Page 1 of 23
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry Cannot burst all my dps due to tanks...

Frequently I'm obliged to stop attacking cause I overpass the aggro that the tank generates. In the best cases I must deal white swings for few seconds just to reduce my aggro on boss. All of you know how much terrible is for a dps class be forced to interrupt attacking cause the tanks are not able to generate enough aggro! Only tankadins, for my experience, keep enough aggro on bosses allowing me to burst all my dps output! This makes me nervous during boss fight! Is the same for you? What do you think about? Is it normal?

I must say actually having to manage your threat is a breath of fresh air, I just hope they actually give all dps classes decent threat dumps like hunters and rogues already have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    got the same problem thank god i got good tanks in my guild

Wait 10 seconds before you start unloading on the boss? Pretty simple. I know it's odd to actually wait for tanks to build up threat.... but before WoTLK people actually did it that way. :P

This is normal , welcome to using Omen again and watching it .
    I am so going to enjoy Cataclysm .

Long live Garona Halforcen ! Cheers to Odexy for the Sig !

10+ Year Old Account
    2 Sunders!

or you just wait a second at the start of a fight instead of braindead mashing your buttons as soon a th epull cmd is off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden are actually quite similar. For one, both names start with the letter K, which is short for...kuhraaaaazy. Second, both had a hard-on for the color red and blood-elf girls. Third, they both were defeated at the Sunwell. Lastly, they both hate people who make threads comparing things that are as different as bananas and grape drink.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Step 1: Delete Recount
    Step 2: Enjoy your character
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Profit

Topping the DPS meters isn't the most important thing in this game. Don't stand in fire, CC when you're supposed to and you'll be fine.

I hope Blizzard keeps it like this, we might be able to see people like OP dying all the time because he cant figure out how to properly manage his threat. Hopefully people like OP will quit wow in rage because they have to hold their dps for a couple of seconds.

I'm so sick and tired of kids thinking the PvE aspect of this game is ALL about their dps. Go play hello kitty adventure instead. Its where you belong.
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

Wait for sunders!!!!11!
    Just another random troll.

I don't get why people say having to watch threat will be fun, it's really not an enjoyable thing, it's like being given a bowl of chips and dip and being told you can only eat one every minute

basically the role of a dps is not just to mash buttons and hurt stuff, it's to watch their threat whilst doing it. This is how the game used to be played and how it is intended to be played so learn to deal with it. if you can't stand to back off for a few seconds every now and again roll tank or healer.

I find it funny that he blames the tanks. Its always another player.

I've always had to watch my threat on my afflic lock on live, it's nothing new. Still usually finished in top 3 even after waiting 10 seconds.

Deleted
    I'm looking forward to Cataclysm instances, where CC will matter more than raw dps output. Will sort out a lot of the tards that don't know how to play in any other way than by doing maximum possible damage no matter what happens. EVen if it kills them. Which it will. A lot. I LOVE IT! :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Voltair View Post
    I don't get why people say having to watch threat will be fun, it's really not an enjoyable thing, it's like being given a bowl of chips and dip and being told you can only eat one every minute
    But on the other hand if you just keep munching those chips and dip like a madman you end up getting fat and lazy...

The bigger issue is all dps should have the opportunity to unload all they can -When appropriate.

The OP never suggested this is at the beginning of a fight, but all the elitist jerks were quick to make their pathetic comments.

All dps should have threat dumps, but they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmollster11 View Post
    The bigger issue is all dps should have the opportunity to unload all they can -When appropriate.

The OP never suggested this is at the beginning of a fight, but all the elitist jerks were quick to make their pathetic comments.

All dps should have threat dumps, but they don't.
    ALL dps have that opportunity, they just cant faceroll through the entire fight anymore. There is also a threat dump called Stop attacking the boss. It not so much a dump but hey it has the same effect! Problem solved.

I lolled at the whole topic reading this from my phone you sir are either a really bad troll or dps, either way dont forget to stand in the fire while u pull agro,also it feels good havingto work for you agro as a tank
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorllin View Post
    What does Cho'Gall do at orgrimmar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropos View Post
    Hes snatching yo people up
    so hide yo kids, hide yo wife and hide yo husband to cause they rapen errybody out here!

Quote Originally Posted by vailliant View Post
    I lolled at the whole topic reading this from my phone you sir are either a really bad troll or dps, either way dont forget to stand in the fire while u pull agro,also it feels good havingto work for you agro as a tank
    Tbh he should go stand in the fire and die. Its kinda like the phrase: Go play on the highway, then there will be one less to f. it up.