Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Thanks View Post
    Those were some good times.
    Im patiently waiting for the game "Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes" in April.
    It reminds me of BOFIV so much...
    I'll have to check that game out. But Yeah man BofIV storyline still hits me. It's one of those simple tales that has a much deeper meaning. Honestly I was kind of excited about Dragonflight and the Dracthyr because I was replaying it at the time of the announcement.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a crap mog set :O It is so bad that i would not be intersted in for free

Probably one of those items that were intended for the Trading Post and they said: "Oh...fuck it, lets put a price tag on it and sell it!". And the little FOMO fools fall for it and pays real money for it.
    I mean, is a company, they run based on earnings and making money is their top priority. The funny part is the zombies customers that give money for things like this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    why would I be commenting on a forum of a game I don't play? I do play the game, that's why I am pissed they're trying to sell us a leveling green looking set for the price of a whole ass videogame
    Then I eat my words, my apologies. Guess I've grown used to the constant critics on this forum not actually being players.

Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    But how can it be FOMO if it's garbage, FOMO means fear of missing out. If its garbage then nobody should have a 'fear' about 'missing out' right?

Also its not FOMO cuz it will be on the trading post later, so its doubly wrong lmao
    It's the marketing. "limited edition" "leaving soon" "for limited time only" etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    It's the marketing. "limited edition" "leaving soon" "for limited time only" etc etc
    Which has been a thing since marketing existed for hundreds of years now. FOMO literally cannot happen if something is garbage and you don't care about it, limited time (which it 99.9% isn't since trading post exists) event or not

People choosing to get triggered over words are the ones with issues.

Give me bfa anduin armor with lion helmet plz

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    Give me bfa anduin armor with lion helmet plz
    Yes please! Insanely cool set.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Then I eat my words, my apologies. Guess I've grown used to the constant critics on this forum not actually being players.
    It doesn't make crying about these mid transmogs on the store any less pointless, imo. Blizzard isn't going to stop selling this trash because players won't stop buying it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    It doesn't make crying about these mid transmogs on the store any less pointless, imo. Blizzard isn't going to stop selling this trash because players won't stop buying it.
    Which in all honesty is a shame. Blizzard really have nothing to lose with trying to sell these. Even if the pipe dream of "everyone voting with their wallet" came true, they can just take the set off the store and put it in the game as a reward for whatever. They'd have not really lost anything by trying to sell it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Which in all honesty is a shame. Blizzard really have nothing to lose with trying to sell these. Even if the pipe dream of "everyone voting with their wallet" came true, they can just take the set off the store and put it in the game as a reward for whatever. They'd have not really lost anything by trying to sell it first.
    While true that it's unlikely that anything will stop Blizzard from doing these sales, there is at least some circumstantial evidence to support the impact of voting with our wallets: They actually stopped selling Tenders bundles because of the negative backlash. Granted, I think these mid transmogs are a direct result of that but maybe, just maybe, if people stop buying this shit they'll get the message and start putting a little more effort into this stuff again.

While true that it's unlikely that anything will stop Blizzard from doing these sales, there is at least some circumstantial evidence to support the impact of voting with our wallets: They actually stopped selling Tenders bundles because of the negative backlash. Granted, I think these mid transmogs are a direct result of that but maybe, just maybe, if people stop buying this shit they'll get the message and start putting a little more effort into this stuff again.
    At best all this'd do is reduce the flow of sets being released as they'd reduce the team working on trading post right now. It's pretty clear they have some developers dedicatedly making sets for us to buy in-game / on the cash shop. At worst it'd encourage them to actually make flashier, eye-catching and visual vomit sets. In either scenario there is no winning, because they want this in the game. And people like me buy cosmetics (either waiting for the trading post or the cash shop).

So uh... Idk. I feel like that's a pipe-dream only reserved for people quitting entirely over the cash shop stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    So uh... Idk. I feel like that's a pipe-dream only reserved for people quitting entirely over the cash shop stuff.
    I don't think that's a demographic worth caring about despite how over-represented it seems to be in every thread where Blizzard announces their next cash shop item. My position is that while we can't stop the monolithic capitalist megacorporation from finding new, inventive ways to fuck us consumers... we can, at the very least, effect the positions they fuck us in. /shrug

I don't think that's a demographic worth caring about despite how over-represented it seems to be in every thread where Blizzard announces their next cash shop item. My position is that while we can't stop the monolithic capitalist megacorporation from finding new, inventive ways to fuck us consumers... we can, at the very least, effect the positions they fuck us in. /shrug
    No it never is, that demographic was looking for a reason to quit long before anything Blizzard can or will do to bring them back. And yeah, of course we should find better ways to get fucked (lmao) by megacorps. But I'm not gonna complain about getting bonus cosmetics for simply logging in or paying $20 here and there. This shit wouldn't exist in the first place if they never made either one - we weren't getting additional cosmetics (outside of collector's edition stuff) 2-3 expansions ago, let alone 4 or 5 expansions. I do understand the common sentiment that they could be withholding things that would otherwise be a reward for doing some kind of content: Which, counterpoint:

Imagine them selling Frostmourne lol, or iconic armor sets that NPC's wear. No way would we get that from the game itself, maybe something inspired by it. But I'm going on a tangent now - you get what I mean.

Honestly, who fucking cares. Some of you have spent more than $20 worth of your time bitching about this in a thread on a fansite for free. Why does it matter if some people spend $20 on a transmog you don't like? Don't give me bullshit about how some artist had to spend their time on it or whatever because it's not like we get any less sets to find in game than we used to, all of this is just additional - in fact, there are more endgame gear sets and models etc to farm now than there ever was before.

Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    People choosing to get triggered over words are the ones with issues.
    Like yourself? interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Like yourself? interesting.
    Pointing out something does not mean one is triggered. I hope this helped!

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    why would I be commenting on a forum of a game I don't play? I do play the game, that's why I am pissed they're trying to sell us a leveling green looking set for the price of a whole ass videogame
    Seems like a lot of the posters here do that very thing. You've never seen all the people who are like "thank god I quit back in ______!". It's almost impossible to miss as they never shutup about when they "quit" :P