Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    I guess vayne.
    Vayne, ok
    I saw someone saying Kog'Maw and Malzahar

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf01 View Post
    Vayne, ok
    I saw someone saying Kog'Maw and Malzahar
    Basically anyone who can do a percentage of health in damage, like Vayne's Silver Bolts, Kog'maw's Bio-whatever Barrage, and I think Malzahar does something too.

Quote Originally Posted by Derention View Post
    Which 1350 IP?
    Warwick
    Twisted Fate
    Ask yourself: Do you prefer to run up to people and smack them, or do high damage from afar?

If you like smacking, it's Warwick. If you like to fling cards from a distance, pick Twisted Fate.

Got 1350 IP again and I'm wanting to buy some solid picks for jungle.

There's currently 3 champions who I'm thinking of which are Amumu, Malphite and maybe Cho'gath.
    I am just not sure how viable these are, Malphite has a great initiation for teamfights, but so does Amumu, while Cho'gath has a ton of cc.
    Which would you guys recommend? I currently jungle with Skarner and Udyr very often and sometimes with Mundo, tho I feel Mundo doesn't rlly fit my jungle style. Maybe that helps anything

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly? None of those. Though if I had to pick, I'd go for Malphite first and Amumu second. Amumu can be strong if supported by the right team setup, but needs a lot of babysitting on his blue. Malphite is slightly unusual, but a decently good choice. I think none of them compare to Skarner or Udyr though. I'd probably save up for Trundle, Lee Sin, Shyvana or Nocturne.

--

BTW - anyone try Renekton jungle? Found a guide on him and he looks fun. And fills that 'dash' ability champ spot I was looking for.

10+ Year Old Account
    @ Xorious
    Like Duill said, Amumu needs blue early on. Even though, I'd disagree and say he's a solid choice. Bandage toss ganks are still amazing, ulti is still game-changing, and he still puts out a respectable amount of damage.

Malphite is a counter pick jungle. He absolutely destroys AD teams, his AOE slow is ridiculous. He also fills the same role top, he can shut down quite a few AD/Bruisers. Wukong/Irelia jump on you? Ground pound and laugh as their damage disappears.

Cho'Gath's greatest strength is he is flexible as hell. Can go nearly any route. Not much of a fan though of him in the jungle, missing rupture's suck.

If you already have someone like Lee or Udyr, feel free to grab any one of those. If not, I would also suggest saving up. Still, it isn't a bad choice to pick one of them. Amumu would be my choice out of those 3.

@ Duill
    Meh. He's too strong to waste top really. He can jungle most likely, sustain/aoe damage with Q fits that bill. His dash is pretty short ranged though, but his ganks would be decent. He'd do fine in the jungle, but his laning is too good that putting him anywhere else would be criminal in my eyes.

Think I'll grab Amumu then, I'm not saving up for 6300 ip champs because I got RP to buy those but I wanna wait for free week or sale before I get shyv/lee/maokai/nocturne, so I can atleast try them out or have them for a nice price

15+ Year Old Account
    So I finally bought Shyvanna and tried running top with her...trying to copy the tactics of Moscow 5 and other high level teams/players that utilize her counter jungling ability while still dominating lane.

I must say...I'm not impressed after 2 games. I went up against an AD Sion and a Nasus - both of which tore me apart. I don't see how they are able to pull off pushing to lane, counter jungling the enemy's wolves/blue or golems/red, and then getting back to prevent their opponent from free-farming.

I went w/ the following build:

Cloth + 5
    Boots
    Wriggles
    Phage
    Wit's End
    Finish Frozen Mallet

At this point in both games...I just felt like I couldn't do much of anything but soak a little damage. What am I missing here? Don't give me the typical "you're not a pro, don't expect to pull it off nonsense." I'm a competent player that's trying to pick up and master the very small details and strategies.

