Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antueater View Post
    Lets start a petition.

Buy runes for RP.
    no
    /10chars

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    I recently loaded up LoL for a few friends and it's quite enjoyable to play here and there, nothing too serious mind you!

Just wondering what sort of Champion would you guys suggest to buy for a new guy, prefer melee if anything. Had a bash on Master Yi and Tryndamere(sp?) and I would say I enjoy their playstyles so which of any of the champions would you suggest to buy? Money isn't an issue so you can list more than one.
    So Carebear, it's ... you?!

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    So Carebear, it's ... you?!
    Yah. Hai Led, long time no speak! :3

Deleted
    Yah. Hai Led, long time no speak! :3
    Good to see your UI is still pretty much DA BOMB.

Anyway for meelee chars I'd go with Riven, or Talon, or Blitz, or Warwick (lane) or Gangplank, or Irelia, or YORICK, or even Jarvan.

Generally, if it hits hard and doesn't die ... it's good.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Good to see your UI is still pretty much DA BOMB.

Anyway for meelee chars I'd go with Riven, or Talon, or Blitz, or Warwick (lane) or Gangplank, or Irelia, or YORICK, or even Jarvan.

Generally, if it hits hard and doesn't die ... it's good.
    Aye it's still going, just finished with wow though so the UI will probably die!
    Cheers for the tips. I will do a little investigating of the champions you listed and maybe buy a couple to mess around with. I'm not very good though aha. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    So right now I'm stuck between buying Shaco or Pantheon, what is everyones opinion on each?

Deleted
    Hey guys, been playing for a month or so and recently got to lvl 30.
    I really hate to spend any money/points etc. ingame and right now i have about 9000 IP.
    I am not that sure yet as to what kind of hero i will play(Mage/Carry/Jungler/Support/Bruiser etc.) and therefor i'm kind of unknowing what to buy.
    I have two runepages, not yet complete. One with Armor/Mres/ArmPenetration and one with Mpen/Armor/AP and AP quints.

The heroes i've "checked out" are for now:

Lux
    Swain
    Udyr
    Trundle
    Pantheon
    Renekton
    Talon
    Shaco
    LeBlanc
    Kennen
    Karthus
    Akali
    Brand

Are there any of these you would suggest i would not buy/play?
    Would really appreciate some suggestions and/or help
    Thanks!

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh lawd what a silly git. Just bought Warwick and he's on the free to use list for this week. Doh!

10+ Year Old Account
    @Supraah: do NOT use champion spotlights to know who is good
    In every stupid champion spotlights Phreak enemies are complete stupid morons who knows nothing about serious gaming, from AD Janna to FoN Ryze to run to tower Wukong, not to mention in his Singed spot light he said he doesn't take full AP runes, yet he started with 30+ AP, which is IMPOSSIBLE without AP runes
    I watch them for bored and how "amazing stupid" are his enemies, I don't say Phreak is bad player, I say that his videos are terrible
    I'd watch Ciderhelm "don't feed champions" series much better
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starsurge View Post
    So right now I'm stuck between buying Shaco or Pantheon, what is everyones opinion on each?
    Depends...as a Shaco you'll be asked to jungle. If that isn't your cup of tea, don't bother.

Pantheon is an incredibly strong solo mid/top. I'd decide based on whether you want to jungle or lane.

---------- Post added 2011-11-09 at 03:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kessos View Post
    Hey guys, been playing for a month or so and recently got to lvl 30.
    I really hate to spend any money/points etc. ingame and right now i have about 9000 IP.
    I am not that sure yet as to what kind of hero i will play(Mage/Carry/Jungler/Support/Bruiser etc.) and therefor i'm kind of unknowing what to buy.
    I have two runepages, not yet complete. One with Armor/Mres/ArmPenetration and one with Mpen/Armor/AP and AP quints.

The heroes i've "checked out" are for now:

Lux
    Swain
    Udyr
    Trundle
    Pantheon
    Renekton
    Talon
    Shaco
    LeBlanc
    Kennen
    Karthus
    Akali
    Brand

Are there any of these you would suggest i would not buy/play?
    Would really appreciate some suggestions and/or help
    Thanks!
    Those are all mostly top-tier champs. I think you need to decide what style of champ you want to "main." (AD carry, tank, AP carry, jungler, support, etc). Then choose 2-3 champs that fit that style and go from there so you can always have a pick after bans.

I've found that armor yellows and magic resist per level blues can fit almost any champion and that's a great way to start. Your reds and quints will vary more.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'll buy Pantheon, while I love jungling, and Shaco seems like a fun character, There's rarely a time where I don't have to jungle, so I think I'm entitled to some lane time, lol

Deleted
    Oh lawd what a silly git. Just bought Warwick and he's on the free to use list for this week. Doh!
    No worries, he's a solid champ especially in solo top. Good champ to learn the game a bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    @Supraah: do NOT use champion spotlights to know who is good
    In every stupid champion spotlights Phreak enemies are complete stupid morons who knows nothing about serious gaming, from AD Janna to FoN Ryze to run to tower Wukong, not to mention in his Singed spot light he said he doesn't take full AP runes, yet he started with 30+ AP, which is IMPOSSIBLE without AP runes
    I watch them for bored and how "amazing stupid" are his enemies, I don't say Phreak is bad player, I say that his videos are terrible
    I'd watch Ciderhelm "don't feed champions" series much better
    Cheers for the heads up, but i only really watch them for what champs look and play like along with spells effects and gameplay ect, But thanks again.

The big question this weekend: Leblanc or wukong, since they are both going on sale i'm going to buy one, which one should I get?

(Not including mundo since he's like 1350 IP, i consider it stupid to spend cash on him.)

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trispec View Post
    The big question this weekend: Leblanc or wukong, since they are both going on sale i'm going to buy one, which one should I get?

(Not including mundo since he's like 1350 IP, i consider it stupid to spend cash on him.)
    If you're focusing on SR - I'd say Leblanc. She has amazing harass for mid early game...its disgusting.

And yea, mundo is useless now. I miss the days when he was godly before 3/5 of your team ran with ignite.

10+ Year Old Account
    With cleanse buff he may be back soon to his old days
    Don't buy LeBlanc she is also 3150IP (not that big), I'd say buy monkey since he will stay 6300 for quite long
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    Which melee AD are the most viable for ranked games?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gangplank, but he gets ban a lot
    Lee Sin, ban ride too
    Olaf is annoying, stick to target and kill it at any cost

I think good melee ADs are either tank or junglers
    Thrall

Deleted
    Leona or Riven?

10+ Year Old Account
    want a tank (full runes Leona early lvls are shieldwall) or a tanky dps (riven is more dps than tanky, her shield while amazing scale stays for too short time)
    Thrall