Thread: Bcb t3

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Bcb t3

sooooo now it looks like BCB is only available to blood.

personally i'm glad. so much BCB love was going around that it was sickening.

so what do you all think of this?
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    sooooo now it looks like BCB is only available to blood.

personally i'm glad. so much BCB love was going around that it was sickening.

so what do you all think of this?
    Ahh you beat me to this thread lol...well I like it just fine. It makes my decison that much easier as now I will sub unholy for both PvP and PvE

It's retarded. Blood tanks will probably never use it.

---------- Post added 2010-09-30 at 04:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by charivari View Post
    Ahh you beat me to this thread lol...well I like it just fine. It makes my decison that much easier as now I will sub unholy for both PvP and PvE
    You'll probably want sub blood for PvP for 1m strangulate cooldown.

e: Although Improved Blood Tap is not a bad talent by any means. Would be great for pesky RE procs as frost. Hopefully blizzard can fix it from being fucking retarded with the death rune sometimes sticking around after refresh and sometimes not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kerwyn View Post
    Hell, we don't even have the points for the new Imp. Blood Tap Talent, never mind BCB.... Bunch of Morons working at Blizzard I'm starting to think, all our feedback just being tossed straight to the wind.... Morons.

BcB always has been a minor dps talent... solely giving it to tanking isn't going to help their cause too much. unless of course BcB generated good amount of threat(however blizz made it clear many tanking abilities will not have threat +/-'s passive anymore).

I am sad to see The Dk version of wf, sword spec, hack n slash leave its dps niche. Furthermore taking a stab at frost n Unholy dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeoshades View Post
    BcB always has been a minor dps talent... solely giving it to tanking isn't going to help their cause too much. unless of course BcB generated good amount of threat(however blizz made it clear many tanking abilities will not have threat +/-'s passive anymore).
    Wrong. You can have talents that increase threat without them simply being "+10% threat" BCB was one of these.

Unfortunately in this position it is nearly impossible to get without sacrificing something incredibly important such as toughness, abom's might, bloodworms, sanguine fortitude, or improved death strike.

It either needs to be put back where it was, moved to frost and renamed, or simply gotten rid of.

e: This is the first change that has really annoyed me since apparently I'm one of those crazies who think's ruinic empowerment is fine and ruinic corruption was a huge mistake.

We will be balanced around the change so the loss is inconsequential. Personally I'm happy about finally being able to take anti magic zone without having to sacrifice any real dps for it.

I'm thinking about speccing something like this for anything with magic damage.
    Last edited by Shiira; 2010-09-30 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kerwyn View Post

---------- Post added 2010-09-30 at 04:09 PM ----------

You'll probably want sub blood for PvP for 1m strangulate cooldown.

e: Although Improved Blood Tap is not a bad talent by any means. Would be great for pesky RE procs as frost. Hopefully blizzard can fix it from being fucking retarded with the death rune sometimes sticking around after refresh and sometimes not.
    Interesting but I think Longer diseases and resillient infection will trump a strangulate CD reducer. Just my opinion of course.

Personally you might be happy with the change however "finally being able to take anti magic zone without having to sacrifice any real dps for it." thats called pigeon holed. With BcB moved, that is Less choice/freedom of specing as a DK. Honestly I like the idea of choosing to pick up a small dps boost or utility skill, not what ever I can grab.

<-- Just a sad panda ( T _ T ) "needs a hug"
    Last edited by Xeoshades; 2010-09-30 at 09:37 PM.

wait,how is it less choice?
    you previously have to spec bcb. now you have other options for frost and for unholy.

your definition of pigeon-holing is just...wrong
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Still no rune strike talent to remove the activation requirement and they give us some retarded new blood tap talent that nobody will take.

wait,how is it less choice?
    you previously have to spec bcb. now you have other options for frost and for unholy.

your definition of pigeon-holing is just...wrong

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't like this change at all. I don't see why it was moved up to T3 unless they want frost to get some spell hit from unholy, or they want unholy to get a higher RP cap. Doesn't really make a lot of sense to me.

Personally you might be happy with the change however "finally being able to take anti magic zone without having to sacrifice any real dps for it." thats called pigeon holed. With BcB moved, that is Less choice/freedom of specing as a DK. Honestly I like the idea of choosing to pick up a small dps boost or utility skill, not what ever I can grab.
    We now have fewer dps talents that are good enough to be required in every build, I don't know how you can interpret that as anything other than having more choice. Also that isn't called being pigeon holed, it's called being able to take all of the talents that I need and still have several left over for the ones that I just want.
    Last edited by Shiira; 2010-09-30 at 09:45 PM.

Deleted
    Minor threat increase for 3 points? Oh goodie..../facepalm
    was a better talent for dps
    Last edited by mmoc09d10ac99a; 2010-09-30 at 09:49 PM.

It doesn't really make a lot of sense to me.

1) I don't see blood tanks being able to take it now even tho it's too high up the tree for anyone else to get it. Too many other good tanking talents in blood tree and in tier 1/2 in unholy for subspec.

2) Makes the lower tiers a mess for subspecing for the dps specs. If you are doing an unholy or frost dps spec, blood used to be the obvious option for BCB in tier 2 but now none of the tier 2 talents look appealing for the dps sub-specs.

no matter how you cut it, we do have less choice. a skill was removed. Part of the tree design was to make you think if you wanted X, You can only have either Y or Z. However now, its Take Y and Z.
    Yes there are skill some ok talents to pick up with open points, however are they interesting or over all useful... Some are only great for pvp, others pve, few are both.

I don't want to find myself having points where I go (eh.... I guess I will put points here... nothing else to get". For me anyways I enjoy spending a point and then double thinking about it "I want the grass is greener on the other side feel" not "Oh I have BiS talents, alt time".

Deleted
    Will be unused by tanks, sure of it. Other talents look too good to give up for BCB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of that part in Office Space where the two consultants are telling Lumbergh that Milton actually got fired months ago but because of some glitch in the system he was still getting checks. So, they tell Lumbergh they fixed the glitch, and he's like, "oh, you fired him?" and they're like "no, we just fixed the glitch, he won't be getting checks anymore." Honestly, at this point I'm just waiting on Ghostcrawler to put my desk in the basement and ask me to kill cockroaches.

no matter how you cut it, we do have less choice. a skill was removed.
    Stop being obtuse. Blood caked blade was good enough to be required in every dps build. There was no choice to make, if you specced dps you had to take it or you would perform noticeably worse. Now blood caked blade is no longer available to frost and unholy so you aren't forced into putting 8 points in blood.