10+ Year Old Account
    Malzahar... to buy or not to buy? I like his abilities, but I don't see him picked very much. He doesn't seem to have much of a presence in competitive play either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    Malzahar... to buy or not to buy? I like his abilities, but I don't see him picked very much. He doesn't seem to have much of a presence in competitive play either.
    His ult is the most problematic part of his kit, as it leaves you vulnerable as you channel it, and you can't do other things at the same time with it. He also doesn't have much in the escape/mobility category.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Okay so, I'm debating on getting either Thresh or Leona(one of each for the time being, I plan on getting both) for quite a while now.

MonadoZelgius told me to get Thresh, but I don't know how to play him, at all, instead of Leona. I prefer Leona and I'd rather buy her but my problem here is that I don't know if my adc would be able to keep up or make the necessary plays that s/he needs to do when playing with a Leona, as in, being aggressive or knowing when to go in, etc.

And I don't know if picking her, atm, is better for Silver 1(I need one more win to go to Gold 5) because people might be too defensive or don't know when to follow up.

So, Thresh or Leona? Any other suggestions for a support champion like them is appreciated, except Alistar, I don't like him. xd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Okay so, I'm debating on getting either Thresh or Leona(one of each for the time being, I plan on getting both) for quite a while now.

MonadoZelgius told me to get Thresh, but I don't know how to play him, at all, instead of Leona. I prefer Leona and I'd rather buy her but my problem here is that I don't know if my adc would be able to keep up or make the necessary plays that s/he needs to do when playing with a Leona, as in, being aggressive or knowing when to go in, etc.

And I don't know if picking her, atm, is better for Silver 1(I need one more win to go to Gold 5) because people might be too defensive or don't know when to follow up.

So, Thresh or Leona? Any other suggestions for a support champion like them is appreciated, except Alistar, I don't like him. xd
    Thresh is a blast to play, and if you don't know him there's only one way to find out! He gets played very consistently when he isn't banned, so there's a lot of informative resources to draw from. Besides the obvious presence of a hook, his lantern is incredible if you instruct your team to use it. he is very tanky (leona is as well obviously). his aa range is enormous, and his poke is very threatening with the passive from his E (do more dmg with auto attack after not aa for a short time). the amount of skills you can interrupt with a flay is awesome.

Thresh suffers from the same thing as leona in that your team or lane partner may not capitalize when you set them up, but that's a risk you run with most supports imo.

Go with what you feel more comfortable playing. Both are good support champs. I have Thresh, though. I love him. His utility is insane, and can really turn the tide of a battle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer having a Thresh alongside me. Leona only has one mode: balls deep and hard engage. It's very hard to turn around a losing lane with her.

Thresh has way more nuances, lantern ganks (or the threat of them), can peel and engage. Even has some minor 'sustain' in the form of his shield.

He is a fair bit harder to play than Leona though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edlike View Post
    Thresh suffers from the same thing as leona in that your team or lane partner may not capitalize when you set them up, but that's a risk you run with most supports imo.
    Indeed but it's something more exclusive to supports like Alistar and Leona, hence my fear to get the latter first.

I guess I'll just get more IP and buy Thresh. Thanks all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    It's very hard to turn around a losing lane with her.
    This is pretty much the most important arguement, it's hard to turn a losing lane around as Leona since you need to get an advantage with her and make them suffer every time they return back to the lane.

Should I buy Zilean or save for Anivia. I like to play Zilean support a lot, but I really like AP damage champs (Annie and Veigar are the two I play mainly).

Buy Anivia. She's a pretty solid champion.

I wouldn't bother with Zilean, he's... not very good at the moment.

Deleted
    So I played Kha'zix on a whim today and well... he's very, very fun. End game he hits like a truck, early game he's incredibly annoying plus his evolved leap is just incredible. And on top of this his passive can be proc'd at will just by hopping into a bush then out again.

Is he actually this good and worth buying or was I just snowballing that game?

Indeed but it's something more exclusive to supports like Alistar and Leona, hence my fear to get the latter first.

I guess I'll just get more IP and buy Thresh. Thanks all.
    A bit late; but personally I prefer Leona. It's hilarious when people try to nuke me because "support=squishy" usually, but Leona can be built to be a CCing, tanky maniac who's near unkillable. Meaning the enemy team wastes their burst and my team can swoop in and round them all up while I'm still sitting at half health with a WTFBBQ barrier around me still. But yeah, she does really very much on people willing to go all in. Which is a pain in lower skill matches as ADC's usually play overly safe or don't bother following up at all.
    Last edited by mmoc21a935316c; 2013-07-24 at 02:51 PM.

So I played Kha'zix on a whim today and well... he's very, very fun. End game he hits like a truck, early game he's incredibly annoying plus his evolved leap is just incredible. And on top of this his passive can be proc'd at will just by hopping into a bush then out again.

Is he actually this good and worth buying or was I just snowballing that game?
    He is that good. You won't regret it if you buy him

I would go with Leona, she's never banned unlike Thresh and is pretty much all around strong right now.

Crazy initiation, stuns and tankiness on a support? Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by StNimrod View Post
    I would go with Leona, she's never banned unlike Thresh and is pretty much all around strong right now.

Crazy initiation, stuns and tankiness on a support? Yes please.
    Unless you're playing against me, as I always make sure I ban her when I'm first pick and I want to play something like Draven.

So yeah, I'd say she is indeed pretty good. But between Thresh and Leona, I'd say it comes down to personal preference, as both do a good job.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd go w/ Leona as well. Thresh is almost always banned.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Leona is very strong and reliable but takes practice to master.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do Leona and Diana trash-talk each other ever? I don't own Leona but Diana is one of my favourite heroes - but I don't remember seeing any flavour text for her.

Also speaking of which, why doesn't Evelynn get flavour text on Twisted Treeline? She's like the original Shadow Isles representative
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Also speaking of which, why doesn't Evelynn get flavour text on Twisted Treeline? She's like the original Shadow Isles representative
    They did not want to give away upcoming lore - it would be added at a later point. (Read: it will now confirm that Evelynn is Lucian's lost love.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    They did not want to give away upcoming lore - it would be added at a later point. (Read: it will now confirm that Evelynn is Lucian's lost love.)
    O.O

My mind is blown. Evelynn is my girl <3 <3 <3 <3

I'll have to buy Lucian now, don't have time to farm up enough IP for him before launch.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, so far it's merely conjecture. Seems the most logical option though.