Thread: Meta gem

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Meta gem

I was wondering what meta gems are you guys using, cos im having some trouble when i try to get " more blue than red gems " for the " 21 crit rating +3% crit dmg " ( UH PvP )
    Last edited by mmoc8884868edd; 2010-12-31 at 12:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just don't use one til they fix it, or use http://www.wowhead.com/item=52289 I guess. That meta would probably be bad for Unholy, but would be pretty nice for Frost til they fix Chaotic.

I'm having trouble deciding what to use as well.
    For Unholy the meta that procs haste for a few seconds might be good, for frost the one with mastery might be better.
    I think I've heard rumors from elitist jerks that, the Chaotic meta gem with 52 crit rating and 3% crit damage is still better despite the ridiculous geming required. However I'm a bit too lazy to research and provide a link now.

Quote Originally Posted by Admuntour View Post
    I'm having trouble deciding what to use as well.
    For Unholy the meta that procs haste for a few seconds might be good, for frost the one with mastery might be better.
    I think I've heard rumors from elitist jerks that, the Chaotic meta gem with 52 crit rating and 3% crit damage is still better despite the ridiculous geming required. However I'm a bit too lazy to research and provide a link now.
    It isn't, but it will be when they fix it.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Use Destructive until they fix Chaotic for the time being. I mean, yeah it's a 1% spell reflection but you still get the crit and it's an easy socket bonus.

They are fixing it in the next hotfix, until then +mastery and run speed is best option.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Use Destructive until they fix Chaotic for the time being. I mean, yeah it's a 1% spell reflection but you still get the crit and it's an easy socket bonus.
    This for Unholy that is. And no, they have statet they can't hotfix it.. So we have to wait atleast for next patch and hope the haven't forgot about it.

Deleted
    In order to change to 54 crit and 3% increase crit dmg meta i need to replace 4x40str for 20str 20 hit , wich makes me lose 80 str , and gain 80 hit

Wich results:

Losing: 247 EP from strenght loss
    Gaining: 62 EP from Hit

Plus lets take highest reforgable stat to reforge my 80 hit back from reforged equipment. Wich would result in around

Gaining 80 haste = 60 EP

In total we lose 247-122 = 125 EPs

So after my calculations 54crit and 1% spell reflect is currently best Unholy DPS Meta

Personally Im using 32 stam 2% armor. No real dps value but it was one of the few I could fill, requirements wise and the bonus is like 20 str so I just had to.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    Personally Im using 32 stam 2% armor. No real dps value but it was one of the few I could fill, requirements wise and the bonus is like 20 str so I just had to.
    Just use Destructive, silly. The requirement is something rediculously easy like having 2 red gems. Everyone has to have at least 2 red strength gems..
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Yeah, I'm using the Destructive one as well... except it's the WotLK version. No way I'm spending 1k on a meta just to replace it at the next hotfix.

Quote Originally Posted by Sessho View Post
    They are fixing it in the next hotfix, until then +mastery and run speed is best option.
    Unfortunately they cannot:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...2024?page=1#16

As stated above, until the next patch, we will have to live with it being crappy.
    I'm hoping since they are starting to post upcoming class changes etc, they will be doing the patch soon. (I hope)

Deleted
    omg guys stop with this fix fix fix .... i give u ex. when u put crit meta u lose 60 intelect and win 60 hit .... just reforge 60 hit to intelect ....

well me beeing a warrior in pvp, i automatically exclude "more blue than rad" as i wont do a completely wrong socketing strategy only to get a meta, who strong it would ever be... its never worth it.
    i tried the mastery + runspeed (as uh u wont need i think.), but ill stick to the crit / 1% spellreflect meta. It really rocks! its big fun.

it works not only as a spellreflect , but elso sometimes seems to "mimic" spells, like dk´s new ability...
    i first thought wtf. but the 2. or 3. time it happened, i realized i just blinked with my warrior , while the mage was standing still. big lols every time it happened

or shaman duell: frog fakecast, i put reflect up, shaman does /caststop /windsheer, than comes the frog... and the meta procs shammy in ts was like "wtf????"

its tooo fun (and sometimes realllllly helpful and can be game deciding )

Quote Originally Posted by Juginator View Post
    omg guys stop with this fix fix fix .... i give u ex. when u put crit meta u lose 60 intelect and win 60 hit .... just reforge 60 hit to intelect ....
    I'll get right on reforging for an extra 3% crit damage. Also, I'm pretty sure you can't reforge to Int since Int is a core stat.

Get back in the shaman forums!

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point, blue gems are not that hard to use because hit is blue now. I am using chaotic and not having issues gemming. Unfortunately, purple gems count as 1 of each so they do not help much.

Go for greens to fill yellow slots and rigids for blues. Now that hit is blue, there are some nice green gems. My favorite is the mastery and hit. Just reforge so that you need hit from gems and get over it until hotfix.

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    At this point, blue gems are not that hard to use because hit is blue now. I am using chaotic and not having issues gemming. Unfortunately, purple gems count as 1 of each so they do not help much.

Go for greens to fill yellow slots and rigids for blues. Now that hit is blue, there are some nice green gems. My favorite is the mastery and hit. Just reforge so that you need hit from gems and get over it until hotfix.
    Except strength is more than 3 times as valuable than any secondary stat. Especially if you're a jewelcrafter you're gimping yourself immensely by gemming for the chaotic requirement
    DW 2H
    Strength 2.62 2.28
    Mastery 0.82 0.80
    Hit 1.22 0.99
    Haste 0.48 0.84
    Expertise 0.96 0.94
    Crit 0.58 0.60
    AP 0.88 0.74

^^^Frost stat weights pre hardmode taken from EJ, assumed you're frost since you're gemming for mastery

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post

It's not a matter of whether or not you can do it, but rather, should you do it. However you slice it, chaotic makes you lose a crap ton of strength and since it's 3 times better than any other stat, it's practically impossible to make up the loss with secondary stats and socket bonuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith View Post
    It's not a matter of whether or not you can do it, but rather, should you do it. However you slice it, chaotic makes you lose a crap ton of strength and since it's 3 times better than any other stat, it's practically impossible to make up the loss with secondary stats and socket bonuses.
    No, it is not ideal, but most of my socket bonuses are strength and I still need need to get to hit cap. I could see this as a much bigger issue later down the road, as for now it is only a minor inconvenience.

Deleted
    Do not socket for socket bonuses unless its like 20str+ ,
    What rose said might be semi-viable for frost though losing 125 EP wich equals like 40str is not an option for unholy
    Last edited by mmoc7a131cc033; 2011-01-01 at 12:16 PM.