Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    i liked everything io saw bar the talent tree changes

YES I KNOW THEY ARE IN DEVELOPEMENT but seems way to pvp orientated for me

I cant compleate a talent tree for my kitty hunter pala or shammy since i dont realy pvp not much there apeals to me

hope they will change

Deleted
    only thing i have a problem with is the talent system honestly i like the talent trees how they are this just seems like their taking out all the fun in tweaking talents and gear but i love pandarians! i cant wait for the new expansion but i hope they decide not to go on with that talent system

Based on the first teir DK talents, I'm guessing that Blood DK's won't NEED outbreak anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Killrogg View Post
    That may be, but I still dont get why an asian theme suddenly should appeal to the asians. I mean, do you feel great about games with your cultural theme, wherever you are from ? I daresay you and I have no idea what appeals to asians except if you go there and ask them, because it's a totally different culture and market. It's not as easy as, asian theme = asians will love it.
    Example: I heard in China they dont like stories with animals beeing on one level with humans (alice in wonderland). Or lets they the government doesnt like them
    Understand what I mean ?

Oh yes, I also noticed people prophecying wow loosing to other mmos...that always sounds like the other mmos couldnt possibly screw up themselfes. It's not like Blizzard is the only one to effort in their work, SW + have to do as hard, or harder, because you know, they have to beat WoW.
    Fair enough but I think it still only improves their market share internationally which I think is where wow has always been heading. They've really done as good as they can in the US with subscriptions. Obviously they have to be careful as you say with how they market the expansion to different countries but the international success of Kung Fu Panda II had to factor into things.

SWTOR, Secret World and other new mmo's could certainly fail miserably. Everyone gets that. But to say the mmo market is not getting more competitive with the introduction of these games and others is really fooling yourself. They are starting off at a disadvantage because wow has had 7+ years of content additions but with the disappointment that Cataclysm was (and yes it is a disappointment compared to Burning Crusade and Wotlk), Blizzard really wants a win with the next expansion. Desperate? Certainly not but getting closer in my opinion. I do like more competition though; if anything it will make all the games better products.

Deleted
    hmm Star Wars: the Old Republic will be our New hope :-D and who remains in the WoW just a hentai lover...

The argument that this Asian theme expansion pack is aimed at Asian market is such a joke.What do you think? Blizzard can implement Asian elements better than Asian companies? Do you think someone who doesn't play MMO in China will say "hey I want to play this game because it looks 'asian' ? " LoL, there's literally dozens of MMO flooding the market that looks and feel more Asian than WoW ever will be. But that's not the selling point of WoW, isn't it? This expansion, in fact, is aimed directly at western audience, who usually doesn't get any exposure to Asian influence. Obviously it's up to you whether you like it or hate it, but stop making excuses.

I hope Jack Black does the voice acting.

Will make soloing more difficult?

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    "However, this also means the difference between each level between 1 and 85 will be less significant, so you may find that an enemy 5 or 10 levels below your own will be a little tougher to deal with than it was before. " Interesting.
    I was thinking the same thing = soloing old content will be harder?
    I take some solace in the fact that even though my snarky reply to someone's condescending rhetorical question earned me a 1-week ban, my post was not deleted. I was rather proud of that bit of snark, and I am glad it lives on.

Deleted
    I love this expansion! Nothing they have announce so far is bad in my opinion. But for all you how are gona quit because your either racist(optimal) or just hate pandas. Ive got a few words for you:
    NA NA NA NA
    NA NA NA NA
    HEY HEY-EY
    GOODBYE
    Last edited by mmoc80ea7ba33a; 2011-10-22 at 05:18 PM.

Thanks for putting that into words for me

Quote Originally Posted by Breathe View Post
    Don't forget to close the door behind you, lock it and throw away your keys!!! (and the spare keys).
    Great looks, Monks, new challenges, new times, pet battles etc etc etc...

Yeah, gimmie that, all sounds fun.

I never had a high tolerance for people bitching about stuff in a fantasy game..
    It's alright to go walking around as a giant cow/troll/orc/space goat, ride around on bikes/choppers/trikes, fly in helicopters/rockets, on dragons (or even transform into one), transform into other forms for that matter, fight dragons/squids/tentacle beast/undeads/demons/big bad races and the list goes on and on and on.... and suddenly a pandaren appears and the world is coming to an end?

Crawl back into the hole you came out, please leave this game and go play something else and leave wow to the other millions of people that actually do like the game and the direction it is going in.
    It saved me the time of typing it in, myself - because I have the exact same feelings on the mater.
    I take some solace in the fact that even though my snarky reply to someone's condescending rhetorical question earned me a 1-week ban, my post was not deleted. I was rather proud of that bit of snark, and I am glad it lives on.

