Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Assassin's Creed: Revelations or ES V: Skyrim?

Only have enough money to buy one game. Assassin's Creed or Skyrim. I've played every AC game that has come out and it's been really fun to play the story in addition to the multiplayer that was added in Brotherhood. The story is what I enjoy most, though. The series has yet to disappoint me.

As for Skyrim, I have not played one of the Elder Scrolls games. Not even Oblivion. But, I've never heard anyone badmouth any of the Elder Scrolls games plus Oblivion got so much praise that I just don't know what to do because I feel like I would be missing out on such an epic RPG.

What do you think?

15+ Year Old Account
    Moved to the video games forum for you.

If you have never played an Elder Scrolls game before, Skyrim is the perfect time to start. The game has been refined and has been made more accessible for people. Not only do you have the main story quest, there is loads of side content, over 150 dungeons and hundreds of areas to find. Assassins Creed Revelations will also be a great game, I love the Assassins Creed series, and Revelations looks really good. However if you can only afford one game, I'd put it this way. Assassins Creed Revelations you might get around 10-20 hours if your lucky from the story and goofing around. With Skyrim, you will get 75-250 hours minimum of gameplay.

All in all, if it was me, I'd buy Skyrim just because I've played Oblivion and Morrowind before, I have played all Assassins Creed games as well, but I'm saying if I could go with only 1, I'd go with Skyrim, but thats me. Just go with your gut feeling, if you love the Assassins Creed series, buy Revelations. You can always save up and buy Skyrim later.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd sooner turn to petty crime for video game money than miss either of those games. I don't envy your choice.

Assuming you're not going to go with the petty crime option, I'd go for Skyrim. Once the modding community gets started, Bethesda games can give you hundreds, if not thousands, of hours of entertainment. You simply won't get that much value from Assassin's Creed.
    Thank you dubbelbasse for the excellent sig!

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah man assasins creed you will play once and then set it on the shelf (i think?, i dont know if the newer ones are different i only played the first 2)
    oblivion was one of the best games me and my friends used to watch eachother play, and id say skyrim will blow it out of the water.
    weeee!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are a PC gamer, go with Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The level of polish and graphics are astounding. Plus as a PC gamer you'll have access to all the mods that come with it; this adds several hundred hours of gameplay onto the game. Basically ES on a PC is about the equivalent of 8-12 games worth of playtime shoved into 1 game.

If you are a console gamer, go with AC: Revelation the controls feel better on a gamepad (not to say you couldn't use one on a PC) The franchise has a history of being optimized for the Xbox 360, and I believe AC:R was designed with the console player in mind. Also Multiplayer will most likely happen faster on console because there will be more people playing so matchmaking will happen faster.

Hope this helps.
    "Can you truly help someone so intent on being stupid?"
    - Hawke

Skyrim hands down. Not enough even close. Hope this helps.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim. Assasins Creed will be fun for your first playthrough, maybe even for a second time, but Skyrim is bound to give you hundreds of hours etc etc etc blablabla same as what everyone above me said =P

Depends on what type of game you like. If it were me I'd pick Assassin's Creed: Revelations first. I never got into Morrowind or Oblivion (mostly due to the first person view in those games in which I absolutely hate for fantasy rpgs).

Skyrim.

SKYRIM ALL DAY LONG.

It's all about personal opinion, but I would go with Skyrim.. So excited for that game it's not even funny.
    Kurogasa:"Bitch tried to steal my herb... So I typhooned his ass off a cliff"
    Gala:"Why can't he burn in heaven? There can be Holy Fire in Heaven"
    Garrosh Hellscream:"Shut your clever mouth, bitch."
    Terenas Menethil II:"At long last. No king rules forever, my son."
    Kenny:"I'm just waiting for a fire axe to hack through my door one day and see aulio on the other side goin "heeeeeeeeres johnny"
    StarFade:Are you actually serious? To quote every rapper:"How fucked-up is you?"

I'll go for Assassins Creed first, because I love the story and I don't really know anything about Elder Scrolls.
    But I'll probably play both in the long run.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suggest Skyrim. Its true AC revelatons is going to be a good game but remember, that trailer we saw on e3 was good but it was just hype. Most AC games are easy and can finish up very quickly. The combat is awesome but to the point its not much of a threat.

Skyrim in the other hand is going to have a lot of replay value. We know a lot of decisions have been made in Skyrim to make the game simpler and accessible for players. That was one of the problems Oblivion had, which was why a lot of people call it the worst Elder Scrolls game in history.

Quote Originally Posted by Warcav View Post
    ...The series has yet to disappoint me.

...I have not played one of the Elder Scrolls games.
    Based upon what you've written, I'd go with Assassin's Creed. My personal opinion is that Skyrim is going to be absolutely amazing, and shouldn't be missed...but you're never played any of the games, and you enjoy the AC series. So I'd suggest going with what you're sure you will enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    So many good games coming out soon. Which is why I am making the choice of AC:R over Skyrim.

First, I love the AC series. Yeah, yeah, it's not very challenging. But that isn't where you get the fun from AC. Secondly, although I doubt I'll beat it in 15 hours, I know I won't play it forever, and that's the point. I have other games to play.

I'll get Skyrim in the dead of winter when nothing else is really out. Then I can play that at my leisure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majik8ball View Post
    If you are a PC gamer, go with Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The level of polish and graphics are astounding. Plus as a PC gamer you'll have access to all the mods that come with it; this adds several hundred hours of gameplay onto the game. Basically ES on a PC is about the equivalent of 8-12 games worth of playtime shoved into 1 game.

If you are a console gamer, go with AC: Revelation the controls feel better on a gamepad (not to say you couldn't use one on a PC) The franchise has a history of being optimized for the Xbox 360, and I believe AC:R was designed with the console player in mind. Also Multiplayer will most likely happen faster on console because there will be more people playing so matchmaking will happen faster.

Hope this helps.
    "The level of polish and graphics are astounding". Polished game from Bethesda? Now that would be the first time, they have the buggiest games I've ever played on launch and afterwards. They seem to expect the modding community to fix their games for them.

Also graphics? Consoles are the main development platforms for skyrim, wouldn't expect too much from the graphics either.

Seeing that you've never played an ES game yet you've played all of the AC series, I would go with AC. Despite what you've heard or read, there are a lot of people who didn't like oblivion. You could very well have been one of them. Buy AC for now and get the finale you deserve and want. You can always pick up Skyrim way later when you get some more scratch. Plus, by then some mods will be out.

In terms of hours of entertainment for your money, Skyrim is the way to go. It haves sooo much replayablility.
    What you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

15+ Year Old Account
    Assassins creed = A couple dozen hours of gameplay if you choose to do everything.
    Skyrim = Over 300 hours of gameplay if you choose to everything.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim = Buy
    AC:R = Rent just like all AC games you beat it then let it collect dust.