Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

So who is actually enjoying Cataclysm?

Lately all the mmo-champ and wow forums have to offer is QQ but unsatisfied players.
    People saying it's like wotlk, it's too easy to level. Raids are too easy if Paragon are almost done with normal modes.
    I personally however am absolutely loving the new expansion. Hyjal was just amazing to play through, Deepholm was aesthetically probably the best zone Ive ever seen, Uldum is the most unique and entertaining to play through and Twilight Highlands definately outdid the previous max level zones. It was so great I'm even working on getting the rest of my toons to 85 now rather than wait. Heroics are definately at a good difficulty. I spent 2-3 in H deadmines. Loved every minute of it. I don't see why people are complaining just because they're doable. At this rate come the end of Cata they'll at least be much less of a joke than wotlk heroics. And that's expected if they're old content. And as for paragon almost having 12/12. Let me explain. Paragon have been on beta for months. They've leveled 80-85 3-4 times at least before they did so on live. They've downed alot of these raid bosses on normal plenty of times already on beta. Heroics will be another story. And allow me to just say. You guys can complain when your guild downs nefarian, al akir and chogall in the first week. Last I heard that's none of you. In fact it'll be a while before alot even get 12/12 on normal. You people need to learn to just enjoy the game. Sure it's just old concepts and mechanics reworked. Hey I love that. As for quick levelling all you lot complaining now are going to be thankful when you get round to rolling up your other lvl 80s. So I just wanted to know, who else aside from myself is loving cata and what do ya love most?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm loving it to no end ^^

The heroics are fun and challenging. I especially love the last four bosses in Halls of Origination heroic. I can't wait to get into raiding and see what that's like.

Personally I don't care what other guilds are clearing or not clearing at the moment. If people outside the top guilds complain about content being cleared too fast I just ignore them, because their opinion means nothing.

Also, OP; your post is a slight wall of text. Try to separate it into paragraphs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I must say separating it into paragraphs would be nice. But meh.

I personally am loving it so far. I like all the zones, except Deepholm. They have really fun quests and good lore. Also the instances are fun. Grim Batol has to be my favourite, I like how the bombing run can make the instance a lot easier if you are coordinated. The bosses are fun, and the trash is at a good level. That being said I am ONE item level from heroics. CURSE YOU BLIZZARD!!!

When I saw that Paragon was already 11/12 I thought meh, they've been on the beta for a while and they know the fights. So I wasn't too surprised that they where that high. People need to realize that its not that the content is hard its just that they've done it all over and over already.

Also I love archaeology just because it gives me more Night Elf lore. I know that sounds a little silly comming from a Blood elf but meh.

Word of the day is: MEH!
    Naus' Armoury - Armoury

you run dps eh?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    Love it really!!

It's more like the old days now where you need to talk and be prepared for whats comming. You don't just run like while cooking food and eating dinner with your family like you could in WOTLK. There IS a challenge now and Blizz should keep it like this!

And healing is way harder now, it's a challenge to heal HC's

Good job blizz, except all the bugs !

Apart from the thousands of phase and quest bugs, long dungeonqueues and having to look everywhere for the quest achievements, I'm enjoying it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanisgroots View Post
    Apart from the thousands of phase and quest bugs, long dungeonqueues and having to look everywhere for the quest achievements, I'm enjoying it.
    roll a healer and you have an instant dungeon queue

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it. Really, I really do.

The changes are amazing! plus, FINALLY I can play a Goblin...no more are the days of me wishing my mage were a goblin...ever since Vanilla, i've wondered why there was no playable goblin class. I even read that they considered putting goblins in Vanilla as one of the first horde races. Ah well.

Deleted
    I love it !
    Most of the heroics are really fun, even the easy ones.
    I rlly hate farming heroic dungeons but with those i love them, and since we have the weekly cap for justice points, i guess i will never really hate them
    Also leveling was awesome i loved the cutscenes in uldum and especially the harrison jones quest chain. Absolutely loved the ending of it haha.
    I cant wait to get to my first raids in cataclysm, cuz for what i've seen until now, they have to be great.
    Oh and seing goblins and worgens running around is kinda funny too haha.
    I Absolutely love cataclysm , i hope they keep it at this level.
    The best thing though is seing the ppl with no brain whining about everything being to difficult. I know its difficult, but thats FUN im serious.
    Even if im wiping in heroics i dont get angry at all, because the mechanics of the boss are just fun, even if some fail0r dies to something stupid.

