10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringadelic View Post
    She also has the ability to build pretty much ANYTHING without giving a single f since her utility and base dmg is insane.
    suddenly.... Warmogs!

10+ Year Old Account
    She also has the ability to build pretty much ANYTHING without giving a single f since her utility and base dmg is insane.
    "She also has the ability to build pretty much ANYTHING" if you're Froggen and understand and know the champion 101% in and out. Her base ratios are good, but don't kid yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    "She also has the ability to build pretty much ANYTHING" if you're Froggen and understand and know the champion 101% in and out. Her base ratios are good, but don't kid yourself.
    While it is true Froggen is the best Anivia player in the world and amongst the best APs in the world, who knows Anivia in and out, it doesn't make some universal things about the champion true. She has crazy amount of utility, she has a second life and really, really good damage without any big items. Do you have to know the champion 100% and face n00bs when building like 6 hats? Most likely. However I said pretty much anything, which still applies atleast in terms of AP items.

While we're at it, Cassiopeia is the same, you can build her so many ways it's insane thanks to her utility and base damage. You could build Doranx2, Hat, Void, rylai, standard stuff. But you could also buy RoA, warmogs (Yes, warmogs), WotA, Spirit Visage and so on. You can even build her warmogs, wota, revolver, spirit visage, zhonya and not give a shit. I've seen people buy athenes, lich bane and all sorts of crazy stuff on her.

And to explain the logics behind for example warmogs Anivia. She's squishy, she has as I said crazy amounts of utility, really good base damage and a second life. Warmogs makes you harder to kill, egg'd or not.

Still haven't decided on a new champ since last time i was here...

Right now i'm having my thoughts between Anivia and Orianna. Both seem nice mid champs.

But which one to buy first? They just both have their special stuff...
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

10+ Year Old Account
    Either is great. Honestly couldn't tell you to grab one of the two. I like mobility, so Orianna wins for me, but they're both good choices.

Deleted
    Ori for mobility and general funzies, her kit with the ball makes her so unique. She's really strong in teamfights and mid-late, but quite weak early. She's excellent in AoE comps and with tanky divers such as Malphite, Amumu and Shyvana amongst others. The 'Orivana'-combo is really, really potent if you're duo-Qing since the ult combo alone can turn and/or win a teamfight.

Anivia is in general just one of the best APs but she's slow, squishy and require quite som experience to be of use. Strong laning phase, especially post lvl 6. Great in teamfights.

I'm biased towards Ori since I love mobility and main Shyvana.

Ive seen the 'Orivana' combo in a stream a couple of times. If you can pull that off, yeah, instant aoe heavy dmg.

I guess i'll go get Orianna first, and then work my way back to Anivia. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

15+ Year Old Account
    We've seen Orianna go from barely played at all to one of the most common AP mids.

Her utility is really strong...always a good pick.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    So I've been playing more and I am now summoner level 24 with some jungler runes (mostly armor runes, scaling MR and armor penetration reds). I now have 4800 IP and unless tomorrow's sale has one of the champs I want I'm doubting between picking up Maokai or Jarvan IV, or perhaps saving up for Skarner or Shyvana. I was leaning towards Maokai but I have no runes for him and when I played J4 during his free week I was impressed and solely played him during it. I have no experience with either Skarner or Shyvana but they seem solid jungle picks and that's what I'm looking for right now. Can any of you give me some advice as to what to do?
    Last edited by mmoccdd2d3f444; 2012-09-24 at 03:53 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Castozor View Post
    So I've been playing more and I am now summoner level 24 with some jungler runes (mostly armor runes, scaling MR and armor penetration reds). I now have 4800 IP and unless tomorrow's sale has one of the champs I want I'm doubting between picking up Maokai or Jarvan IV, or perhaps saving up for Skarner or Shyvana. I was leaning towards Maokai but I have no runes for him and when I played J4 during his free week I was impressed and solely played him during it. I have no experience with either Skarner or Shyvana but they seem solid jungle picks and that's what I'm looking for right now. Can any of you give me some advice as to what to do?
    You would still need Move Speed Quints, ATK Speed Marks.

