PTS Event 10/20 @ 4PM PDT – New Instant Adventure Feature!

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...e-feature.html

We’ve now made it easier than ever to go adventuring with your fellow ascended! Coming in 1.6 (tentative) you’ll get to experience the thrill of Instant Adventure, a public group with dynamically scaling quests that you can access from anywhere!

Join us on PTS Today, 10/20 @ 4PM PDT (11PM GMT) for your first look at Instant Adventure as we try to find any kinks, bugs, or pressure points. This is a brand new feature – so don’t expect it to be 100% fully functional but that’s what PTS is for!

We look forward to seeing you there!

Character Copy to PTS!
    You can now copy your character to the Public Test Shard! Simply click the Transfer button when you’re at Character select on the Live client and select “Copy to PTS” – it’s as easy as that! (though there may be a few bugs/limitations we’re working out). We will no longer be offering Gear/Leveling vendors with the introduction of this feature (except when testing requires it.)

You will need to download the PTS client if you have not done so already, this is approximately the same size as installing the full game and may take some time. For more information about PTS and how to access it please see:

Welcome to the Public Test Shard! – Getting Started

We look forward to seeing you there – have fun!

James "Elrar" Nichols
    Community Manager
    www.riftgame.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder for who it's ment to be.
    Levling people..fresh 50s.. geared 50s..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Telcular View Post
    Wonder for who it's ment to be.
    Levling people..fresh 50s.. geared 50s..
    Log onto the PTS and find out for us...Nudge, wink wink. Smack dab in our raid time again so I don't get any PTS love.

This all the info there is atm:

See this post also for some more details thanks to Slipmat!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...6-Build-on-PTS
    Last edited by Azuri; 2011-10-20 at 07:41 PM.

So I have a theory on what this is. If you go in the pts there is a new tab like chronicle one and it says "Instant Adventure" with a menu that lets you click a button for Shimmersand/Stillmoor.

The general idea from what I have seen is basically it is a "herd" of people on the same quest moving from spot to spot with some common goal in mind.

---------- Post added 2011-10-20 at 11:48 PM ----------

So I did some testing. Instant Adventure is going to go down in history as the most common sense thing EVER added to mmorpg's right up there with Coin Lock

**The possible world pvp applications of this are beyond insane in my view. The system is that SIMPLE and common sense it shocks me noone has done it before

Here is the idea.

1. Press . (period). Queue happens instantly and you are ported to Stillmoor

2. Join Group and automatically get a quest. Goto x area and kill y number of things. Get rewarded with Xp, drops, and inscribed sourcestones

10+ Year Old Account
    Instant Adventures definitely sound like they'll be a fun addition to your routine..
    Just dip in and out when you feel like it, already brief videos are starting to appear, gives you an idea of what happens, little zone events just for your "herd", as Puremalice puts it

Seems it will spawn mini bosses also just for your group...

Made a little vid myself yesterday aswell, might not sound as pro as the guy above me tho