Page 1 of 2
LastLast

War of the Ancients

So we got a new Keepers of Time raid coming out based on the War of the Ancients, right? That what I've been led to believe. And we are sure that Nozdormu is the secret leader of the Infinite Flight, right? So I think we'll see him in it since he wasn't there due to old God influence. Maybe he wants to see if he could stop it all together.

So i was wondering what we are going to be doing. You think War of the Ancients, we're going to be kicking Demon ass, but one thing I've come to know is that the Infinite Flight tries to prevent things from happening. For instance they could try to kill the mages who are allowing Demons to enter the world, and Chromie would be all like "I know i know, but the war has to happen"

Either way, we get to see Archimonde again hes a cool dude!

So any insight on the raid or events leading up to it would be cool and appreciated and what are your predictions?

i wonder if we will all become night elfs then, because there were no orc's humans and stuff back then and only ones who were was rohan and his orc buddy with krasus, and it makes little sence to make us adventures with them cause it fucks the book up and stuff and jsut easyier lore wise and cooler mechanically to make everyone a night elf

I havent seen any official word about a war of the ancients concept in wow, only speculation from players.

A patch maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Gob View Post
    I havent seen any official word about a war of the ancients concept in wow, only speculation from players.
    Its official. As in, it is going to happen. As in, it's confirmed. As in, sometime during Cataclysm there will be a War of the Ancients raid. As in, it's official.

What part of the actual war it will encompass however is unknown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    i wonder if we will all become night elfs then
    Ah, that is true, be nice not to be a bold human XD

Also if its just the last battle, horde could be tauren, though I think I like the night elf idea better

Deleted
    Would the world really be worse off if we stopped the invasion early on?

WTFPWNING the Burning Legion might make them think twice about coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    Its official. As in, it is going to happen. As in, it's confirmed. As in, sometime during Cataclysm there will be a War of the Ancients raid. As in, it's official.

What part of the actual war it will encompass however is unknown.
    I think the war was a few months long, so it would have to be the last battle, the most important part of the war, i also remember reading that we get to see Demi-Gods and they only fought in the last battle

Quote Originally Posted by Waff View Post

Not to get into a lengthy lore debate, but basically, yes, we'd (most likely) be worse off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waff View Post

Well, without that invasion, the Sundering never takes place and Kalimdor remains a super-continent. I'm sure that would have more than a few effects on the current time line.

Quote Originally Posted by kampfer View Post
    So we got a new Keepers of Time raid coming out based on the War of the Ancients, right?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by kampfer View Post
    And we are sure that Nozdormu is the secret leader of the Infinite Flight, right?
    And no

It has been confirmed, a few months ago

bout night elf.. i think ally would be night elf and horde would be blood elf.. remember back then all the elves were just elves.. the highelf (bloodelf) and nightelf thing came after the well of eternity exploded, those who ended on kalimdor named themselves nightelf, those at eastern kingdoms named themselfs highelfs. so imo factions will get the elf race they know

My ideal scenario for this would be for us to accompany Illidan while he steals from the Well of Eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by xelaa View Post
    bout night elf.. i think ally would be night elf and horde would be blood elf.. remember back then all the elves were just elves.. the highelf (bloodelf) and nightelf thing came after the well of eternity exploded, those who ended on kalimdor named themselves nightelf, those at eastern kingdoms named themselfs highelfs. so imo factions will get the elf race they know
    They were all Night Elves or Keldorei and the Highborne were just elitist of the race. They all ended up on Kalimndor but the Highborne left after being Exiled for causeing a storm that killed many, when they arrived on Lordaeron, they called themselves the High Elves and slowly changed to look more Human.

So no, there wouldn't be Alliance are night Elves and Horde are BloodElves/HighElves/Highborne. They are just gonna b Night Elves.

Also the Highborne were the enemy and the few who weren't were still in the palace for the most part.

http://www.worldofraids.com/topic/17...-on-cataclysm/

Fourth paragraph. (Figured that might be better than just saying, "is so.")

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart View Post
    No

And no
    um a blue said that there planing on a war of the ancient raid in a pacth
    no beta

just wanna make a list of who we might see.

4 Aspects(Nozdormu also, hopefully)
    Malfurion without feathers on his arms
    Tyrande without the bitchy attitude
    Illidan as just a Night Elf(in the book, he didn't have those 2 blades, he just blew shit up)
    Rhonin(hopefully not)
    Krasus(hopefully younger version only)
    Broxigar(if I have to see the last to mentioned, i better see him)
    Malorne, and the other Demi Gods(would make a great cut scene of him and Archimonde going it)
    Archimonde, leader of the Demon Army(hopefully with a cooler model and seeing him get stabbed in his normal size)
    Mannoroth(this would just be awesome)
    Azshara(she better have a unique model for being so hot, but I feel, she'll be using the Alexstraza/Sylvanas/ysera hooker look)
    Our first glimpse at Sargeras(The original guy who punched Deathwing in the face)
    and a few yet named Demons who make filler bosses(Hakkar already died before this battle)

just thinking about the final battle, I remember these dark flying creatures that attacked the dragons. Some ppl thought they were Nether dragons, before that whole thing was explained, so now I'm thinking that they are Infinite Drakes/Dragons(though I'm sure Metzen just made them random things at the time)

which account is canon? The novels? It's gonna be confusing if rhonin krasus and broxigar are there and the infinite dragonflight makes an appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    which account is canon? The novels? It's gonna be confusing if rhonin krasus and broxigar are there and the infinite dragonflight makes an appearance.
    lol that would be a remix on the remix.
    I'm actually hoping its the original war, but knowing that Rhonin and krasus are Knaaks babies, its gonna be with them in it and most likely, their gonna lead us and tell us what to do. I cringe every time some one beats Algalon and I here his speech.