Although, Maokai's ganks are really good. Also he is the only jungle I played that can start with Regrowth Pendant +1 Health Pot. Never played J4/skarner. Shyvana has godly clear speed and is a good counter jungler. A couple of other good jungle picks are Udyr (godly clear speed, good ganks, just avoid being kited), Nautilus (Very slow early clear, can have strong ganks and very tanky), Warwick (very safe jungler. really doesn't have good pre lvl 6 ganks), Diana (Godly clear speed. decent ganks pre-6, better after. Can be built tanky and still dominate) These are just to name a few.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Castozor View Post
    J4 - Solid pick, jack of all trades, master of none. Solid ganks, although a bit tricky. Transition is a bit iffy and reliant on farm/kills/assists.
    Skar - Solid pick, strong ganks pre-6, godlike ganks post-6, transitions into a beast tank destroying carries with his ult. Fast clear, sustained, able to counterjungle.
    Mao - Godlike ganker as early as level 2, or 3, depending on starting skill. He isn't AS blue reliant as Amumu or Nautilus for example, but getting the first one denied slows him down alot. Transitions into a beastly CC tank without any items but double gp10 and aegis. Really, really sturdy all game long and godly ganker. Ok clears, can't really counterjungle.
    Shyv - Weak ganks compared to someone like Skar & Mao. But they're ok if your lane has some CC and you bring Exhaust + Red buff. One of the fastest cleartime in the game. Excellent counterjungler, ridiculously strong early game damage, amazing jungle duelist. Shyv's focus should be in counterjungling and hunting down the enemy jungler and kill him asap, over and over, shutting their jungler down and make him/her pretty much useless. Transitions really good thanks to her natural bulkiness and the double resists with ult.

Regarding runes, read this: Let's Go Shopping (Building Up Your Jungle Line-Up)

I recommend picking up J4 since you enjoy him and as a jungler he'll pretty much teach you everything there is about the jungle role except for balls deep counterjungling.

Quoting Stonewall008: "Now for middle school I'd suggest Jarvan. As I've written some time ago, Jarvan practically teaches you everything there is about jungling. His greatest strengths take time and practice to fully realize their potential and his weaknesses are scattered and noticeable but can be handled with practice and knowledge. He is incredibly versatile, his transition is proper, his kit varied and he even has some unique things that he can do that are only available to him or a few others. His sheer versatility coupled with unique strengths and weaknesses make him someone that will teach you so much and then make other junglers easier to learn in comparison."
    Last edited by mmoc766d4eda5a; 2012-09-24 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Adding stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lovecraft View Post
    You would still need Move Speed Quints, ATK Speed Marks.

Although, Maokai's ganks are really good. Also he is the only jungle I played that can start with Regrowth Pendant +1 Health Pot. Never played J4/skarner. Shyvana has godly clear speed and is a good counter jungler. A couple of other good jungle picks are Udyr (godly clear speed, good ganks, just avoid being kited), Nautilus (Very slow early clear, can have strong ganks and very tanky), Warwick (very safe jungler. really doesn't have good pre lvl 6 ganks), Diana (Godly clear speed. decent ganks pre-6, better after. Can be built tanky and still dominate) These are just to name a few.
    Skarner, Nunu, and Cho can all start Regrowth as well. I used to run Hecarim that way on release so he can do it, but boots 3 is better on him.

You are lacking AS runes, which isn't that big of a deal but they really help some junglers like Maokai and Skarner. I would stay away from them till you build them up some more.

J4 and Shyv can both run ArmPen in the jungle. ArmPen isn't optimal for Shyv, but it works. For J4 however it is fantastic. Based on your current setup, I would recommend J4, but certainly pick up Shyv as soon as you can since she is not only a great jungler but a scary top lane.

Deleted
    Thanks for your help so far, I forgot to mention I already have 2 movement speed quints as well as one armor penetration quint, although because of my level I can only use 2 of those at a time. My reservations towards Maokai over J4 is because I lack the attack speed reds as well as AP quints which I think you need/are preferred for him. I already have WW but never used him ever since I got both Trundle and Hecarim which I prefer over him for speed and pre-6 ganks. Further junglers I have are the free Ali I never use and Nunu which I love. Udyr I tried during both his free weeks but for some reason I can't work with him, people seem to kite me even more than they do on Trundle and due to my own inexperience he is a real mana guzzler.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Skarner, Nunu, and Cho can all start Regrowth as well. I used to run Hecarim that way on release so he can do it, but boots 3 is better on him.
    However running regrowth assumes your lanes won't be in need for ganks, that they won't be ganked by the enemy jungler and you won't be counterjungled since your aim will be to farm for and boots asap. Good for early farm advantage, sux that your ganking and counterjungling pressure sinks like a rock.

Regarding ArP they might not be optimal for every jungler however 10 ArP (6 marks or 3 quints) makes you deal more damage to the jungle camps since it will allow you to shred their armor and deal close to true damage. Faster clears and a little more "oomph" when ganking. ArP is usable by every jungler however not the most optimal for everyone.

