Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    Am I reading this correct? Since I live on the East Coast I can't play Cataclysm till 3 AM on the 7th instead of midnight?
    Yes. That is to not give you advantage over someone living on West coast, because 3AM East = Midnight West.

Also for the rifts...it now has been confirmed that the FoS does NOT require you to kill lvl80 elementals, but to obtain the daily quest drop item (worth some gold) is required. Stop confusing people.

Edit : Considering the latest blue post, I would think that precise locations of spawn will be less and less precise since it seems we will be getting more and more spawns.
    Last edited by powerstuck; 2010-11-02 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Added some stuff.

Where exactly in Sholozar are the winds spawning? Or where in Mag in Borean are they spawning?

Thanks

Add Crystalsong Forest to the Wind rift spawn list.

I got mine there yesterday, at the Ruins of Shendra-something. The spot with the centaur and druid ghosts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like now I have to go find all the elements to get the achievement

Do the low lvl rifts count for ach too? And what do you get from the Mysterious Device?

Quote Originally Posted by powerstuck View Post
    Yes. That is to not give you advantage over someone living on West coast, because 3AM East = Midnight West.

Also for the rifts...it now has been confirmed that the FoS does NOT require you to kill lvl80 elementals, but to obtain the daily quest drop item (worth some gold) is required. Stop confusing people.

Edit : Considering the latest blue post, I would think that precise locations of spawn will be less and less precise since it seems we will be getting more and more spawns.
    I have the achievement and have not looted a mysterious object from a single portal, I stood in the portal, killed a few mobs with everyone else and got the buff when the portal closed. I killed only Northrend portals however.

Deleted
    How do you know if you have done one of the parts? I just killed some earth elementals in Storm Peaks but I killed by some of the Horde almost immediately after.

Quote Originally Posted by Sviptyr View Post
    How do you know if you have done one of the parts? I just killed some earth elementals in Storm Peaks but I killed by some of the Horde almost immediately after.

Check your combatlog and see if you gained the buff or not before you died.

These questlines were a good time and not too shabby with the exp to boot. If youre low level like me and care about exp anymore...

Deleted
    anyone know if there will be a download for cataclysm patch for everyone before the release date?

I ordered my key from another store than blizzards one. And im getting this key at midnight with the release. So i really wanna download the content before the release, anyone have some info on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Riboflavin View Post
    I have the achievement and have not looted a mysterious object from a single portal, I stood in the portal, killed a few mobs with everyone else and got the buff when the portal closed. I killed only Northrend portals however.
    I just did it in Crystalsong Forest at the Ruins of Shandaral (Wind) and after killing the rifts...I looted some mobs that I killed (so they dont interfere with the elementals) and the objet appeared on the spot where the rift was. The object looks like those that appeared around main cities (and that you destroy for a quest) it is only smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenius View Post
    anyone know if there will be a download for cataclysm patch for everyone before the release date?

I ordered my key from another store than blizzards one. And im getting this key at midnight with the release. So i really wanna download the content before the release, anyone have some info on this?
    It's a bit off-topic, but you can find the blue post about that here : http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=1

If anyone have the ID of these elementals or of the rifts...if they have any, this could be useful since you can add a specific NPC id into NPC_Scan addon and just fly in the zone...the addon should warn you if it scans something in it's range like it does for the rare-elite mobs.

Edit : If this can help some people calculate the respawn timer of these things. I just got my earth buff and had 9 minutes left on my wind buff. I don't know if it's a zone wide spawn timer or a rift type or what ever.

My current spawn locations :

the Ruins of Shandaral, Crystalsong Forest - Wind
    Entry point stairway in Grizzly hills (from Zul'drak), just west of Ursoc's Den(Grizzly Hills) - Earth
    Last edited by powerstuck; 2010-11-02 at 11:17 PM.

Is it just me or is there smoke coming out of the ground in kargath now?

I have a picture but it wont let me post it. I need a few more post.

not sure how random the spawn timer is or isn't currently for the 3 I've gotten it's been about 50 minute increments. First one I got was at 4:37, next spot I got to was 5:24ish, last one so far for me was at like 6:17. That would also explain the conflicting reports of whether they spawn on the hour or the half etc.

You can have multiple auras at once but so far only like 7-10 mins left on the previous one before the next event occurs.

Can Anyone tell me what Addons are used in this Screen Shot Shown Above.

elemental3_1.jpg

It appears to be the SS of the Mage fighting the Elementals in Winterspring.

Bah, since im a new memeber and I can't repost his pic, what addons are being used in Slaaf's photo on page 2 of the thread?

Okay, this might be just me, but why the fuck do the water rifts disappear every single time I get close to them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hheebo View Post
    Okay, this might be just me, but why the fuck do the water rifts disappear every single time I get close to them?
    They have something like self-destruction timer. Saw one yesterday as well. Looks like if none stops them, they will despawn once their dirty things are compiled on this plane

Elementals are fine, but cult quests are boring.
    91 lvl Elit Alcoholic Ирез

so does this mean that since i'm in CST(2 hours ahead of PST), that i will be able to go pick up my copy at best buy and have 2 hours to install it and get ready to go and still be able to log in as soon as the realms come up?