Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    I think that they are acting how they are because they are actually in a race against another guild who is right on their ass, not only that but they are both being watched live right now. From what I saw (I am watching both) the RL of BL doesn't want his raiders to get distracted by Vodka, he wants them to focus on Ragnaros and focus on their job hence the reason he is telling them to shut up. It is easier and faster to just be loud and dominant vs. being calm and passive, I highly doubt they are like this during world first races since, well although they are racing they aren't within 5-10% health of another guild.
    Rigg yells like that even during their first kills. Watch their first kill of heroic Rag and you'll hear him fussing like he did in the stream.

Deleted
    I agree, there just words.

surprised boub or any other admins didn't take the stream down from the main page after what was being said on the bl stream despite any measures of success the guild had

Quote Originally Posted by Nodozz View Post
    I want to apologize for the harsh words used on the stream during the Live Raid. Truth is, everyone was on edge we wanted this very badly. It is my fault that the channel wasn't tagged as 18+, it should have been and will be in the future. As for the words being used, I can assure you that nobody in BL is racist or homophobic, it just happened that in the peak of the moment people lost their minds and started shouting every word they could think of (temporary insanity). Bad language is unfortunately a reality of a high end hardcore raiding guild.

We thank you for your support, we had alot of fun, a memory that will last a long time. Good day to all of you, enjoy the rest of Blizzcon 11'.

AND GO RANGERS!

Nodzz <Blood Legion>
    Thank you for making that statement. After all they are just words and should be treated as such. Congrats on the victory and good luck in 4.3!

Quote Originally Posted by Whigi View Post
    Nor is it how I would want mine, but in an intense situation like the one we witnessed. They are more concerned of the notoriety of being the best guild in the US than the image of their RL. I have gay friends, many in fact who play WoW, I have black friends, many who also play WoW. They call me a faggot and a nigger and I do the same if the time is appropriate. Nobody is offended, this whole thread has become people tied up on words, its not like he is throwing rocks at blacks and gays. I just think everyone here is a bit oversensitive, and I respect you for being so tolerant to something that would be very offensive to so many others.
    I can't speak for anyone else, but my point was: "/facepalm. Really? Streaming your guild using ethnic slurs? Way to make yourselves look like immature idiots, guys."

Deleted
    Any youtube vid about the nerd rage that was going on? would like a good laugh

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to apologize for the harsh words used on the stream during the Live Raid. Truth is, everyone was on edge we wanted this very badly. It is my fault that the channel wasn't tagged as 18+, it should have been and will be in the future. As for the words being used, I can assure you that nobody in BL is racist or homophobic, it just happened that in the peak of the moment people lost their minds and started shouting every word they could think of (temporary insanity). Bad language is unfortunately a reality of a high end hardcore raiding guild.

We thank you for your support, we had alot of fun, a memory that will last a long time. Good day to all of you, enjoy the rest of Blizzcon 11'.

AND GO RANGERS!

Nodzz <Blood Legion>
    An hour ago I did not like your guild based of the lack of sportsmanship involved.
    But this post just made me rethink my opinion just now.
    This takes a real person to make this sort of comment, and now I just turned my view around about you guys right now.
    I hope alot of other people that expressed their views similar to mine will also look at you guys with a brighter shade of light.
    I wish you the very best.
    Cataclysm is so hard because of Wrath Baby Syndrome:
    Wrath Baby Syndrome is the disease commonly observed in people who grew comfortable with Wrath of the Lich King. Symptoms include:
    Terrible gameplay. Inability to avoid fire, void zones, other such crap. Inability to take responsibility for your failures. General idiocy. Finding "Anal [Link]" or mother jokes funny.
    Other symptoms include:Posting that Cataclysm is too hard, you obviously never played Vanilla or TBC.

Nodzz, tell riggs that's some dedication to run from your hotel to blizzcon throwing guards out of the way to get back online lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ajaxthegreat View Post
    I can't speak for anyone else, but my point was: "/facepalm. Really? Streaming your guild using ethnic slurs? Way to make yourselves look like immature idiots, guys."
    Your obviously entitled to your opinion but I dont really think they gave themselves a bad image for using a few racial slurs. I mean in a month if we were to talk about Blizzcon 2011 we will remember that Blood Legion beat Vodka in a really intense fight, not that BL was a bit racist during Rag. I mean in your guild vent or however you communicate to friends while gaming you've probably heard someone call another player a faggot or a nigger, but do you really see them any different afterwards? No, thats my point I dont think BL has lost anything here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadraline View Post
    I guess what I find ironic about it all is when you watch just about any other sport on tv, major games etc...you don't hear the players cussing at each other and telling each other to shut up. They work together as a team and even when one makes a screw up they try and encourage the player by patting them on the shoulder and letting them know it happens.
    Really?

