Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...tober/ap35.jpg

I forsee powerful adversaries lurking in the Mists of Pandaria.

Deleted
    I can also see Ray Mysterio mask= they copy wwe wrestling now ey? I can also see a doll riding on a duck= maybe we will ride on giant ducks then? I can see some sort of airplane to the left= Maybe we will fly? And i think i see a sword up to the left= maybe wow has copyd a sword ha? thats likely. There is also something to the right of the designers head. maybe a painting that says DAD. Maybe they copy his sons art work? thats not good wow must be dieing! If anything the guy behind him is from RIFT. and is looking for new ideas in the WoW design.

Is there anyway to see a slideshow of the jpegs rather than having to click each individual image?

its a good thing when game designers want to be aware of their competition and want to improve their product.

40 people making too much of a big deal about a Rift box sitting on a desk
    God forbid that employees for a game company play any other game from other companies. God forbid it.

Also, I have DA2 sitting on my desk, and I played it for about 6 hours. Just because the box sits near your computer does not mean you devote 100% of your time to playing it.

ANYWAYS, I really enjoyed attending this panel. The most important thing that really needs to be brought from it, though, but it's not detailed or shown in these screenshots is the complete huge leap of technology they've managed to have even in just the last few months that've allowed them to do far more detailed work in far less time when it comes to environment design. Also, the utter complexity of the Pandaren character models in terms of their skeletons and animation vectors.... and how long it took for them to put in this detail for models.

Basically, implications that pretty much say that if any of the classic character models were to get updated to catch up with Pandaren, it'd take up a TON of time. And by that, I mean that if the new character models had been devoted to and put out with this expansion, the amount of time it took to produce the content for 4.1 and 4.2 would barely be sufficient, and we wouldn't even be going to Firelands yet for another 2 months. THAT. MUCH. TIME. It's not even an issue that can be resolved by throwing more resources at it, the models simply take that long to make properly, compounded with the fact that the model builders/animators are busy working on other content, like mobs for raids/dungeons.

Not like anyone who stills demands Blizzard drop everything and demand that the models be updated "LIEK NAO!!!" will ever read this post, but so few people fail to realize the genuine time restraints that prevent Blizzard from making every glitter pony everyone demands.
    Last edited by greyghost; 2011-10-23 at 06:51 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviatharan View Post
    Anybody know what those cute little elementals are called? The ones in #44? I saw one following a pandaren in one of the earlier images, possible their water elemental or a totem or monk pet of some kind? No idea...
    I hope they will be available as pets, and obtainable within game (drop, ach, rare pet to fight and capture...)!

10+ Year Old Account
    Those tablets... *drool*

Deleted
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...r/art41.jpgThe middle animals with giant horns, I predict them to be pandaren mounts.http://media.mmo-champion.com/images..._art2_019.jpgI don't know why, but it got me thinking when I saw it being hidden in this pic.There is also a pic going around with a Pandaren on a plateau/seat with a Goldfish in a bowl underneath which is interesting as well.Thanks for the coverage! Lots of loveRomero