Thread: Hunter changes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser View Post
    Look at what I said.
    Sure, but they nerfed Bite/Claw/Smack, Arcane Shot, and Bestial Wrath since that Kill Command change.

I'm not going OMG WE'RE GONNA BE USELESS.

It'll just make 80 sad. I'm sure 85 will be fine. Might be like TBC, where we sucked for 2 months before they fixed it, but eventually we'll be fine.

My concern is that we'll get a repeat of Wrath, where BM is awful and you have to go MM or SV to raid.

We'll see what happens. I just don't like how large the changes they're making are; smaller increments are better, not these giant sweeping changes.

The Bestial Wrath change makes me more sad than any other change.

[/COLOR]either way whether they are final or not atm we are doing less damage on the ptr than we on live....so thats pretty much a nerf all the way around.

explosive shot needs to be worth using, the mastery nerf hurts it and it was already terrible.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

This is only balancing the 3 spec not nerfing beast mastery, but I hope it will be more viable pve spec then it was in wotlk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    I'm not going OMG WE'RE GONNA BE USELESS.
    No?

Except that the other two specs were goddamn awful. So if they bring BM down to that level, we're going to be entirely useless.
    Don't take it personal, but I can't stand that SKY IS FALLING stuff before you actually thought about it for two minutes. If you've ever watched/participated in a beta, that's how it works. This QQ really prevents any sensible discussion about the changes.

Deleted
    It is number tuning not nerf noob...

however the constant changing of everything about the class makes any discussion at this point pointless anyways.... so basically your saying everything is gonna change before it goes live so stop talking about how it is now....and then saying lets have a discussion about these changes even tho they are going to be flipped again next week

Number tuning is one thing, but this seems like it will bring our damage down below par.

Quote Originally Posted by whoinow View Post
    Voodoou

I repeat, BM was doing on average ~64% more damage. Would you agree that "overkill" is a relative term and we have ZERO data at this point (9/30/2010 2:17PM PST) to compare before and after this build? So how do you know it was overkill? You don't so stop making dumb comments before data is available.
    you cant tell me MM and Surv were doing only 5k DPS

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    balancing babes, now our DPS sucks with all the 3 specs
    LOL SV was pulling close to 20K dps in 5 mans. and i bet MM still does more dps then any other class/spec (besides hunter BM,SV)

you guys were OP now the huntards just got a little of the nerf batt. there is more to come, dont worry.

Quote Originally Posted by hellar View Post
    LOL SV was pulling close to 20K dps in 5 mans. and i bet MM still does more dps then any other class/spec (besides hunter BM,SV)

you guys were OP now the huntards just got a little of the nerf batt. there is more to come, dont worry.
    Spamming multishot with serpent spread/imp serpent sting maybe, that's about the only way a Survival Hunter is doing 20k dps atm.

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Deleted
    Many hunters here have no idea about DPS numbers at lvl 85 content. BM was OP, SV mastery was OP, MM mastery sucked. These changes are great and needed but I foresee a little BM buff.

Ouch, well first impression from the new changes makes some part of me die inside, and another part of me just thinks fck it.It's all for some purpose Blizzard dont nerf/buff things just because they feel like it or because it gives them shits & giggles. They do it because theres somthing to be gained from it. Like less dps :P.

No but seriously if SV - MM were considerably lower than BM by a mass amount, then there just dropping BM down onto par with the other spec's, but then if the numbers are to low, they'll make improvements. somtimes you need to go backwards to go forwards, and thats what there doing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    Spamming multishot with serpent spread/imp serpent sting maybe, that's about the only way a Survival Hunter is doing 20k dps atm.
    you havent seen MorTys beta stream on xfire have you.

Quote Originally Posted by hellar View Post
    you havent seen MorTys beta stream on xfire have you.
    Oh, was talking about PTR, not beta.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I understand nerfing BW. Seeing how it is truely OP in pvp bases. Although if the numbers drop too much maybe buff BW for attacks except in a pvp setting. So 30-40% against non player targets and 20% against players and their minions.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoou View Post
    no this is called overkill not balancing.. also notice they nerfed the other two specs as well.
    How is increasing Aimed Shot's bas dmg and making Wild Quiver a 100% dmg shot a nerf to MM? Yea the proc chance on Wild Quiver was decreased VERY slightly, but that can be remedied easily with a few Mastery points. All in all, MM came away much better. Lrn2read.

Yes, this was a nerf. When they more than half the damage bonus that a pet receives on live with Bestial Wrath, that most certainly /is/ a nerf. Seriously, what is the point of BW plus the Beast Within anymore? Huge cooldown and two talent points to machine gun Arcane Shot for a few seconds? Wow, that seems so iconic for a Beast Mastery hunter. Yes, I'm nerd raging, but it's fucking Bestial Wrath!

And for those that are so smug about BM nerfs, GC just stated in the hunter thread on the beta class forums that SV was actually performing better in their internal tests with raid gear. So no, a huge BM nerf wasn't justified.

Seriously, though, I expected an adjustment of the mastery bonus downward, it was clearly too high and a significant part of why BM pets were so out of control with KC. That's fine. That's normal and adjusted numbers. But the pecking away at Bestial Wrath they've been doing for the past year or whatever is just bullshit. Reducing the duration, reducing the damage, reducing the utility, hell, reducing the freaking size the pets get! It's the one really cool, unique ability BM gets and it's like they're deliberately trying to make it mediocre at best. Unholy dks get to buff their pets for THIRTY FREAKING SECONDS for 50% damage! We can't even keep ours for a measly ten seconds! What the hell? *foams at the mouth*

not a nerf GRAWWWR balancing... 10 trillion threads crying about "nerfs" and not one of them understands that it's just blizzard making the game fair

Wow, just wow. This whole stuff is stupid on so many levels i do not even know where to start. Did you really think kc scaling with 63% while the signature shots of the other two specs scale with 24% and 35% (and cost more focus) was ever more than just a mistake they fixed? Or do you really want kc to be the by far highest damage contribution for all specs. Do you really want to loose 50% or more of your dps once your pet dies?

The amount of stupidity in those posts is really amazing.