Quote Originally Posted by Yseraboy View Post
    I was thinking the same thing = soloing old content will be harder?
    LOL, watching a lvl 85 die in gnomer would be hilarious

10+ Year Old Account
    it really still hasn't sunk in for me yet..i don't know where to begin they could've went in so many other directions with the game but freaking panda monks and a hidden panda island???? WOW JUST WOWWHAT HAPPENED TO THE EMERALD DREAM? THIS IS GAME ENDING FOR ME! G-G-G-GBYE
    Last edited by Ohshizz; 2011-10-22 at 05:21 PM.

I love this whole culture and I now I can visit it. I would have never been able to in real life. Thanks Blizz <3

Why are people surprised by this?

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    Yeah I do, and it is smart business..
    Blizzard noticed people glorifying these concepts on the forums, so what do they do? They dad them to their own game.
    Strongly agree.

Its not like games haven't been borrowing ideas since the beginning of time.

People keep complaining that they are leaving WoW to play some other game that has features WoW lacks, and then people complain that woW is "ripping-off" other games when WoW tries to add the features people say they are leaving for...

Do these other games have a copyright or patent on these game features?

Can no game "improve" over the years, even if the improvement is derivative instead of innovative?

Quote Originally Posted by Prem View Post
    It was asked during one of the interviews and recieved a fairly non-commital "we're thinking about it".
    Translation. We have it in place but it's going to be a paid service. We are not anouncing it because we don't want to piss the player base off more after miscalculating the panda themed expac response.

how this:became this?the first one is rather repectable for a pandaman, but the 2nd one is indeed a bit too kungfu panda

Not impressed with this at all. You can count me in with all those people who got up and walked out while flipping off the devs in the original live stream videos before they took them down and editted out all the bad parts. Might be a few decent things in there but I can find those in the new mmos coming out at the end of 2011 and in 2012. And linking a 1 year wow subscription to D3? desperate...just sad. Especially if you read the fine print on that agreement. If you cancel your wow subscription within that 1 year period you lose access to D3. I guess blizz is just desperate to keep their numbers looking higher than they actually are by offering this deal. A shame I enjoyed WOW for many years, but its time to move onto bigger and better things. As for the guy saying goodbye to everyone quitting thats cool but it sounds like you are talking to yourself...no one else is left. Turn the lights out when you are done:P

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    Not impressed with this at all. You can count me in with all those people who got up and walked out while flipping off the devs in the original live stream videos before they took them down and editted out all the bad parts.
    Holy cow people actually flipped the devs and walked out? I would love to have a screencap of this. What dev panel was that? If they are indeed editing out the streams then that is rather pathetic imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsoon View Post
    Holy cow people actually flipped the devs and walked out? I would love to have a screencap of this. What dev panel was that? If they are indeed editing out the streams then that is rather pathetic imo.
    was the first one with the big announcement of the expac. There was half hearted clapping then you could hear a slight boo go up and see folks standing up and flipping off the devs. They took it down pretty fast then editted it all out.

I think it's time to face the fact that "hardcore MMOs" are gone. Developers have to cater to their consumer base. In the beginning, WoW was "hardcore" because that attracted the current focus of the MMORPG. With the popularity generated during Burning Crusade, Blizzard gathered a more diverse fanbase, leading to the eventual dilution of difficulty from Lich King through Cataclysm to Mists of Pandaria. I'm not one of the "I've played since Vanilla release" assholes that wave their e-peen in everyone's face, but I have been a raider since BC. While I certainly enjoyed the difficulty at the time with SSC/TK, BT, and Sunwell, my play time and focus have shifted. I'm no longer a college kid that can stay up till 2AM and raid 6 hours straight the majority of the week. I'm lucky to get 3-4 hour blocks to play, period, and I'd rather not be bashing my head against a boss and incurring repair bills that I can't afford because I don't have time for dailies if I want to be in the raid. With 4.3 (and appropriate gear), I can raid when I want, get gear, and see content, the way it should be if I'm paying $50 for the software and a sub fee on top of that. While I'm not sure if I like the new talent system, the biggest issue is really that it's a big change from what we're used to. Get over yourselves, people. Games need to change after 7 years if they want to stay current. Subscription decay happens with time and speeds up the farther it gets. The MoP changes are purely what Blizzard needs to do to maintain the status quo and replace the sub fees they will lose. WoW no longer needs to be their cash cow, with the release of D3, SC3, and Titan in the future. Honestly, I got into WoW because I loved the story from Warcraft 3. Lich King covered the end of that story. Now, I'm just waiting for the entrance of Sargeras and the destruction of the Burning Legion, whatever expansion that turns out to be.