10+ Year Old Account
    So I play a lot of Leona and Shen... I've been watching a bunch of the ranked games and Nautalius looks fairly interesting. Anyone care to give a review of how well he feels in game? Can you lane with him? I'm honestly not a fan of the jungle.

In other news.... Leona is my only real support toon, I will never play Taric, but I kinda like Galio, is he worth trying as support? These days I only see him building as AP (or as an AP counter)

Oh, and how is Graves? I'm in love with his Mafia skin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Vayne:
    + Insane late game. One of the real hypercarries. Fairly mobile. Tank shredder, anything shredder.
    - Prime target. Shit early game compared to most other ADs. Low range compared to other ADs

Ahri:
    + High mobility, true damage, nice damage all round, charm
    - High mobility is on cooldown and tied to your ulti. True damage and Charm are skill shots. While she has nice damage, she has lower burst than a number of other APs and is more poke oriented.
    So, which one you suggest?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyphran View Post
    So I play a lot of Leona and Shen... I've been watching a bunch of the ranked games and Nautalius looks fairly interesting. Anyone care to give a review of how well he feels in game? Can you lane with him? I'm honestly not a fan of the jungle.

In other news.... Leona is my only real support toon, I will never play Taric, but I kinda like Galio, is he worth trying as support? These days I only see him building as AP (or as an AP counter)

Oh, and how is Graves? I'm in love with his Mafia skin.
    Nautilus may be able to solo top. Not sure how he'd do in a kill lane duo though.

Graves is a safe pick AD carry wise. Short-ranged, but he's designed to be up that close.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaf01 View Post
    So, which one you suggest?
    I'd say Ahri. She's REALLY fun to play!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Nautilus may be able to solo top. Not sure how he'd do in a kill lane duo though.

Graves is a safe pick AD carry wise. Short-ranged, but he's designed to be up that close.
    Naut is much like Leona really, gapcloser, massive CC and he should do a bit more damage. A kill lane basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphran View Post
    About Nautilus, he feels a *bit* slow, but that's just because he's big. He's kinda alike Leona in that he has a LOT of CC, his is just more varied.

You can play him solo top, mid or jungle, though I honestly don't recommend him for the jungle as he's INCREDIBLY slow in clearing it. His ganking power is good, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    About Nautilus, he feels a *bit* slow, but that's just because he's big. He's kinda alike Leona in that he has a LOT of CC, his is just more varied.

You can play him solo top, mid or jungle, though I honestly don't recommend him for the jungle as he's INCREDIBLY slow in clearing it. His ganking power is good, though.
    Regarding feeling slow, i feel extremely slow everytime i play Wukong for some reason, i don't know why but he just feels slow and not moving at the MS he's supposed to move at.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpoker View Post
    Regarding feeling slow, i feel extremely slow everytime i play Wukong for some reason, i don't know why but he just feels slow and not moving at the MS he's supposed to move at.
    His base movement speed is 320, which is actually quite fast... It could be his animation that's not matched up to his actual speed, making him seem slow, just like Nautilus.

That's the only thing I can think of.

Deleted
    bolded, and underlined the question in the wall of text.
    So yeah, just looking for a bit of guidance right now. It would be best to assume I have 0 moba experinece. (messed about with friends on DoTA in the past the learn the basics, but not properly played). Played limited amounts of LoL, probably about 500 games in total, 300 or so on 3v3, about 50 on summoners rift, and about 150 on dominion.
    I play pretty much exclusively 3v3, alone. None of my friends are really "into" pc gaming any more, not to mention I work nights, so playing at "normal" times is a rare occurance.

I started off using Garen after the tutorial and it worked really well, he destroyed absolutely everything early-midgame, but once we started to get endgame he was awful, so I found myself losing pretty much every game if we didn't get fed enough to force a surrender. So I moved over to trying out some different champions.
    Eventually I settled on Annie(which I still use, and in my personal opinion do well with). played about 150-200 games with her, and i'd estimate winning about 60-75% of them. I use Warwick[jungle] as an alternative/backup, but that seems to be 50/50 whether or not it ends up working.

Just wondering if there's any better suited champions, or some sort of "tier list" of champions based on their strength/usefulness in 3v3, as sometimes it feels that it takes too long to get in the swing of things with Annie, and by the time I do, either the game's almost over, or they're about to surrender.
    Probably down to my build choice too I assume.
    I start out with a Doran's ring[mainly to push for FB early on] i'll usually sell it on first back for boots, and to start off catalyst.
    I then aim for Rod of Ages A.S.A.P, and go straight for Rabadon's from there. Game is usually decided by the time that's made, but if not I'll just work on maxxing out my AP through void staff and needlessly large rod, at which point tibbers is an unstoppable killing machine :P (nothing more satisfying than seeing them taunting you under their tower, then getting a tibbers-stun on all three of them under their tower, running in, incinerating then flashing through a wall as they all die a painful death.)

anyway, pretty sure i've rambled on quite a bit... cheers, Adt.
    Last edited by mmoce7a0623b54; 2012-05-12 at 11:18 PM.