I was watching cricket, India vs England, the other day, and one of the bowlers (think pitchers, if you're US) chewed out one of his fielders for being slow at returning the ball, which allowed the opposition an extra run. What was up with that? It's only a game, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by robodin View Post
    Really?

I was watching cricket, India vs England, the other day, and one of the bowlers (think pitchers, if you're US) chewed out one of his fielders for being slow at returning the ball, which allowed the opposition an extra run. What was up with that? It's only a game, isn't it?
    I believe there is the added element of anonymity involved here. They are just pixels to the world. Obviously in real life situations the cursing, ethnic and racial slurs wouldn't be uttered.

15+ Year Old Account
    I want to apologize for the harsh words used on the stream during the Live Raid. Truth is, everyone was on edge we wanted this very badly.....
    Nodzz <Blood Legion>
    Classy of you to acknowledge that it wasn't really appropriate for a general audience.

Personally, I am totally cool with 'Shut the fuck up!' from my raid leader, but racial and sexual orientation slurs disturb me. I totally get that there are people on both sides of the spectrum from me though; people that would be offended by 'fuck' and people who can call each other faggots over vent and think nothing of it.

On the whole, I think it did reflect poorly on BL, but that's how people talk. It's nothing about being good, terrible players can come up with offensive things as well as anyone in a top guild.

-oh, and Grats. VICTORY!!

Blood Legion probably shouldn't have streamed their vent at all, I'm going to remember the torrent of racial slurs and insults and the Raid Leader constantly telling his crew to "shut the fuck up" far more than I'm going to remember who actually won this... I mean it was just heroic firelands, not some super interesting stuff like they have done in years past.

Quote Originally Posted by Whigi View Post
    Your obviously entitled to your opinion but I dont really think they gave themselves a bad image for using a few racial slurs. I mean in a month if we were to talk about Blizzcon 2011 we will remember that Blood Legion beat Vodka in a really intense fight, not that BL was a bit racist during Rag. I mean in your guild vent or however you communicate to friends while gaming you've probably heard someone call another player a faggot or a nigger, but do you really see them any different afterwards? No, thats my point I dont think BL has lost anything here.
    It's bad PR for them and could have potential recruits seeking other guilds that don't use such terms. Now, do I think they are racist/homophobic? Not really, just naive. Here is a question back to you: if you are at a restaurant and the table behind you is using this type of language, do you shrug it off or think "wow, they are fucking idiots?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnan View Post
    If that is what it takes to be the #1 guild, I'll stick to my current guild thankyouverymuch. I can't imagine being yelled at the entire raid as being fun. As some one above said, this is a horrible way to "promote" raiding, and I hope they won't get invited back to any live raid.
    Agreed 100%.

It's bad PR for them and could have potential recruits seeking other guilds that don't use such terms. Now, do I think they are racist/homophobic? Not really, just naive. Here is a question back to you: if you are at a restaurant and the table behind you is using this type of language, do you shrug it off or think "wow, they are fucking idiots?"
    If someone doesn't want to join a guild because of their language, then they wouldn't be in the guild long anyways.

They should probably turn off their vent chat for streams like these. o_o;

The language was harsh and shouldn't have been in a live stream setting with that many people viewing, so for that I do apologize -- This is something we really wanted, and is a great way to motivate us further to improve as a guild and improve our world ranking this coming tier -- so excitement and nerves got the better of some people

Take what you will from it, we had just been very very excited to win something like this

Affinity
    Blood Legion
    Last edited by Affiniti; 2011-10-22 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    I know MMO wasn't responsible for the content of the feed, but a racist, homophobic feed like that shouldn't be getting put on the main page. It sets a bad example of what MMO-Champion and Curse represent as a brand.You think the dark ages are long since gone and then a major guild event like this proves otherwise.
    10chars...

edit: Kudos to the guys from BL apologizing, now take that maturity and explain it the person or persons using the racist/homophobic language that acting like that reflects on all members of BL and will not be tolerated in live feeds in the future.
    Last edited by Rolly; 2011-10-22 at 07:17 PM.

Deleted
    Ofcourse, most people really don't take this stuff that seriously