
    The last bastion of POWER. True, since the others are weakened, a shadow of what they once were. Even Dalaran is not what it used to be, and well... Lordaeron isn't human anymore, sadly. I hope to see them give Theramore some power, or let us get a lil' bit of action in Arathi, I know, I know, I look like a fanatic with the revamp of those zones. But Cataclysm promised a revamped Old World, and for 2 friggin' years, they better deliver.

Arathi bloodline is dead, Stromgarde has Trollbane, Gilneas we know about, Stormwind we know about..

What some people DONT know is that there is still a member of the Lordaeron royal family alive, Arthas' sister Calia Menethil. But no one knows where she is Lol

10+ Year Old Account
    The Arator bloodline is dead and Danath wouldnt be a regent, he would be King of Stromgarde, since he's the last of the Trollbane ( dont even start the Galen crap! ).

As you might have seen on the forums lately, ppl are wondering about the future of Danath and Stromgarde. Like i said on some others threads, i'd love Stromgarde back in the hands of the Alliance or to become a somewhat powerfull nation. Control of Arathi would mean control of that amazing Thoradin's Wall.

As for the rest, Lordaeron is out of the question. Blizzard wouldnt erase a faction from the game, since retaking Lordaeron would eventually mean that.

Alterac...what of Alterac? There's no royal bloodlines, its the land of nobody. Unless theres a big battle there and the general names himself king, then it remain what it is now.

Kul Tiras will show up...eventually.

Im more focused on Stromgarde. From whats available, i love the lore behind that kingdom. Not to mention the fact that it was the birth of human civilization on Azeroth and the first and only human empire.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTKF View Post

The last bastion of POWER. True, since the others are weakened, a shadow of what they once were. Even Dalaran is not what it used to be, and well... Lordaeron isn't human anymore, sadly. I hope to see them give Theramore some power, or let us get a lil' bit of action in Arathi, I know, I know, I look like a fanatic with the revamp of those zones. But Cataclysm promised a revamped Old World, and for 2 friggin' years, they better deliver.
    well by shadow of what they were you mean basically abandonned by the majority of their inhabitants then sure. Also, because cataclysm promised revamped zones doesn't really mean that any ofthe zones you're interested in are going to turn out with newly established townships. Heck by revamped they could have arathi highlands get submerged and call it the arathi gulf.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post

Alterac...what of Alterac? There's no royal bloodlines, its the land of nobody. Unless theres a big battle there and the general names himself king, then it remain what it is now.
    Well Lord Aliden Perenolde is the heir to the throne so they could do something with that (though it wouldn't be part of the alliance because he also happens to be head of the syndicate).

Quote Originally Posted by Roegall View Post
    What some people DONT know is that there is still a member of the Lordaeron royal family alive, Arthas' sister Calia Menethil. But no one knows where she is Lol
    MAYBE alive. In Rise of the Lich King Arthas implies that she might be dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    The southernmost capital city in the world, NZ
    Theramore is technically the official successor to the former Kingdom of Lordaeron, although the Argent Crusade, the Forsaken, and what's left of the Scarlets would lay claim to that. Stormwind, being the strongest of what's left of the 7 Kingdoms, is the de facto successor.

Even though she is mentioned in game, Princess Calia Menethil is one of Warcraft's great urban legends mysteries, ranking up there with Finnall Goldensword and the nation of Kul Tiras itself.

Alterac betrayed the Alliance by allying with the horde during the second war, and were promptly dealt with when you found out in Warcraft II. It was the neccesary "Human vs Human" mission.

They've been pretty much ruined throughout the years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Wasn't Deathwing, aka Lord Prestor, once the king of Alterac?

I think players can get a feeling about Seven Kingdoms cause they are almost all seen/mentioned in some way. Problem with them is that currently there aren't many of them functional. Here is what happened:

Dalaran - Active, destroyed twice, now is neutral city-state.
    Stormwind - Active
    Gilneas - Contested between Forsaken and Worgen, almost abandoned.
    Arathor - Abandoned, destroyed. First Kingdom of Seven. Heir to the throne is now Forsaken.
    Lordaeron - Active (Forsaken), Sylvanas is fierce about retaking everything that was once Lordaeron for her people.
    Alterac - Abandoned, destroyed. Weakest of 7 kingdoms, also betrayed the union of seven kingdoms to the orcish horde.
    Kul Tiras- Active, but since it's not in-game it is questionable what has happened to it.

So there isn't much to say or do. Out of all 7, only fate of Stormwind is known and looks good. I hardly believe Blizz will try to reignite old Kingdoms, since humans are pushed from those lands almost completely. Forsaken and Blood Elves are far too strong for scattered human refugees to regroup.

I believe Blizzard said that we would get more info on the fate of Alterac in Cataclysm.

In the quest when we kill Aliden Perenolde (heir to Alterac's throne), we spare his mistress Elysa. She's defenitely not Syndicate affiliated as she says "No, no please don't hurt me! I never meant your people any harm, he's had me against my will! Please... spare me!".

Perhaps she could be leader of a possible new, rebuilt, Alterac?
    Last edited by Lugo Moll; 2010-09-15 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    I would love to see Kul Tiras back though and there was a rumor out there that we may see a return of them soon enough.
    Tol Barad is/was owned by the Kul Tiras Empire, Could be their return. the Baradin wardens (new rep faction for alliance) also wear the Kul Tiras Heraldry.

Also Jaina is the daughter of Kul Tiras' Former Grand Admiral/King, and Sister to its Current King Tandred Proudmoore. so theres that aswell.
    Last edited by Pool of the Dead; 2010-09-15 at 09:20 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would be glorious for the Kul Tiras to make their return, and avenge Daelin Proudmoores death!

In the Horde the tendency is uniting the various clans into the new horde or at least show their 'future'
    Ex: Dragonmaw joined the horde
    Blackrock still in the dark horde aligned to deathwing
    Warsong make the offensive in ashenvale and northrend with the Maghar that i think will appear more in cataclysm
    Some people hinted that some fel orcs will join the horde.

I think that very cool.

It will be interesting in the Alliance if happens at the same way, even if not all kingdom join the alliance or at least some 'survivors' or a 'faction' of the kingdom.

Alterac - Ogre and Sindicate - In cata it will be interesting if some sindicate or alliance (former alterac people) get at least a part of the city give us a flight path with some quests remembering the history of alterac during WC2

Kul Tiras - It was hinted that the cataclysm 'moved' the city to somewhere, still the kul tiras tabard is appearing in tol barad, which is a kul tiras dominion, it will be nice see a kul tiras regiment or faction in tol barad or even somewhere.

Stromgarde - The alliance controlled 1/3 of the city in vanilla, in cataclysm it will be most cool thing EVAR the alliance get the full city back, rebuild, and have Danath Trollbane rulling the city back. That was hinted by both Danath in outland and Skuerto in vanilla.

Still my most hopes is about stromgarde it will be great see stromgarde like a Theramore in northern eastern kingdoms, still hope that at least blizzard trow to us this bone.

I really hope the alliance reclaims some of the old kingdoms, even if they are to act as puppet states of Stormwind.

The most obvious seems to be Stromgarde since Arathi Highlands aren't infested with Forsaken, and the overall Horde presence isn't that great.

It seems best located to launch an invasion of Lordaeron, espescially if they repair Thoradins Wall aswell.