His base movement speed is 320, which is actually quite fast... It could be his animation that's not matched up to his actual speed, making him seem slow, just like Nautilus.

Think it's a case of Tauren syndrome. Where it looks like you're running slowly, but you're just as fast.

Deleted

But Naut actually is slow, his base movement speed is 300.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Naut seemed a little Leona-ish which is why I was considering him. Just cant stand slow characters. I often see Nauts taking boots of mobility when they jungle. Haven't really seen any in lane as yet tho so I wasn't sure what was going on there. Ty for answers.

I see Boots of Mobility on jungle Alistar as well. I think a lot of people take it to close the gap when ganking.

I see Boots of Mobility on jungle Alistar as well. I think a lot of people take it to close the gap when ganking.
    iirc people take it so when chasing they will eventually catch up with the opponent and be able to do their stun combo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nautilus starts off slow but picks up the pace later on. He's not that slow anymore once he hits level 5 or so.

--

As to TT:

Think of the following: Tanky Bruisers do better. Squishies with little escapes do worse. Champions that get stomped if they get CC piled on them do better (due to the fact that there's less of it and likely not up as often as well).

Annie is a squishy with no escapes. As such, she's really not that great a choice. I suppose it's not the worst mage you can pick, but still.

Good options are probably champs like Udyr, Sion, Jax, possibly Poppy due to all the walls. I've seen a 3v3 tier list around, but the last one I saw was extremely outdated. Just hit google and do a search. Something should come up.

--

And seeing how this got ignored the previous time (edited it in way later, so was probably overlooked):

So... rather than coming here asking what Champion I should buy, I'm looking for a solid reason to *not* buy a specific champ.

Naturally, I'm talking about Urgot. () He seems to dominate most of the popular choices in the bottom, he's not that expensive and now that he has his battlemech skin one might even bare looking at him for an extended period of time.

I have a number of ADs already and sort of feel I'm reasonably well stocked in that area. Tristana (my fave), Sivir, Vayne and Varus should do fine. (Well, and Twitch, but let's forget about that.)

So, do you think he'll be needed to shut down lanes completely?

I suppose I should add that it looks like I'll mostly be playing the AD role in our team.

Deleted
    SNIP.
    Cheers i've found This, nearly a half year old but I assume its still relatively correct, with people like jax / lee sin as top choice[they're the 2 I was contemplating trying]. Guess I just need to practise now, and find some good builds

Deleted
    Nautilus starts off slow but picks up the pace later on. He's not that slow anymore once he hits level 5 or so.

--

As to TT:

Think of the following: Tanky Bruisers do better. Squishies with little escapes do worse. Champions that get stomped if they get CC piled on them do better (due to the fact that there's less of it and likely not up as often as well).

Annie is a squishy with no escapes. As such, she's really not that great a choice. I suppose it's not the worst mage you can pick, but still.

Good options are probably champs like Udyr, Sion, Jax, possibly Poppy due to all the walls. I've seen a 3v3 tier list around, but the last one I saw was extremely outdated. Just hit google and do a search. Something should come up.

--

And seeing how this got ignored the previous time (edited it in way later, so was probably overlooked):

So... rather than coming here asking what Champion I should buy, I'm looking for a solid reason to *not* buy a specific champ.

Naturally, I'm talking about Urgot. () He seems to dominate most of the popular choices in the bottom, he's not that expensive and now that he has his battlemech skin one might even bare looking at him for an extended period of time.

I have a number of ADs already and sort of feel I'm reasonably well stocked in that area. Tristana (my fave), Sivir, Vayne and Varus should do fine. (Well, and Twitch, but let's forget about that.)

So, do you think he'll be needed to shut down lanes completely?

I suppose I should add that it looks like I'll mostly be playing the AD role in our team.
    The only real problem with Urgot is his sustained damage throughout a fight (he can't just pump out constant damage like some of the AD carrys). If you can learn to play his as he is supposed to be played and just focus down their carry at high range then you will do well. He is very different to the standard AD carry with his auto attack range so it requires a bit of a different mindset. He is worthwhile getting though, even just to give him a try.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried him in free week's and with his range (once he's locked on) and his tankiness, he really does shut down some lanes hard. See him quite often in the spectator games as well. I'm just not sure I actually want to spend IP on him before I get more runes (want AS ones).

So, saving up some IP for a 3150 champ; I've decided on between 2 champs (have a lot anyways :P). Either Shen or Akali. From what I know Shen can jungle or solo top, and Akali can mid or solo top. I main ap solo mids, but I am pretty good at soloing top. Anyone have any feedback on either champs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ranked or blind normals?

Shen's a far better pick for solo top imo, but he'll be banned a lot. I'm personally not a huge fan of Akali. I feel she's too easy to shut down, but she can be lethal if she gets only a tiny bit fed.