Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

I think ret will finally be fixed.

new talent trees seem to be on the right track of fixed ret and more less every class/spec in game. (blizcon)

if you havent seen blizcon then dont comment like you know stuff which you dont ty

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I might be able to play a shockadin :O

Or maybe it will just be baseline now.

Quote Originally Posted by deathtrigger View Post
    new talent trees seem to be on the right track of fixed ret and more less every class/spec in game. (blizcon)

if you havent seen blizcon then dont comment like you know stuff which you dont ty
    I don't think I'm a fan of the singular talent tree. What I do like is you gain more than one spec defining ability, so it'll help differentiate between the multiple specs in a class, such as Ret getting a gap closer, Prot getting a mitigation cd, Ret and Prot getting an interrupt, Holy getting a good aoe heal, etc, without having to worry about all Paladins having all the abilities baseline.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

Chances are good that new specs will limit abilities to a role, rather than baseline for a whole class, which will allow for actual balancing. They are basically introducing a stance mechanic on every class. This is exactly what needed to happen in order to be able to balance ret and make it work right. This is a good sign for ret, and the paladin community as a whole.
    Last edited by Handsylton; 2011-10-21 at 09:21 PM. Reason: spelling errors, durrr

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsylton;13772161[B
    ]Chances are good that new specs will limit abilities to a role, rather than baseline for a whole class[/B], which will allow for actual balancing. They are basically introducing a stance mechanic on every class. This is exactly what needed to happen in order to be able to balance ret and make it work right. This is a good sign for ret, and the paladin community as a whole.
    "Class Abilities are available to all specs in the class. All warriors learn heroic strike for example."

I really want holy shock as a ret

Also, if they ease up on respec'ing, I think our prospects may well have improved... Talent panel hasn't gotten to us just yet, the DK presentation segment seemed to place abilities in each tier that were situationally simulacral (lulz); keyword, right there. That would be the balancing tool Talen's been on about for a tick, now (but I still want a stance, a'bluh-bluh). Ooh, my crossed fingers are aching.
    Last edited by The Good Captain; 2011-10-21 at 09:36 PM.
    A voice replied...

"Not by the hair on my Wrynny chin chin."

And then Varian Chintercepted Garrosh's cast, then sliced the orcs head off. 24 hours later he was found riding Deathwing over Orgrimmar, burning the city to the ground, laughing maniacally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy Shock as a baseline ability would remove Exorcism and the talents currently associated with it, thereby "freeing up more junk," which seems to be their mantra this year. I'd expect HS to be baseline.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have a snare, a gap closer and much less reliance on RNG. *cries in joy*

Deleted
    I agree. Hope it works out. Especially the gap closer talent gives you a nice choice.

Well, LAotL (no range) and SoL look like the hero Paladins deserve. Sort of, but yeah, I can perceive a few theoretical scenarios.
    A voice replied...

"Not by the hair on my Wrynny chin chin."

And then Varian Chintercepted Garrosh's cast, then sliced the orcs head off. 24 hours later he was found riding Deathwing over Orgrimmar, burning the city to the ground, laughing maniacally.

Praise the lord! Ret finally aren't going to be lolkited by almost every other class!@!@!@

Looks very very hopeful indeed, don't want to be counting my chickens yet but at first glance it looks very positive.

That snare in and of itself is a godsend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope springs eternal. After so many years of the problems we've had, I guess it got hard to make it worse. I feel that some of our talents, such as our final tier, could be a bit more exciting, relative to other classes', but it's a good start so far.

Deleted
    Aye, but notice that it's either a snare, a stun or a poly-like CC :<

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deathtrigger View Post

I think you are being too optimistic based solely on the limited view of the new talents.

It is the complete package that is improtant and even a quick view shows that some of the current issues surrounding Paladins remains untouched.

We need to see what the class and spec abilities grant before we can make any informed judgement. As it is, this really just implements the perk system GC mentioned some time ago.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    We need to see what the class and spec abilities grant before we can make any informed judgement.
    Finally some logic in here. QFT

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrioception View Post
    Aye, but notice that it's either a snare, a stun or a poly-like CC :<

Ya, think that stun may also be taking the place of hammer of justice as well.

Still if it is implemented right it will be a big step in the right direction.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminder: the shitty holypower system is staying, will see if its gonna be improved or just as shit as it is. Some talent etc fixes can be seen, mechanic wise.. will have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    Reminder: the shitty holypower system is staying, will see if its gonna be improved or just as shit as it is. Some talent etc fixes can be seen, mechanic wise.. will have to see.
    finally some1 said it

I'm kinda psyched that prot and ret will both have Hammer of the Righteous now, if the front page notes are anything to go by.