Deleted
    Greetings, I'm pretty new to league and I'd like to get some advice for a new champ. My main focus is killing other champs as quick as possible, with a good gapcloser or speed so they can't run away. I only play normal blind pick.

Already tried fizz but didn't like him. Master Yi is okay, so is xin zhao, lee sin was pretty lackluster. ATM having the most fun and success with jax. Was thinking bout akali?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    Greetings, I'm pretty new to league and I'd like to get some advice for a new champ. My main focus is killing other champs as quick as possible, with a good gapcloser or speed so they can't run away. I only play normal blind pick.

Already tried fizz but didn't like him. Master Yi is okay, so is xin zhao, lee sin was pretty lackluster. ATM having the most fun and success with jax. Was thinking bout akali?
    akali is totally what you are looking for,yes. before lvl6 its kinda bad for her,especially on mid because most mids are ranged and you dont have your gapcloser yet. but after that its totally easy to get fed and once akali is fed,she really bursts down people in seconds. gl hf with her,its really fun

Kha'zix would be a better pick than Akali, in my opinion. Akali is incredibly vulnerable early and she is very kill dependent to get rolling.

I'm also very fond of Talon.
    Answer no master, never the slave
    Carry your dreams down into the grave

Deleted
    yes but my problem is that khazix is 6300 :s while akali is twice as cheap.

yes but my problem is that khazix is 6300 :s while akali is twice as cheap.
    Better to save for a champion that is going to be more reliable on a more consistent basis. Akali is a very high risk, low reward champion. Even if you get fed, it's so hilariously easy to shut down an Akali that a semi-competent team will be able to totally negate you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaseLocked View Post
    Better to save for a champion that is going to be more reliable on a more consistent basis. Akali is a very high risk, low reward champion. Even if you get fed, it's so hilariously easy to shut down an Akali that a semi-competent team will be able to totally negate you.
    She currently has a 100% win rate in the LCS.

(even if it's only a single game... additionally, iirc, she was played in the coke zero challenger series as well and won there too.)
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2014-01-26 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    She currently has a 100% win rate in the LCS.

(even if it's only a single game... additionally, iirc, she was played in the coke zero challenger series as well and won there too.)
    I would definitely not quote such a small sample size to gauge a champion's viability. I can't remember the last time I saw an Akali in a ranked or a normal game, and there's a reason for that. There are so much better choices where assassins are concerned.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know, just couldn't resist

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you mean high risk high reward. Yes she is a risky champion but she snowballs out of control soo soo fast. Kha'zix is probably a better pick right now since he's a bit overtuned, but akali is by no means a bad champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    I think you mean high risk high reward. Yes she is a risky champion but she snowballs out of control soo soo fast. Kha'zix is probably a better pick right now since he's a bit overtuned, but akali is by no means a bad champion.
    No, I don't consider Akali to be high reward. Unless the enemy team is braindead you will be cc'd and blown up instantly every fight if you are snowballing, and if you do manage to survive long enough to drop your shroud, a smart team will just drop a pink on you and you're dead.

Akali isn't a bad champion. You can make it work. I used to play the shit out of her back when she needed her own rune page. She's just hardly viable right now, and you'd be silly to pick her over the infinitely more viable assassins.

Deleted
    I was thinking about picking up Vi since she's everywhere now, but I wonder are there any planned nerfs coming her way? So it wouldn't be waste buying her now.
    Also LeBlanc seems like fun champ, but I don't if she's hard to master or at least play at decent level + I herd her AA's aren't that strong so farming might be harder, so is she's worth a pick up or not really.

No, I don't consider Akali to be high reward. Unless the enemy team is braindead you will be cc'd and blown up instantly every fight if you are snowballing, and if you do manage to survive long enough to drop your shroud, a smart team will just drop a pink on you and you're dead.

Akali isn't a bad champion. You can make it work. I used to play the shit out of her back when she needed her own rune page. She's just hardly viable right now, and you'd be silly to pick her over the infinitely more viable assassins.
    uhm, thats any champion? any assassin can be chain cc'd. Bjergsen has been spamming akali in diamond ranked and rolling teams solo. And i dont think any of us are playing people at the level he is (other pro's and challenger players)

Deleted
    Champs change from one patch to another, so as strong as Kha'Zix is right now, they might just nerf him next patch into unplayable like they have done in the past i.e. Olaf. Saving up for a 6300 champ that has a high pick/ban rate who is in line for nerf is not great advice.