Regarding ArP @ Shyv not being optimal. There isn't any optimal rune set or masteries for Shyvana, most of the pros/high elo's actually have different setups. SaintVicious for example uses 10 ArP, 5.1% AS, 4.5% MS, 24MR@18. OddOne uses AS Reds, AD purples, MR@18. Diamondprox uses AD reds & purples, AS blues. Any mix of AS, AD, ArP, MS or even LS works wonders.

10+ Year Old Account
    However running regrowth assumes your lanes won't be in need for ganks, that they won't be ganked by the enemy jungler and you won't be counterjungled since your aim will be to farm for and boots asap. Good for early farm advantage, sux that your ganking and counterjungling pressure sinks like a rock.

Regarding ArP they might not be optimal for every jungler however 10 ArP (6 marks or 3 quints) makes you deal more damage to the jungle camps since it will allow you to shred their armor and deal close to true damage. Faster clears and a little more "oomph" when ganking. ArP is usable by every jungler however not the most optimal for everyone.

Regarding ArP @ Shyv not being optimal. There isn't any optimal rune set or masteries for Shyvana, most of the pros/high elo's actually have different setups. SaintVicious for example uses 10 ArP, 5.1% AS, 4.5% MS, 24MR@18. OddOne uses AS Reds, AD purples, MR@18. Diamondprox uses AD reds & purples, AS blues. Any mix of AS, AD, ArP, MS or even LS works wonders.
    I didn't know Saint actually used ARmPen on Shyv, I just knew they worked. Good to know though, I might try that one game.

Skarner I've always started Regrowth on. His W is such a good MS steroid that you don't really need boots for those first few ganks.

For Cho I run boots 3, but I have started boots + 1 ward + 1 pot and dropped it at dragon after taking blue.

Nunu I always run boots + 1 ward + 1 pot. Take blue without smite, run to enemy red, drop the ward inside red and pull red around with his snowball. Smite steal red and run. For the rest of the game all enemy buffs are my buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    While it is true Froggen is the best Anivia player in the world and amongst the best APs in the world, who knows Anivia in and out, it doesn't make some universal things about the champion true. She has crazy amount of utility, she has a second life and really, really good damage without any big items. Do you have to know the champion 100% and face n00bs when building like 6 hats? Most likely. However I said pretty much anything, which still applies atleast in terms of AP items.

While we're at it, Cassiopeia is the same, you can build her so many ways it's insane thanks to her utility and base damage. You could build Doranx2, Hat, Void, rylai, standard stuff. But you could also buy RoA, warmogs (Yes, warmogs), WotA, Spirit Visage and so on. You can even build her warmogs, wota, revolver, spirit visage, zhonya and not give a shit. I've seen people buy athenes, lich bane and all sorts of crazy stuff on her.

And to explain the logics behind for example warmogs Anivia. She's squishy, she has as I said crazy amounts of utility, really good base damage and a second life. Warmogs makes you harder to kill, egg'd or not.
    They have good base ratios and can provide an adequate amount of damage compared to the opposing AP whose building damage if you know them in and out. Just because a double hit on Q and E is a shit ton of base damage doesn't mean you can avoid building damage. If you fuck up once congrats, you're hard to kill and provide much much less damage than the other AP who was actually building damage for his role.

Unless you're very fucking good at those champions and can reliably hit everything, don't build stupid shit like Warmogs. There are standard and typical builds for a reason. Those are for 99% of the players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ooh. Volibear's on sale, I'm thinking about buying him, was fun when he was free. Is he worth it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    Ooh. Volibear's on sale, I'm thinking about buying him, was fun when he was free. Is he worth it?
    IMO - no, he isn't worth it. He is a mediocre top lane at best, and I could rifle off 7-8 different junglers I'd rather have on any team comp. You can use him as a surprise, unconventional support...but again, its mediocre at best.

However, if you enjoy playing him, just go for it. I have seen some really strong Voli players...he just isn't my cup of tea.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    It's not that he is bad, it's just everyone does what he does only better. If you enjoy playing him them go for it. I don't see many Voli's so that is probably the same for most people and you will win a bunch of games from lack of experience playing against him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    I didn't know Saint actually used ARmPen on Shyv, I just knew they worked. Good to know though, I might try that one game.
    Page 9

The more you know I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    ...There are standard and typical builds for a reason. Those are for 99% of the players.
    I cba to argue about this topic anymore since you're refusing to see my point. It didn't say you should do it, I said it was possible (without being deadweight). I do however agree with you, it's not the smartest choice if you wanna follow the meta and are new to the champ. Let's just leave it there.