Poll: What will you do after the release of Cataclysm ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Not excited about the release

Anyone else not excited about the Cata release ? Think of the amounts of people swarming into Hyjal and Vashj'ir to rush to 85 : lag, waiting for mob respawn, massive ganking/corpse-camping and many other stuff you can think about. Top that with long login queues and/or server crashes. The only things that excite me are the worgen and goblin leveling zones and ofc the revamped 1-60 zones.
    Will you rush to 85, reroll a goblin/worgen or wait a week before buying Cata ?

Deleted
    I want cata now tbh

I'll be making a worgen warrior right away.

Deleted
    I can't wait! Have got groups sorted for BRC runs from 80-82 to bypass the mass of levelers.

You have Cataclysm on your computer now... you have been running it since 4.03a. Hotfixes have been making it stable since it's release and a final patch will fix some glaring bugs.

Launch will be nearly painless.. with perhaps only a few server restarts to address exploiters and missed glaring issues.

I'm not too excited either, mostly because I know even though I'll be doing stuff at midnight release, I won't be able to play too much due to University workloads. And the 7th happens to be on the worst day of the week for me, so I won't get to properly sit down with the game until later in the evening. >.<

But I intend to get my raiding main to 85 as fast as possible so she's ready to go.

why im excited about the release:
    finally wow is interesting again
    uldum
    EPIC hcs (rly! they look epic!!!)
    out of icc
    into new raids
    kill onyxia.... AGAIN
    new OP items
    new spells
    worgen
    revisit the changed zones with my worgen while lvling
    ARCHEEEEOOOOOOOOLOOOOOOOOGYYYYYYYY!!!

I'm not as psyched anymore, but it has nothing to do with masses of people at release or anything about the content. All of that will be awesome. But I started up in a new job at friday, and I'm going to work from 7am-3pm mon-fri next week.. The whole process went realy fast aswell (interview on Thursday) so that excitement was kinda just ripped away :P So I'll speed level in the afternoon, and can't wait for the weekend lol.

This Poll, why is there no "i will start straight away but enjoy the levelling process"

This is the first expansion where I'm not re-rolling a new character, or leveling a new character. I'm not really looking forward to bloated leveling zones. I'd expect if the zones are horribly crowded, I'll start doing chain dungeons and pvp with the guildies.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthurDent View Post
    You have Cataclysm on your computer now... you have been running it since 4.03a. Hotfixes have been making it stable since it's release and a final patch will fix some glaring bugs.

Launch will be nearly painless.. with perhaps only a few server restarts to address exploiters and missed glaring issues.
    As far as I am aware only those that have changed LK to CT in their config file have downloaded the 750~ MB that is the extra cata stuff.

I am quite psyched about the expansion. I left another MMO with some guild members that were interested and I am really looking forward to the expansion. I do believe taking almost a year off from WoW did help a lot though.

I agree, but because of lore reasons. Wrath was more appealing to me, and still is compared to cata. In general cata doesn't interest me the least on the lore side of things. Here's to hoping that the gameplay will be epic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sauce View Post
    Anyone would be a fool to camp outside stores at midnight just to stand around waiting for quest mobs during the initial zergfest. Go to bed at a normal time and pick the game up the next day.
    Or just farm BRC with friends until 82. Way faster than questing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitchlol View Post
    This Poll, why is there no "i will start straight away but enjoy the levelling process"
    Levelling fast means enjoying for some people, that others don't understand -_-

I suggest going to hyjal for everybody who are lvling in the 1st week. Waiting for mob respawn can be a pain in the arse, but hyjal is all about phasing so mob spawns shouldnt be a major problem when youre in a diferent phase than the other players

Quote Originally Posted by Side View Post
    Anyone else not excited about the Cata release ? Think of the amounts of people swarming into Hyjal and Vashj'ir to rush to 85 : lag, waiting for mob respawn, massive ganking/corpse-camping and many other stuff you can think about. Top that with long login queues and/or server crashes. The only things that excite me are the worgen and goblin leveling zones and ofc the revamped 1-60 zones.
    Will you rush to 85, reroll a goblin/worgen or wait a week before buying Cata ?
    Massive ganking is one of the things I look forward too tbh... But I play this game more for PvP than anything so...

Either Worgen Hunter or Druid. Can't decide at this moment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well I won't be "rushing" lvl 85, but I won't wait a week until I buy the expansion - so I don't have a button to vote.
    I already got Cata through Blizz online, and I will of course be playing, but not 24/7 just to be 85.

10+ Year Old Account
    been waiting for cata for 3 weeks now