Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Monran View Post
    This.
    If anything the next thing after cata will be (hopefully) a new hero class. Hopefully. Highly doubtful, but I have hopes
    I really doubt we'll ever see a new class again. I think new races are more likely. I imagine creating some new races that can be pre-existing classes is less of a headache than coming up with a fresh new class that is somehow balanced.

Tbh, I think there could be another pure dps class. Being pure dps would solve a heap of balance in PvE/PvP.

It would have to be rather unique though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bethofwow View Post
    The High Elves are already in the Alliance, i.e The Silver Covenant. Blizzard isn't going to make another version of playable Elf within the same faction. If there is another race added, the only logical choice is Furblog.
    I know the High Elves are present within the Alliance already, they just aren't playable.
    And I know they will stay that way probably until WoW ends, as much as I'd wish the opposite (being a fan of High Elf lore and not liking to play on the Horde...). I just see quite a few difficulties with Furbolgs as a playable race, at least those Furbolgs that are currently ingame. Furbolgs lack any sign of more centralized civilization, in fact, they don't have any settelements beyond the point of tribal villages. A problem they would share with most - if not all - new races is that there would simply be no place on Azeroth to make a starting zone for them, and adding them to Darnassus/Teldrassil after the Worgen are there simply isn't much of an option - the city just isn't big enough for three races.
    I am not against the idea of playable Furbolgs (not strictly, anyway), I just don't see them as a viable option.

There was an idea of "hero races", that is, ones that would start on an advanced level instead on lvl1, which would solve the "space" issue (Outland still has a lot of it), and would take away problems with the necessary lvl1-XX content for that speciffic race. That would probably put Arrakoa as one of the probable races, question is whom would they join - their loyalties go neither way.
    Last edited by Serenais; 2010-10-21 at 02:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bethofwow View Post
    The two new races after Cataclysm will likely be: Furblog(Alliance) and Ogre(Horde)
    Come now.....

Never ever ever going to happen. Furbolgs are not an intelligent race, they were in fact so stupid they got annihilated by the Legion's corruption in Felwood. They are just too dumb.

Ogres are too dumb as well. They can barely articulate their most basic thoughts, and how can they understand more than one language? I know many of you would reference Or'grila or w/e... but the population there is negligible.

The truth is, WOW is done with more character races. It's going to be Hero classes from here on out.
    Over-thinking, Over-analyzing, separates the body from the mind.

Mmm... For Furbolg, I imagine Blizzard could expand Timbermaw Hold (we see an entrance into it from Azshara, but no tunnels leading to the Azshara entrance from the entrance in Felwood/Winterspring) and use phasing technology in the Ashenvale/Felwood/Winterspring area.

Although, personally, I want just whole new races in general. Who knows what happened to a bunch of those islands come Cataclysm, as we don't get to go to them in this expansion (or at least yet--maybe in future content patches). There's also the possibility of the "other side of the world", whether Blizzard does anything with the misted ocean is anyone's guess.

I want a reptilian race for the Horde. ):

Come now.....

Never ever ever going to happen. Furbolgs are not an intelligent race, they were in fact so stupid they got annihilated by the Legion's corruption in Felwood. They are just too dumb.

Ogres are too dumb as well. They can barely articulate their most basic thoughts, and how can they understand more than one language? I know many of you would reference Or'grila or w/e... but the population there is negligible.

The truth is, WOW is done with more character races. It's going to be Hero classes from here on out.
    Really? You do realize Furbolg have their own language and are more intelligent than you may think they are. There's the Timbermaw as a prime example.

Besides, never underestimate Blizzard. They could very well be putting these dragon-men into the game to seed them in as a future race, for all we know.
    Last edited by sabredragon; 2010-10-21 at 02:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd roll a deer person. ;D
    Unofficial Playable Sethrak Thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2796109?page=1

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think it will come new races in the next expansion (The one after Cata). But if it is i think its gonna be Pandarens and Ogres.

Doubt there will be an after cata, by then it will have been 5 years since blizz announced a new IP and it should be just about ready

I'm going with...

Azshara Expansion

Naga (Bipedal) - Alliance
    Ogres - Horde

Legion Expansion

None. New Hero Class instead

Sargeras/Old God Expansion

Aqir - Alliance
    Pandaren - Horde

Battle of the Badasses - Warcraft Edition

Congrats to Medivh

Bracket Results Here

15+ Year Old Account
    I believe there's enough races already. 12. We've got 12 races with barely any lore and flavor behind some of them. I'd rather have 6 races, but deep ones, with richer stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    I believe there's enough races already. 12. We've got 12 races with barely any lore and flavor behind some of them. I'd rather have 6 races, but deep ones, with richer stories.
    no lore a flavor? *sigh*
    Video games and the female audience. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8ZVZRsy8N8

wtb ogres instead of stupid hippie centaur.

I just don´t get it! Why are so many people so keen to see furbolgs as a playable race? I see them on like EVERY new-race-related poll, and someone always has to comment it in threads like this.
    I mean... REALLY?
    They´re ugly, weak, of lesser importance, and as far as I know haven´t ever done anything for or against anyone oO
    I may be way off on this but there are other races that I´d think about implementing first... For me, Furbolgs would be the last possible idea for a playable race to pop into my head!

