Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Corla, Herald of Twilight

So on my main i always seem to get BRC when i quene for a random. The first boss goes down with out an issue 90% of the time but as soon as we get to Corla no one can do that boss. I try to organize who is on beams and who is inturupting. Does anyone else seem to get groups that wipe time after time on this boss? If so have you found any way to get a group not to wipe on this boss?

Tank gets beam #1. rdps gets beams #2 and #3. mdps stays on boss to interrupt (tanks help out as a safety), standing between beams #1 and #2 to watch for people messing up, healer between beams #2 and #3 doing same. Tell people to move out of beam at 75 stacks. I usually ask if people who know the mechanic would volunteer, usually get at least one other who knows it. Make sure people know exactly how the beam mechanic works. If you are not doing the achieve, tell everyone to focus boss (i see a lot of randoms use aoe or target the immune acolytes)

If you 2 healed it you could do the achievement pretty easily.

When I first switched my druid to resto I thought I'd try healing on the normal heroics before moving on to the zandas. I got BRC and the group had just killed the first boss with a few of them dieing, which wasn't a great sign. We get to corla, sort out the beams are much hassle and give it a go. I took a beam and two of them did. They didn't move out of the beams in time so they both get transformed and the boss doesn't get interrupted so I get feared.

I gave it another two attempts after that before giving up, it was just far too complex for them to understand. The problem with corla is that it requires 3 people to watch a debuff stack, and there's nothing like that in 5 mans before you get to BRC. Also, the worse your dps is, the longer the fight takes and the more oppurunties there are for the beams to go wrong. And in my group noone did above 7k, and the warrior did 3k.

Give it a couple of goes, helping them with the tactics and organisation (remember the dungeon journal for these situations). But after a few goes just give up and requeue. If you've done all you can and they still can't do it, then it not your job to hold their hand.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    While your plan sounds like a great idea it never works for me. I sit there and i ask somebody to inturupt and then have the tank back up and they never can inturupt. Seriously it is sad. Then also i have tried to call it out for people but No one listens...

If I am tanking I tend to wait for ppl to volunteer for two beams. If they call out, then they know what they are doing. I then take a beam and interrupt duty, because I know how hard it is for mellee dps to sit there and press buttons, so it is much easier for me to do beams, tank and interrupt. Luckily I am geared enough when one beam soaker inevitably screws up, I can pop cooldown, burn boss and live.

When I heal, I call out my beam, mark it, and prepare to shift/interrupt (druid), when I see the boss casting near me.

To be honest, I find all of the bosses in BRC to be quite challenging with a PuG - from any role standpoint. Whether it's not DPSing the chain/not moving out, not being able to move or interrupt properly on Corla, tank not being able to handle third boss, improper CC (people keep attacking them, ninja pull because they think they behave like on normal or the alike) on Beauty or kiting adds on last boss - those times all you have are a fury warrior, ret paladin and an arcane mage with no OS that doesn't speak english.

I do agree that Corla is especially bad, though. I'm looking forward to easier and, hopefully, more forgiving heroic dungeons in MoP!
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"

Deleted
    Rule #1 : People don't watch their debuff
    Consequence #1 : players get transformed and rips your group appart

Rule #2 : People don't even know they can watch another target's debuff (throug /focus)
    Consequence #2 : npcs get transformed and rips your group appart

Once you know which one happens, you can give appropriate hints.