Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    Deleted

Blizzcon New MMO -- what do you think?

I've recently been reading various rumors around the website stating that the new MMO blizzard has, and has had in the works for many years now, is going to be announced at this years Blizzcon.

With Cataclysm not even out yet, I cant imagine them announcing their next wow expansion yet. And with the market of MMO's becoming evermore competative, I think a stunt like that announcement will put the spotlight right onto blizzard.

What would you guys think if it was/is going to be announced? Excited? Don't give a shit? Share you opinions!

Changed title to avoid being misleading.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2010-10-13 at 06:50 PM.

Deleted
    I think they will most likely reveal there new mmo, i myself find it a little unnerving to say the least.

ye i wonder if it will be something like world of starcraft. but ye they sayd they will do something new

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt there will be a new MMO.
    They've put so much time into Cataclysm, and are already planning more expansions for WoW.
    Experience has shown, and a true philosophy will always show, that a vast, perhaps the larger portion of the truth arises from the seemingly irrelevant. -Edgar Allan Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Vainde View Post
    They've put so much time into Cataclysm, and are already planning more expansions for WoW.
    ^ This

Also, I might of missed something here... When did they say they were working on a new MMO?

10+ Year Old Account
    Place your bets on how many threads will be created about the new MMO now!

WoW killer threads. Praise threads. Whine threads. Speculation threads. Lore threads. And just general miscellaneous and mostly crap threads. The day it reaches the front page of MMO-champion, is this forum's equivalent of the beginning of the apocalypse!
    Last edited by Tuvok; 2010-10-07 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Spelling. (Still don't know if I got it right)
    "The truth, my goal."

Quote Originally Posted by Velyndina View Post
    ^ This

Also, I might of missed something here... When did they say they were working on a new MMO?
    A few years ago actually. They took a lot of the old design team from Vanilla and TBC and moved them into development of the "next-gen MMO", from what I recall. They also stated it'll be a completely new universe, again if memory serves me correctly.
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rullk

Ok well at some point there will be a new one, they have said so and have devoted significant resources to it already.

Ot: I really hope they will say something about it, show us the premise or something at least. And I think it's fairly likely that they will, i say 50/50 chance either way. Seems like they at least have to say something about it, even if all they say is "we're not talking about that."

Blizz actually has two unnannounced games in development right now. If you look at their job page, they're hiring for both a 'next-gen MMO' and an 'unannounced game title.'

Deleted
    To all those saying there wont be wont, trust me there will.

Blizzard have announced it and provided small chunks of information various times. Some of the old core developers of WoW have moved over to develop the new MMO, and back in 2007 several recruitment posts were on the careers area of their website recruiting people for a "new, next gen MMO" and some of the requirements to get the job were 2+ years experience in designing sci-fi/futuristic armor or something.

There definately is a new MMOFPS (highly rumored), but apart from that, pretty much nothing is know. I personally cannot wait for an announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Velyndina View Post
    ^ This

Also, I might of missed all of this. When did they say they were working on a new MMO?
    Actually Blizzard has been working on a new MMO for a while now. I doubt however it will be announced at this year's Blizzcon as they have already released the schedule and their is no "secret panel," as I'm sure Blizzard would love to hype a new MMO.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Jeffrey_Kaplan "On February 12, 2009, Jeff announced that he was leaving WoW to work on Blizzard's other unannounced MMO project." That's where Tigole went.
    How did the proto-plankton solve the math problem?

"Algae"-braically of course!
    All proceeds/awards/hate-mail for avatar go to Michael Vega and his character Jam!

Quote Originally Posted by rulk View Post
    A few years ago actually. They took a lot of the old design team from Vanilla and TBC and moved them into development of the "next-gen MMO", from what I recall. They also stated it'll be a completely new universe, again if memory serves me correctly.

Ahh ok thanks
    Thank you Vlisa as well :P

Actually, they did mention that it's not the same team building WoW that's on the new MMO.

So to the fact that Cataclysm have taken a lot of their time, should not halt the new MMO's speed of progression.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Deleted
    Blizz actually has two unnannounced games in development right now. If you look at their job page, they're hiring for both a 'next-gen MMO' and an 'unannounced game title.'
    Wow... GREAT find dude... Im hoping the annanounced title will be warcraft 4 RTS!

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard already confirmed a while ago that they are working on a new, entirely separate MMO.
    http://www.massively.com/2009/05/13/...s-original-ip/

Once they finish Diablo III I'm sure people from that team will help with the new MMO. Personally I'm hoping for a Diablo MMORPG on the scale of WoW, with more classes and intricate crafting and different raid styles. Going into the depths of hell with a guild and killing demons sounds like fun to me.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Blizzcon = Fifth class for Diablo III + Diablo III release date.

Maybe a teaser trailer fore Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm also.

Of course, I have no source, just saying what I would like to see.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Oh come on, You really think such big company as Activision/Blizzard dont have enough developers to work on WoW and new MMO at same time?
    History of Illumination

Patch 4.1.0 (2010-10-XX): This talent is gone...
    Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): This talent now returns 30% of the mana cost of the spell instead of 60%.
    Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): This talent now only gives 60% of the mana cost of the critical heal.
    Prior to Patch 2.1.0, Illumination granted a 100% mana gain after a related crit

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup word of blizz's new MMO leaked out two or so years ago, and it was widely thought to be World of Starcraft. However one of the few things announced by Blizz about this new MMO is that it will be a completely new IP. Blizz is also a big company with enough cash to hire people to work on multiple titles at once, aka Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Cata, and the mystery MMO, Plus planning for the future of wow post cata release.

I'm hoping for something spacey or apocalyptic for the setting (Or both)

Deleted
    You can get everything you have the blizzard has more than 1 team of people to work on one game at a time. They dont have everyone working on WOW for a week and then switch everyone to diablo for a bit - they're different teams.

If they want a new MMO, they will get new teams in. I hope the "next-gen" mmo is good, I wanna at least now the basic plot of it. Im thinking its either medieval/magic like wow, or set in space like starcraft.

http://www.blizzardnewmmo.com/

The website above keeps track of all data you should know about this new MMO

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

personally i think Bungie (you know: the creator of Halo) gets involved in this project now they have joined Activision. I think it's very possible that new MMO is more like a FallOut 3 meets Fantasy MMO.
    Last edited by Z3ROR; 2010-10-07 at 09:57 PM.