I suppose I'll just play more games.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    It probably works better against people that can't clear waves very fast, dunno never tried it and can't really remember what happened top lane in the M5 game. Practice is probably a huge part of it though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qauren View Post
    It probably works better against people that can't clear waves very fast, dunno never tried it and can't really remember what happened top lane in the M5 game. Practice is probably a huge part of it though.
    I think it was against Rainman on Irelia.

Like you said...I probably just need more practice...but it didn't even seem possible.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    So I finally bought Shyvanna and tried running top with her...trying to copy the tactics of Moscow 5 and other high level teams/players that utilize her counter jungling ability while still dominating lane.

I must say...I'm not impressed after 2 games. I went up against an AD Sion and a Nasus - both of which tore me apart. I don't see how they are able to pull off pushing to lane, counter jungling the enemy's wolves/blue or golems/red, and then getting back to prevent their opponent from free-farming.

I went w/ the following build:

Cloth + 5
    Boots
    Wriggles
    Phage
    Wit's End
    Finish Frozen Mallet

At this point in both games...I just felt like I couldn't do much of anything but soak a little damage. What am I missing here? Don't give me the typical "you're not a pro, don't expect to pull it off nonsense." I'm a competent player that's trying to pick up and master the very small details and strategies.

I suppose I'll just play more games.
    "you're not a pro"

That's just it though. You may be competent, but that skill gap is still incredibly large. Trying to copy pro strats (especially ones that require teamwork) at lower levels of play is pointless half the time.

1) Darien is a better player than you.
    2) It's a strategy that requires the team. Along with you counter jungling when possible, Jungle & Mid also need to be invading and pressuring. You could have most likely created the same amount of pressure top just by staying and fighting, forcing Jungle to camp top (Nasus and Sion are both weak early game. With burnout/15% ArP, and Twin Bite, you should easily be able to win exchanges/push the lane if you had enough regen).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    "you're not a pro"

That's just it though. You may be competent, but that skill gap is still incredibly large. Trying to copy pro strats (especially ones that require teamwork) at lower levels of play is pointless half the time.

1) Darien is a better player than you.
    2) It's a strategy that requires the team. Along with you counter jungling when possible, Jungle & Mid also need to be invading and pressuring. You could have most likely created the same amount of pressure top just by staying and fighting, forcing Jungle to camp top (Nasus and Sion are both weak early game. With burnout/15% ArP, and Twin Bite, you should easily be able to win exchanges/push the lane if you had enough regen).
    Fair, the burnout / twin bite combo early is so devastating...I did notice that. I suppose I should just start Doran's shield and force their jungler to camp up in my lane...and leave the counter jungling until I've established complete lane dominance.

He may be better, but isn't there some value to trying to emulate the play of professionals?

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf01 View Post
    I'm a bit bored of tanks, I mean, whenever I play 3v3 out team is against a 3 tank team ._.
    Is there any anti-tank champion?
    Malzahar, Kog'maw, and Vayne are all good ones with just base abilities. Teemo built right will completely shred a tank's health as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fair, the burnout / twin bite combo early is so devastating...I did notice that. I suppose I should just start Doran's shield and force their jungler to camp up in my lane...and leave the counter jungling until I've established complete lane dominance.

He may be better, but isn't there some value to trying to emulate the play of professionals?
    Emulating their mechanics, map awareness, and hero knowledge? Definitely. Trying to copy strategy's? I don't agree. They're able to pull off these strategies, much of the time, because they are fundamentally better players and they have a team/more skilled players around them to execute it with.

Boots/Pot or Cloth/Pot. I never grab a Doran's Shield, it's so lackluster compared to other Doran's items IMO. The boots would help with chasing/invading/etc. The cloth would build into a Wriggles, which in conjunction with Twin Bite, is one of the 2 main reason's why she is such a good invader/creep killer.

Deleted

Maybe, but Darien can probablly depend on his team a lot more then you can in solo queue.

Counterjungling can actually be very risky if your team is not co-ordenated properly.