Now how about the Ethereals for example? Wouldn´t that be quite something?
    And of course - Pandaren - the race that everyone wants, and that we won´t ever see because China would enrage D:

And yes, we really do have more than enough races already, so why all this speculation... Jeez!
    Cataclysm ain´t even out yet and everyone is already making theories on possible new races, villains and classes / hero classes!
    We all know that what lies ahead on the road of villains is some more Lovecraft-copypaste´s and Sargeras so... calm down and enjoy what you have eh?

No offence to anyone, it just had to be said.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Athinah View Post
    no lore a flavor? *sigh*
    Take draenei. There's no place for them after TBC. They were introduced 6 months after BEs, shortly before release. They played their part in that expansion, in Wrath and Cata they're almost nowhere to be seen, they've got no story arcs associated with them.

---------- Post added 2010-10-21 at 08:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by grevlinghore View Post
    Now how about the Ethereals for example? Wouldn´t that be quite something?
    Yep. Agreed.
    And of course - Pandaren - the race that everyone wants, and that we won´t ever see because China would enrage D:
    That's a popular delusion; seeing how they censored Wrath bu substititing skeletal mobs with zombies, red blood for green, abominations for scarecrows, and remaned almost all of Death Knight's abilities and even repainted some of the icons, I don't see the problem with Pandaren. Just give them a brown skin and call them "Bearen".

Quote Originally Posted by grevlinghore View Post

And yes, we really do have more than enough races already, so why all this speculation... Jeez!
    Cataclysm ain´t even out yet and everyone is already making theories on possible new races, villains and classes / hero classes!
    We all know that what lies ahead on the road of villains is some more Lovecraft-copypaste´s and Sargeras so... calm down and enjoy what you have eh?

No offence to anyone, it just had to be said.
    I disagree actually. I think if anything we have too many classes. Ten classes with 3 different specs each is alot. There already is all sorts of homogenization amongst the classes. Any new class added is going to play very similar to what's already implemented.

Battle of the Badasses - Warcraft Edition

Congrats to Medivh

Bracket Results Here

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there should be any more races. There's 12 playable at the time and like someone said, not all of them are fleshed out lorewise as best they could. I'd expect (MAYBE) one more class to be introduced and that be it for WoW until the next MMO comes around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sabredragon View Post
    Mmm... For Furbolg, I imagine Blizzard could expand Timbermaw Hold (we see an entrance into it from Azshara, but no tunnels leading to the Azshara entrance from the entrance in Felwood/Winterspring) and use phasing technology in the Ashenvale/Felwood/Winterspring area.

Although, personally, I want just whole new races in general. Who knows what happened to a bunch of those islands come Cataclysm, as we don't get to go to them in this expansion (or at least yet--maybe in future content patches). There's also the possibility of the "other side of the world", whether Blizzard does anything with the misted ocean is anyone's guess.

I want a reptilian race for the Horde. ):

Really? You do realize Furbolg have their own language and are more intelligent than you may think they are. There's the Timbermaw as a prime example.

Besides, never underestimate Blizzard. They could very well be putting these dragon-men into the game to seed them in as a future race, for all we know.
    First of all, no dragons... seriously not going to happen. The Timbermaw are probably the only quasi-intelligent race of Furbolg and are unequivocally endangered. Blizz would REALLY have to pull lore out of their ass to save them, such as an entire, secretive underground city/population that has been lost X years...

Believe it or not, there has to be SOME basis behind the creation of a race or class on in-game lore.

Blizzard plans expansions years ahead of time, they even start basic develop DURING the early stages of the prior expansion. There is no significant lore left out of frame as of now 'race of goblins, Gilneans.' So if anything were to be implemented in the future, the race/races would have to be shown in the content of the next expansion, 'post-Cataclysm' as there is nothing suggesting a new race right now.

---------- Post added 2010-10-21 at 04:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nuke1096 View Post
    I disagree actually. I think if anything we have too many classes. Ten classes with 3 different specs each is alot. There already is all sorts of homogenization amongst the classes. Any new class added is going to play very similar to what's already implemented.
    Errmmm I agree as well that there are to many classes, a lot to be balanced for such a homogenized game. But LORE aside, as that would probably more difficult to conjure, I think the pool of ideas for what abilities and niches could be brought into the game still has some room. Personally, I'm thinking enough room for one or MAYBE two classes at most, but I'm sure others could see more holes in the game-play where a new class could fill.
    Over-thinking, Over-analyzing, separates the body from the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonBarber View Post
    I don't believe in that. There is no law that says a playable character can't have 4 legs.
    Gear wouldn't work with quadrupedal beings. How would a robe be displayed?! You can dress up Naga in the WoW model viewer but anything below the wait just doesn't work. How would mounts work? Or certain vehicles? It jut most likely won't happen. Far too much effort would be put into making the game work for quadrupedal creatures. They will most likely HAVE to be bipedal.

---------- Post added 2010-10-21 at 04:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Visen View Post
    I don't think there should be any more races. There's 12 playable at the time and like someone said, not all of them are fleshed out lorewise as best they could. I'd expect (MAYBE) one more class to be introduced and that be it for WoW until the next MMO comes around.
    Thats just YOUR opinion though, not the majorities opinion so that request of yours is prolly not gonna happen. You cant go wrong with more races. You really just can't. More variety the better. And unlike classes, races don't need extensive balancing.
    Last edited by Bombkirby; 2010-10-21 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Rule 1: Playable races have to be bipedal.

So no, not going to happen.
    Rule 2: Rule 1 is invalid.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orge for horde sounds 100% plausibile. As for alliance i'd love to see drakonids, speaking of which, one to the developers has said that he'd love to implement drakonids as a playable race.