Scheduled Maintenance for NA Realms, Path of the Titans Scrapped System, DLC #896

This Week's Scheduled Maintenance for NA Realms
    Blizzard has announced the maintenance schedule for this week. World of Warcraft's maintenance will last approximately 8 hours in NA, from 7:00 AM PDT until 3:00 PM PDT.

Path of the Titans Scrapped System
    Mr. GM released a YouTube video delving into the "Path of the Titans", a character progression system that never made it to Cataclysm's launch. While this feature is not likely to appear in Cataclysm Classic either, it's worth noting that Cataclysm Classic is currently in closed beta with sign-ups available!

Dark Legacy Comics #896 - Kids
    DLC #896 has been released!

Last edited by Lumy; 2024-03-25 at 07:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    DLC channeling MMO-Champion again I see

Dark Legacy dropping truths once again.

10+ Year Old Account
    MEH

If they aren't going to add it why bring it up?

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    MEH

If they aren't going to add it why bring it up?
    Because as the video mentioned that while they didn't go through with it, the basis for Path of the Titans would later be iterated into stuff like Artifacts, Azerite Armor, Essences, and even the Covenant Conduit system.

The only difference is that none of that stuff was tied to Archaeology like Path of the Titans.

Abyssal Maw and Well of Eternity raids also never made it into the game. It would have been cool if all classic versions added all the scrapped content to make the older expansions still feel somewhat ''fresh''. WoD would actually feel like a full expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Abyssal Maw and Well of Eternity raids also never made it into the game. It would have been cool if all classic versions added all the scrapped content to make the older expansions still feel somewhat ''fresh''. WoD would actually feel like a full expansion.
    I don't think they can do that. The Classic team doesn't exactly have that kind of manpower at its back. Otherwise we would've definitely had that one scrapped troll raid from Wrath of the Lich King in Zul'Drak

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Abyssal Maw never made it far in development before being shelved. It was entirely placeholder models and with the Classic team being what it is, Blizzard won't expend the resources required to actually flesh it out.

You can see it for yourself in this old YouTube video from 2012. (Note: Contains music and parts of video are potato-ish quality.)

Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Hearing about the scrapped feature along with "is not likely to appear in Cataclysm Classic either" just reminds me how damn unfortunate it is Blizzard decided to take the laziest route possible with classic WoW instead of going down the OSRS path.

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    Abyssal Maw never made it far in development before being shelved. It was entirely placeholder models and with the Classic team being what it is, Blizzard won't expend the resources required to actually flesh it out.

You can see it for yourself in this old YouTube video from 2012. (Note: Contains music and parts of video are potato-ish quality.)
    Ngl, its amazing to me I've been following WoW since the beta and have never seen this video. Always nice to learn something you didn't know that you didn't know

On topic, its interesting people clamored for Path of the Titans being scrapped for years without realizing it was the first experiment with the dreaded "borrowed power". Personally I think its good it never made it in the game, it didn't look very fun to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Hearing about the scrapped feature along with "is not likely to appear in Cataclysm Classic either" just reminds me how damn unfortunate it is Blizzard decided to take the laziest route possible with classic WoW instead of going down the OSRS path.
    lmfao -- yeah, OSRS's polling system has been well received by players and it's not like Jagex straight up still does whatever the fuck they want anyway.

I can only imagine the absolutely monolithic levels of stupidity that would ensue if Blizzard tried it. We'd have factions of players for and against proposed changes accusing everybody else of mental retardation and hostility would be so high that the only certainty is that almost everybody who plays the game will be unhappy. It'll be like politics, except worse because it's a fucking video game. Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post

Hmmm Idk why but this map layout and vibe feels a lot like shrine of storms in bfa. Probably nonsense though, but it came to my mind the moment I saw this.