Also, this specific tactic relies on you getting maximum CS out of your lane, since you are not a pro you probablly can´t last hit efficently enough for it even to be worth it leaving lane, this strategy gives you an advantage because you get CS out of lane+ jungle, while their top laner only gets CS out of lane. I have no idea about your level but I doubt both you and your enemy have the optimal CS count anyways.

I still think counterjungling as solo top can work really well. When I play Shyvana jungle I always keep the buff timers and make sure I am close enough to contest the buffs, the better solo top players usually come to assist me (if they are doing well in lane) which gives them a free buff to dominate their lane even more. Not so sure if it´s worth it when it comes to wolves/golems though.

Need your opinion guys, is Olaf better as a jungler or solo top?

10+ Year Old Account
    Solo top, but that doesn't mean his jungle isn't any good. He can do both very well, but I feel he does better on top.

ranged other than graves and veigar plz and maybe a short little "what do they do " to plz. im newish (Started a year ago, played occasionally a few weeks then stopped till teh awesomeness of hecarim((not that i have him yet)) got me to play again). thanks
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

Quote Originally Posted by ambigiouslynamed View Post
    ranged other than graves and veigar plz and maybe a short little "what do they do " to plz. im newish (Started a year ago, played occasionally a few weeks then stopped till teh awesomeness of hecarim((not that i have him yet)) got me to play again). thanks

I really like Vladimir. Beefy mage without mana and high sustain, just no burst. If you want an AD, you can get Tristana for free for just liking LoL on Facebook.

Two I personally like are Orianna (high micromanagement mage) and Urgot (ranged bruiser, dominates laning phase.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Heyhey! not been playing long, hit level 21 today, been playing as Fiora pretty much since she was released (I'm a fencer too, so I was drawn to her )

but I'm starting to have some trouble, mostly because as great as she is late game, her early game is GODAWFUL, and she has ZERO CC of any kind...

So I had a bit of a look around, for champs similar to Fiora, but a little more... sturdy... And my eyes settled on Riven, but before I got her I figured I'd ask.. Would you recommend Riven for a Fiora player looking for a similar champ, whose a little more tanky, and if not who WOULD you recommend?

Also... I'm building up my Rune pages, wondering what to use for Quints, torn between ArP and Lifesteal, which would you recommend for a Fiora/possible Riven? Considering Greater Marks of Desolation, Would 6% lifesteal be better than 10 ArP?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Heyhey! not been playing long, hit level 21 today, been playing as Fiora pretty much since she was released (I'm a fencer too, so I was drawn to her )

but I'm starting to have some trouble, mostly because as great as she is late game, her early game is GODAWFUL, and she has ZERO CC of any kind...

So I had a bit of a look around, for champs similar to Fiora, but a little more... sturdy... And my eyes settled on Riven, but before I got her I figured I'd ask.. Would you recommend Riven for a Fiora player looking for a similar champ, whose a little more tanky, and if not who WOULD you recommend?

Also... I'm building up my Rune pages, wondering what to use for Quints, torn between ArP and Lifesteal, which would you recommend for a Fiora/possible Riven? Considering Greater Marks of Desolation, Would 6% lifesteal be better than 10 ArP?
    Which blade? I used to do Sabre competitively back in Middle/High School, was drawn to her for the same reason as you.

Anyway, Riven is similar. Both are melee fighters. Riven is like Fiora, but thanks to her 100% AD scaling shield, she is much sturdier. Both do plenty of damage and love to get into the thick of things. The main difference is that Fiora is balls deep 100% commitment while Riven, with her great mobility, can back away/trade/etc...

Lifesteal quints aren't worth it for a solo top IMO. I run 2x move speed 1x health quints on my solo tops. Movespeed is amazing, something small that most players tend to overlook, and the 26 health isn't too shabby (Mainly just experimenting with replacing the 26 health). You already get 3% lifesteal from masteries and some additional from Doran's Blades that you pick up. That along w/pots/wriggles is more than enough.