Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by azzer24 View Post
    So much stuff taken from Guild Wars 2, and implemententation seems half-assed at best. I do like that they're atleast trying something.
    So much posting from people who think GW2 has anything original. So much posting from people who think Rift has anything original. We get it, we know these are the first MMORPGs you ever played.. but that doesn´t mean everything they have is new to the genre. Before you post about being creative, at least do a little work and look at older games that had pretty much the ídeas´of everything we are seeing now. UO champion spawns = Warhammer PQs = Rifts. All based around the same concept. About 10 games, including the pen and paper D&D have monk classes. Street Fighter had no autoattack and was even mentioned by the devs.. why would you think they stole it from GW when it has been in games for about 30 years now.

OMG.. my game is the first I played, therefore the first one ever invented.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DissPanda View Post
    One of the worst Q&As I've ever seen....
    Most of the questions were so retarded I got mad reading them,I'm litterally mindblown.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    So much posting from people who think GW2 has anything original. So much posting from people who think Rift has anything original. We get it, we know these are the first MMORPGs you ever played.. but that doesn´t mean everything they have is new to the genre. Before you post about being creative, at least do a little work and look at older games that had pretty much the ídeas´of everything we are seeing now. UO champion spawns = Warhammer PQs = Rifts. All based around the same concept. About 10 games, including the pen and paper D&D have monk classes. Street Fighter had no autoattack and was even mentioned by the devs.. why would you think they stole it from GW when it has been in games for about 30 years now.

OMG.. my game is the first I played, therefore the first one ever invented.
    Your wow "fanboyism" and love of panda has turned you into a troll. People aren't just saying it to piss other people off they're saying because it's true. They've taken a ton of stuff from Gw2. Ideas that don't even fit into the frame work of wow.

This new expansion looks bad and is going to be bad. The questions asked at this Q&A are pure garbage. Things they've answered multiple times already. Year after year. No wonder we got this expansion. These are the same players that go to blizzcon year after year and asked for this expansion.

Legendary needs a story to go with it, we aren't taking turns with the classes or specs, we put them in where they fit in the story. If there is an opportunity you will get one! A legendary shield would be great.
    Great!But, it's not fair. What's about Dru/Dk/Mon?Tanks is not DD, there are 2 constatnt tanks in raid. This give big advantage for War/Pal tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    More people are worried about what there character looks like then asking about changes too the game lol jesus what a bunch of fail questions

Deleted
    Well atm all I care is chars cap per realm. I dont wanna to delete any of my 85s to make a monk class. In other words I wanna have all classes.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why does Ghostcrawler hate paladins?
    A ret paladin killed his parents.
    that is hillarious

Quote Originally Posted by varstjasol View Post
    You clearly didn't read the part where they said it takes time not money.
    They dont have all that much time because they do NOT spend anytime actually balancing classes, all they do is 20%, 33% 66% or 100% buff's/nerfs they don't do 5% here 10% there, 27%on this, 2% on that, and then 6% here. They do not ever do small nerfs/buffs. they either over buff, or over nerf. They never spend time actually trying to get it "just right". If they actually spent time testing the game internally, spent time testing the changes they want to implement vs just puttin it on PTR, only to completely disregard the mass majority of the data and then go plopping it on live servers to "see how it'll go"... they would have balance in the game. Then they wouldnt spend the mass majority of their time... balancing the classes. So the excuse of "we dont have time".. is total BS. They have no time because they have a whole barrel full of problems and all they ever do is put a bandaid on it instead of stitching it up. If they did actually test it, and put forethought into the changes.. then the mass majority of all the patch notes.. wouldnt be class changes.

I dont like what it said about resto druids having a shroom based heal. having to cast three shrooms.. before detonating them for a big AoE heal? and then what they said about moonkin AoE and hurricane? unless they lower the mana cost while upping the damage it will still be ditched in favor of shrooms consider how cheap shrooms are and how much damage they do.

and whats the BS about sharing items across accounts, eg. get item on account 1 and accounts 2-10 can use it for transmogging, taking more resources?.... i mean its basically 1 item vs 10.. are they seriously saying getting/storing an item 10 times(once per character) costs less space then storing it once and just sending up a flag account wide saying "hey you have this item on x toon you can transmog!" thus allowing any toon on said account/server to use said item for transmogging purposes?..... what takes less space and resources.. 1 or 10? i want what ever they're smokin
    Last edited by Vengfulr3ap3r; 2011-10-23 at 04:26 AM.

where the hell is the vendor for the vengeful set? blizz is full of shit

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikvis View Post
    Your wow "fanboyism" and love of panda has turned you into a troll. People aren't just saying it to piss other people off they're saying because it's true. They've taken a ton of stuff from Gw2. Ideas that don't even fit into the frame work of wow.

