Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

The NEXT Blizzard MMO

Remember when they told us they were already at work on their next MMO? I find it a little odd that there hasn't been an iota of additional information on this, either official or unofficial.

Many other MMO's, which have been in development for several years (Stars Wars: Old Republic etc) constantly released info to generate excitement etc.

Does anyone have a remote clue if the NEXT MMO is even still in development let alone likely to be released in the next few years?

It's still in development. Blizzard just likes making us guess.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    BlizzCon 2010 says Hi
    And yes, they are still hiring people for the project.

Blizzcon <------------------------------------

10+ Year Old Account
    im sure its still in deep development or they would of said they gave up on it and lets face it they wouldn't give up on there next cash cow, hell they might not even have a name for it quit yet im looking out for it at blizzcon tho

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know if this will help or not...but its interesting

http://www.blizzardnewmmo.com/Main_Page

Deleted
    I'm crossing my fingers for World of Diablo! So I can leave this cartoonish game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post
    Many other MMO's, which have been in development for several years (Stars Wars: Old Republic etc) constantly released info to generate excitement etc.
    And many of them start the hype too early, push back the release date, and everyone's bored of it before it's even for sale. Blizzard know what they're doing.

I believe WoW was in development for near 2 years before they unveiled it. Then then took like another 2 before it was released. I would not be surprised if similar things happened with this new MMO. Which btw means I think they'll finally unveil it at this Blizzcon. At least I can hope .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hethalion View Post
    I'm crossing my fingers for World of Diablo! So I can leave this cartoonish game.
    It can't be since they said it was an original IP, so no Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo, Vikings, or anything of the sort. It also has be very strongly hinted that it would be a Steampunk or Cyberpunk setting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daegalus View Post
    It can't be since they said it was an original IP, so no Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo, Vikings, or anything of the sort. It also has be very strongly hinted that it would be a Steampunk or Cyberpunk setting.
    Then a form of "Age of Mythology" or I won't be amused.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    They are not going to make an MMO that competes directly with WoW, that would be like shooting themselves in the foot.

Probably something aimed at women and families

10+ Year Old Account
    reason why we odn't have guild hosing.. because they're next mmo is going to be a hybrid beetween wow and starcraft. kinda like the sims, but in a fantasy or space setting and with war!

you build up your village or base and then you can create a champion, that champion you can control freely and go quest with like in wow. but at the same time you must keep your guilds base economy stable and keep on xpanding the base and build nps guards and squads and such. so your guild can split into adventurers and base controllers.

just throwing out what i would like it to be. and ofc i did this in the morning in 5 minutes. so it's not like good or anyhting

honor... no matter how dire the situation is, never forsake it!
    top 3 bands of all time:
    1. depeche mode
    2. pet shop boys
    3. new order

Quote Originally Posted by Googolplex View Post
    They are not going to make an MMO that competes directly with WoW, that would be like shooting themselves in the foot.

Probably something aimed at women and families
    You know... WoW CAN come to an end. All good things do.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    You know... WoW CAN come to an end. All good things do.
    I'd imagine Cataclysm isn't our last expansion, and it'll probably last a year or two in itself... So, I'd imagine they're really not going to create an mmo that would take money away from their main cash cow.

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.

Deleted
    I think Blizzard will announce and/or release their next MMO when WoW is losing a drastic amount of players. That's just my theory.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the distand future they will make starcraft mmo for sure. I belive as soon as they finish Sc2 story (i belive there are 2 more expansions for it).
    Diablo mmo would be to close looking like wow now (just humans).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    i bet it's going to be something like age of empires online, you have to build a settlement somewhere under service of any starcraft faction (or even the warcraft factions). I know that age of empires and warcraft are kinda rivals since that ceo/developer from ensemble studios said something about blizzard games (don't remember exactly what).

+ the WoW communtiy was asking for warcraft 4/a new rts for how many years?
    Last edited by mmoc058e0f1fe5; 2010-09-18 at 01:44 PM.

Because it's still way off in the future.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Throrion View Post
    Because it's still way off in the future.
    Right... way to rise post counter with meaningless posts that are out of context.