Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Worgen question?

First I want to say sorry if I've posted this in the wrong spot. I'm still pretty new here but I didn't see any specific place for the new races.
    Okay so.. I've asked youtube videos and in my guild and stuff and I haven't actually gotten a real answer.
    Does anyone know if we're going to be able to change the worgen HAIR color? Not the fur color... The actual hair color.
    On youtube when I asked I got no answer at all, and when I asked in my guild people said "I'm sure you'll be able too, I don't see why not".
    This wasn't good enough for me.. and I've googled it as much as possible, finding nothing. Anyone know anything about this? I will be very sad if I have to play a worgen with black hair. Thanks for the help =)

Nope. Just fur.

Edit: Thinking about it, I can't even imagine what other "hair" colors would work for them. Brown, maybe. White would look ridiculous unless their fur changes with it. Any other colors would just look plain silly. Black just kinda... works... with every fur color.
    Last edited by rat; 2010-11-30 at 03:33 PM.

Deleted
    They have an option called 'Hair color', I haven't seen it used though, I've only seen this video, you can see the option.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfAAP-Hcslk

Edit: Okay, just fur
    Last edited by mmoceecf94df82; 2010-11-30 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Furries

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevilperson View Post
    They have an option called 'Hair color', I haven't seen it used though, I've only seen this video, you can see the option.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfAAP-Hcslk

Edit: Okay, just fur
    But there's still the option to change "hair color" ...is it possible that they won't have the hair color option until the game actually ships?
    Because from what I see in videos "skin color" changes the fur color....

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    But there's still the option to change "hair color" ...is it possible that they won't have the hair color option until the game actually ships?
    Because from what I see in videos "skin color" changes the fur color....
    Their human form still has hair, you know. That's all it means. That option changes the worgen fur color, and the human's hair.

I don't think it works, not yet at least. Here is this video from beta you can see the guy clicking the hair color button, and he gets frustrated and starts spam clicking it with nothing changing @ 0:36

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck_JC...eature=related

It even remains the same on the human model in the background.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm... I'm not happy about this, not one bit. =\

---------- Post added 2010-11-30 at 10:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gnawty View Post
    I don't think it works, not yet at least. Here is this video from beta you can see the guy clicking the hair color button, and he gets frustrated and starts spam clicking it with nothing changing @ 0:36

Hmm. This is what I was hoping for. Thanks =) As long as someone else thinks it just isn't working yet, I'll feel better.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you cannot. The option only changes the Human hair color. Worgen hair color changes slightly to match the fur color. You can see this if you watch a really HD YouTube video full-screen.

Back in Alpha there was data in place to let you make a seriously furry-tastic female Worgen, with salon-quality blowouts and any color you dreamed. That was removed because people bitched about it too much, as well as Blizzard feeling it didn't fit the look intended for Worgen (ie, a more Horde-like, ferocious Alliance race).

I'm pretty sure that's a problem specific to the female worgen, considering how unfinished they were until very, very recently.

I'm sure there will still be a few unique barbershop changes regardless

they had blonde hair in alpha and beta - even blue hair:

http://dorkdungeon.com/blog/wp-conte...08/worgen1.png
    I really don't know why we can't have blond worgen. There are blond worgen ingame. Several:
    http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s...enGangWars.jpg
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

...just thik how awesome a Worgan with a giant purple mowhawk would have looked!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    No, you cannot. The option only changes the Human hair color. Worgen hair color changes slightly to match the fur color. You can see this if you watch a really HD YouTube video full-screen.

Back in Alpha there was data in place to let you make a seriously furry-tastic female Worgen, with salon-quality blowouts and any color you dreamed. That was removed because people bitched about it too much, as well as Blizzard feeling it didn't fit the look intended for Worgen (ie, a more Horde-like, ferocious Alliance race).
    ugh wtf. They already have semi-ugly faces. If I wanted to play an ugly character, I'd go horde.... or play a dwarf. I'm not a "furry" but I am a girl... and being "pretty" isn't going to make me kick ass any less. Should at least be able to change the hair color. Bad enough all the hair styles are the same and the face doesn't change at all except for the fur shapes. /rage
    If people are bitching because they are "too pretty" then they should leave some "natural" looking hair styles and colors. I'm not asking for a worgen with tons of makeup and pink hair, I just wanted a ginger worgen. =( Kind of like the color of the foxes, so it's still some what natural but also so I won't look like the ZILLONS of other worgen.
    Last edited by Bri; 2010-11-30 at 03:53 PM.

Before they removed the good hair styles, color was changeable: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neJqyQkVECM

Man, I hope some of those styles are avail from barbershop

White hair looked sweet

10+ Year Old Account
    Before they removed the good hair styles, color was changeable: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neJqyQkVECM

Man, I hope some of those styles are avail from barbershop

White hair looked sweet
    Faces here are more ugly than the final model but the hairstyles are SO much better.
    I wanted red hair and a side ponytail =(

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a really good customization vid that demonstrates what I'm saying: Female Worgen customization (HD) by zhrooms

If you go full-screen at 720 or 1080p, you can see that the brown furs have dark-brownish hair, while the gray furs have black hair. Now do keep in mind this vid was posted in late September, so it's possible there will still be last-minute changes that appear when Cataclysm actually releases.

Faces there actually looked like dog faces. Now they are straight up :3

10+ Year Old Account
    lol. That's what I was thinking. Faces look exactly like :3

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say the "Hair Color" option may just be left over from the Alpha/Early beta when you could actually change the hair color.

I don't believe you can change the worgen hair color I think it only changes you human form hair color.