Every champ can be CC'd, so that argument isn't very useful and how many people do you see running around with any ward never mind a pink one to drop on Akali in blind pick. She is still able to 100-0 champs like any assassin and nerfplz still have her in the tier one of mid champs. Plus she is a hell of a lot easier to play than Kha'Zix. So ya, I would highly recommend Akali over Kha'Zix to a new player.

15+ Year Old Account
    Akali is very good at 1v1'ing, she's unescapable and if they turn and fight she's quite competent in 1v1 (due to spell vamp and her smoke bomb). She can feel squishy, I agree - and her burst cycle takes longer to pull off than most Assassins (giving enemies more time to react and more time to run to help) - but she does seem to scale poorly - even snowballing - compared to other assassins.

She's designed well enough, but she could use a mid-to-late game damage buff IMO - that would not only help her in a pure assassin build, but it would also let her build more tanky items to counteract her usual vulnerability.

Oh, and - one of the biggest determinants of a good assassin IMO is their ability to disengage when a gank stops going in their favour - Kassadin and LeBlanc teleport over walls, Shaco goes invisible and teleports, Evelynn sprints off into the shadows - Akali can smoke bomb, but she can't really exfil as well as the other assassins.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDok View Post
    I was thinking about picking up Vi since she's everywhere now, but I wonder are there any planned nerfs coming her way? So it wouldn't be waste buying her now.
    Also LeBlanc seems like fun champ, but I don't if she's hard to master or at least play at decent level + I herd her AA's aren't that strong so farming might be harder, so is she's worth a pick up or not really.
    Unless i remember completely wrong or they already changed it more, i think they're increasing the cooldown on Vi's ultimate. Think it was like extra 10 seconds. Tbh i dont think nerfs are going to make her completely worthless, since she has amazing ganks even pre 6, and she combo's extremely well with yasuo.

I have no clue about LB, but dont ppl max her W nowdays first, since most midlaners can outpush you.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDok View Post
    The cooldown on Vi's ultimate is being increased for the first two ranks. I can't see it effecting her to the point that she won't still be a fantastic pick. Not to mention she's fun as hell to play.

LeBlanc is the epitome of lane bully. If you can beat your lane, you can flow decently into the mid + late game with that gold advantage and delete people with one combo. If you fall behind though, expect to become a large liability to your team.

Deleted
    heya

So I currently play Soraka sup and Yi jung as my main chars. However I would really like to expand into playing mid and top. I tried Yi as mid and it works to a certain degree but not the best.

So ye what would be a good pick for someone like myself for mid and then another for top. I don't mind complicated ones. Perhaps a ranged for mid?(I could be wrong) and a nice tank for top?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mackeral View Post
    heya

So I currently play Soraka sup and Yi jung as my main chars. However I would really like to expand into playing mid and top. I tried Yi as mid and it works to a certain degree but not the best.

So ye what would be a good pick for someone like myself for mid and then another for top. I don't mind complicated ones. Perhaps a ranged for mid?(I could be wrong) and a nice tank for top?
    This isn't much information to go on :P I assume since you're only playing those two champs you're probably still leveling? If you would like a better sustainy support, I would recommend trying Taric. He's cheap to get, and much more useful than Soraka. Sona is also fairy easy to play at a decent level and will always be very good due to her ultimate, but doesn't see much play due to the current bot lane meta. You could try Nami as well, who's a good support, albeit still expensive since she's fairly new. She is currently on free week.

Ranged for mid, ehm... not much to go on here :P Most of the mages are mid, so you should probably just have a look at each as they're on free week rotation. Anivia, Karthus and Orianna are all free this week.

As for a tanky top, you can go wild here, but the current meta favours Mundo, Shyvanna, Olaf and Renekton heavily. They're all super-tanks, or raidbosses if you will, that become insanely tanky while still dishing out enough damage to be insanely difficult to deal with in team fights. They're all fairly easy to play as well. Of those, Mundo and Olaf are pretty cheap.

Deleted
    thanks for reply, wish I could give more info but not sure myself what I would like best as I have never really played much there in top/mid

Deleted
    Everyone needs viktor because viktor is a qt