And btw @ppl that say content is so easy cuz paragaon etc already got 11/12:
    Check your realms any bosses down yet? Did you kill any yet?
    All those guilds that killed bosses already did them 20 times or so on beta... and omg they are the worldst best raiders !

Thanks blizz, love cataclysm , gj

Edit: oh and i didnt even do all of them yet haha
    Last edited by mmoc3ed3e97fd6; 2010-12-11 at 12:11 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanisgroots View Post
    If you actually stop to read the quests and the dialogue presented by NPCs (Harrison Jones tells you to meet him later, Ysera tells you to go to the Grove later), you wouldn't have a problem with the quest achievements after they fixed them.

But yeah, the phase bugs are annoying. I can't go to the Twilight Highlands - nobody can on my server because the zeppelin is because which effectively prevents the entire zone from working.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Guide to Cata:

1) Forget everything you learned in Wotlk
    2) Get in a good guild for fast queues
    3) Run heroics and get ready to wipe A LOT

The game is amazing. I've always wanted them to make Heroics as hard as raids, and they've pretty much done that. You need CC, coordination, and 5 players who know what they're doing to overcome the shit gear you have.

Deleted
    Personally, loving it. I loved the questlines (Uldum is just amazing), the new cutscenes (Uldum again, notice a trend here), the new look on gear (So far... pala T11 makes me cry), the difficulty of dungeons/hc's and the need for CC, archaeology... all of it!

Anyone who says it's easy 'cos Paragon did it hasn't raided yet. Paragon spent every beta raid test on those bosses, so they already know the fight and... lets be honest, they're one of the best guilds in the world. Give it a month and we'll have those same people qq'ing 'cos they can't pug the first raidboss.

i have yet to do a dungeon, and i'm lovin' vashjrjr, and all i've done is vash, i'm torn on my gear though, what to keep, what not, give us a poll
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it, I think wotlk got more bad rep than it deserved, it had good content to offer it just lasted WAY to long, that was its problem, the longer content lasts the 'easier' it gets to gear up for them and the more people down boss's well they are still technically 'current'

My one issue I have with cata so far is VERY minor, it's just that I'm finding it annoying to get the min Ilevel for heroics, though I guess I'll just have to run a few dungeons (only just hit 85 an hour ago)
    And obviously by tomorrow I'll have that min ilevel so my complaint will go away.

As for paragon already downing 11/12 normal, I'm not surprised, they could be the hardest bad ass mo fo fights around and paragon would still make them look easy, because they are paragon. All the top guilds down everything bar the insane fights in little to no time, I think the fact they haven't beaten all 12/12 by now is a tribute to how cata raiding isn't easy, if anything.'

Bolded for emphasis ^^

Deleted
    i love it.. the best expansion yet

Deleted
    raids are too easy because the very best guilds in the game, who were also brought into the beta SPECIFICALLY to test the fights beforehand, have cleared it? the majority of dedicated raiding guilds have yet to clear or even start raiding, therefore your point is invalid.

Deleted
    I love it! I really do. The thing about Paragon, they were betatesters and now they are just using what they have learned. Easy leveling? Who cares... I play this game for end game content, not for spending two weeks with leveling (finished 85lvl in 18 hours, but it was 18 hours of fun, those quests are really good ). And I am enjoying heroics too, it's fun to be responsible for cc once more and it's quite challenging when you have to cc 3 mobs and do damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone but you.
    To quote the great sage Ook Ook, "you can take the derk out of the jib, but you shouldn't put the jib in the derk."

The people who are enjoying the game are too busy enjoying it to be posting regularly on the forums.
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

Deleted
    Lvl'ing is very enjoyable and challenging as a rogue. especially twilight highlands where mobs hitting hard, have to watch for pats so no too many enemies. Greatest lvl'ing challenge i've ever experienced even tho i was a beta tester but didn't lvl a rogue so :P