This new expansion looks bad and is going to be bad. The questions asked at this Q&A are pure garbage. Things they've answered multiple times already. Year after year. No wonder we got this expansion. These are the same players that go to blizzcon year after year and asked for this expansion.
    What exactly did they "take" from GW2 that is purely original to GW2 and has never before been in an MMO?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazimir86 View Post
    What exactly did they "take" from GW2 that is purely original to GW2 and has never before been in an MMO?
    I don't think the point anyone is trying to make when they say "They took ___ feature from Rift/TOR/GW2" is meant to be taken as "rift/TOR/Gw2 did that idea first it belongs to them" but more along the lines of "all blizzard has announced is that they are taking all the announced features from Rift, TOR and GW2 and adding it in one expansion" the point people are making is that.. nothing announced in the last two days.. is anything not already announced by Wows three main competitors.
    Last edited by Vengfulr3ap3r; 2011-10-22 at 11:18 PM.

I'm happy to hear that a Ret Paladin cause GC deep and emotional pain, but seriously that's it? Again!? Doesn't any Paladins attend Blizz con?!

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I don't think that's what it says.
    Yeah. It indicates we will be able to make up to 50 characters on one realms, instead of 10 characters per realm up to a total of 50.

Basically they are THINKING about removing the 'realm cap' but keeping the 'total cap' in. Not allowing you to play your Alexstrasza Death Knight on Emerald Dream or something like that.

Why does Ghostcrawler hate paladins?A ret paladin killed his parentsI like this one

Why didnt anyone ask if epic gems will be prospectable from pyrite ore??!!?!?! And i feel like they should redo this Q and A, as the majority of questions are beyond stupid

Quote Originally Posted by holy forever View Post
    Why does Ghostcrawler hate paladins? A ret paladin killed his parents

[/QUOTE]I like this one[/QUOTE]

---------- Post added 2011-10-23 at 09:45 AM ----------

I like this one

Quote Originally Posted by matt12195 View Post
    Why didnt anyone ask if epic gems will be prospectable from pyrite ore??!!?!?! And i feel like they should redo this Q and A, as the majority of questions are beyond stupid
    Possibly because they already said 100 times that gems will be coming from raids like in BC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any plans to improve the Death Knight gargoyle melee attack?Nope, it is designed to work at range, There are no plans to change Death Knight stat weights during this expansion, maybe some balancing in MoP.
    This was not the question or answer given at all. There was first a highlight of the issue that Death Knight minions currently gain no benefit from Crit (which is a long standing bug) or Mastery and if there were plans to change that, and secondly can the Gargoyle be fixed so that instead of the DK having to spin around on the spot to force the Gargoyle to use it's ranged attack over it's crappy melee, they can just make the Ranged attack automatic preference.

Their answer was the Gargoyle issue is something they can and will fix, and that they didn't want to readjust the minion issue mid expansion because it would excessivly screw with stat weights (even though they screw with Frost's stat weights commonly)

Deleted
    Since we're going to be able to name companion pet, is there any chance we'll be able to name warlock pets? You're just grabbing a demon for your own use from the Twisting Nether, use it, and then get rid of it, it's not the same emotional attachment as a companion pet or hunter pet. Something we did talk about is a way to reset the name of your pets, for when you get a pet and really don't like the name.
    As someone whos played a lock for 6+ years their concept of how it works doesnt ring true to me.
    There is an emotional attachment because the demon ALWAYS has the same name - if every time you summoned one it was different then I would understand their POV - but they are wrong.
    Secondly as this demon is my minion or slave, I should be able to address it in whatever way i want.

And finally due to game mechanics you do not lose demons when you log out or log back in - they are identical to hunters pets

Blizzard are fundamentally wrong on this.
    Last edited by mmoc49efe580e8; 2011-10-23 at 08:58 AM.

Deleted
    Why do Paladins constantly think that Blizzard hates them? If anything they bend over backwards for them.