Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    i will be trying it out

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    The marketing for Diablo is smart. "keep subbed to our game for a year, have shiny things". Aka, don't sub to the newer games coming out. By the time time that year is up, we'll almost have an expansion for you to try.

P.S. We'll make money back from the AH, so we're not really taking a hit.
    Well I guess being strung along false hope works for some people.

But me personally, no.

I just got done giving my WoW-friends who are staying all of my non-soulbound items / gold, and cancelling my subscription.

Deleted
    Cataclysm to Mist of the Carebear island = lose 3/4 of your abilities
    ... Yeah, just going to point this out: Any abilities not mentioned in the talent trees are going to be baseline abilities / Abilities you automatically gain for specializing in a talent spec (Ret, Fire, Holy etc)

Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    One could just as easily say, WoW had content that was class specific and now that there's a game coming out that heavily features class specific content, that the idea came from WoW. Kinda ridiculous but the point is, there are not many systems in games nowadays that are truly original, and when there is a good original idea and it works, other companies incorporate it as well. Why? Because it's a good idea and it works, not because they're trying to pass it off as their idea.

Times change. Players and their expectations change. If games don't also change and evolve, players will move on. Blizzard would be dumb if they didn't incorporate good ideas into their game.
    the problem with this logic is this

WoW gave up the class specific story drive because people said that it was too much of a pain to have to go through long questlines for stuff. so WoW said "ok no more class specific stories from now on.

here comes TOR and GW2. I dont know mych bout GW2 as i wont read into it unili beat GW1. BUT woth TOR ou cant tell me that WoW has not seen the ENORMOUS amount of love and respect for the CLASS stories and the want for people to play them. So WoW goes "HEY GUYS guess what we are doing the class stories again ".

problem is that WoW gave into the rushers, those people that wanted endgame without all the fluff that MAKES a character. GOTTA PUSH those levels to get to 85 within 4 days so i can raid raid raid. while yea raiding was fun in the end there was no SUBSTANCE to why we had to get to endgame from a class/quest perspective. again yea with cata they made questing matter again, BUT with BoAs you outleveled the content with in 4 dungeon runs so what was the point of story when you were to far to benefit from it.

WOW fell to far too fast becuase it gave into the rushers I WANT ENDGAME NAOW, who cares about story, who cares about class differentiation i want end game NAOW. those people who prolly no longer even play this game cuz of its WAY TO EASYMODE gameplay are a large part of the ruin of wow

I'll have to agree. Personally, I've already decided to play TOR a long time ago (in a galaxy not so far away), got my collector's edition the first day it was available. But Pandas? Really? Not that I was gonna stick around anyway but this expansion just seems so stupid. I love the art style..... but PANDAS? Lol. It seems so out of place and, to be frank, lame. Very, very lame. Blizzcon didn't leave much to make me reconsider my choice. I'll be much happier as a Twi'lek than a kung fu panda knockoff character. :x

The diablo 3 "PLZ DON'T BUY TOR" 12 year subscription deal also makes me laugh. It was very obviously designed to keep people in wow from trying TOR. I wonder if they're really that afraid of Bioware? They probably should be.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The marketing for Diablo is smart. "keep subbed to our game for a year, have shiny things". Aka, don't sub to the newer games coming out. By the time time that year is up, we'll almost have an expansion for you to try.
    Outta curiosity, by the way, what about those of us who are getting shiny things in WoW and subbing for a newer game coming out? (I intend to stick with WoW, but I also intend to play TOR - especially seeing as my Horde guild is about to die because of it, and because honestly? I'm a Sith at heart. Just look at my name, for fuck's sake. *chuckles*)

There is a good thread here for posting videos and images to show the reaction to MoP, both for and against, but equally humorous:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...p-by-ONE-image....

WoW ripping off ideas from games still in testing while staying on par with Cataclysm:

Making threads like this makes certain SWTOR fanboys look really insecure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    or lures out insecure WoW fanboys that go to a whole other forum category just to flame/condescend pathetically.
    The true MOP trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=vdywKd3MsYw
    Seriously wow players? How can you still defend Blizzard?

How noble of WoW to sacrifice themselves with this expansion to make way for better things...

Go look at the forums and you will see it is less about insecurities and more about reality.

Yes I know every expansion has gotten backlash. But at least with Wrath everyone was universally excited about Arthas and with Cata redoing the old world. For the most part there was at least some excitement. For MoP their isn't anything even remote that has gotten much excitement from most WoW fans. I mean the most praised installment in this expansion is a ripoff off of a gameboy game...

Deleted
    The marketing for Diablo is smart.
    Is it really that smart? Unless i am missing a trick it seems to me that most people who will take this offer will be playing for another year anyways. People who dont play or a sick of wow aint going to fall for that. Its alot cheaper just to buy D3. In the end they are just going to be giving ass load of free D3 for nothing. Hell people who dont care about D3 will get it for nothing.

Seems like an odd tactic to me.

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousCarnage View Post
    or lures out insecure WoW fanboys that go to a whole other forum category just to flame/condescend pathetically.
    Actually I'm planning to play SWTOR, and I haven't been badmouthing the game anywhere. But your rather childish avatar probaby does reveal some insecurities.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzs-OvfG8tE

I smiled, after a long day of disappointment.
    thanks, i needed that (:

Actually I'm planning to play SWTOR, and I haven't been badmouthing the game anywhere. But your rather childish avatar probaby does reveal some insecurities.
    you can name call them insecurities being condescending to other people, i'll call it a reality. You hate for hates sake when I hate I have reasons.
    The true MOP trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=vdywKd3MsYw
    Seriously wow players? How can you still defend Blizzard?

How noble of WoW to sacrifice themselves with this expansion to make way for better things...

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousCarnage View Post
    you can name call them insecurities being condescending to other people, i'll call it a reality. You hate for hates sake when I hate I have reasons.
    What have I been hating now?

This is not directed at anyone but I noticed this and was amused.

Before MoP: randomforumguy: "SWTOR/GW2 will make the WoW devs think twice and change WoW."
    After MoP: randomforumguy: "OMG they copied SWTOR/GW2 ideas how lame is WoW?"

Haters... gonna hate

Deleted
    The 'haters gonna hate' phrase is ironic given how fast subscriptions and interest for WoW are declining. It isn't going to die out anytime soon, but it's definitely struggling to stand up these days as a driving force for the MMORPG market. I eagerly await the next subscription status news to see just how many people have cancelled their accounts since the last announcement - because if it's anything near as bad as last time, the company are going to end up relying on yet more gimmicks and paid services to boost their profits.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggoman View Post
    This is not directed at anyone but I noticed this and was amused.

Before MoP: randomforumguy: "SWTOR/GW2 will make the WoW devs think twice and change WoW."
    After MoP: randomforumguy: "OMG they copied SWTOR/GW2 ideas how lame is WoW?"

Haters... gonna hate
    Yeah, more as in change the game back to a TBC model, you know when subscriptions were rising, not falling. Gamers may have expected some copy pastes to happen (being Blizzard of course), but it still feels like the shell of a game that was Cataclysm /easymode+cute+silly. Oddly playing pandas seem more mature than other features (and new race/class is content).

I don't think anyone really expected the core age group to be lowered again, even with pandas /shrug
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-10-22 at 09:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop with the personal attacks.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just sorry to see wow walk down this road. I loved the game and have alot of fond memories, but I am glad I am leaving while there is still something to miss. This vanilla player will not look back.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.