Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alms1407 View Post
    Arenanet developed that model even before cataclysms was released, so it's unlikely they ripped off this model from Blizzard.
    As I said, it's irrelevant who did it first. :P

Yeah because Blizzard created everything in the fantasy genre. *eyeroll*
    Last edited by Digglett; 2011-10-23 at 12:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is getting silly. First we get people whining that WoW is ripping off GW2 because of similar features. Now we have people saying that GW2 ripped off WoW because it has a dragon similar to Deathwing.

Can't you just leave the "ripping stuff from other games" conspiracies alone? Games take good ideas from other games all the time, games take inspiration from other sources all the time. Just. Let it. Go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Pretty sure this video has been out longer than Cataclysm. Even if they did happen to come out at the same time, they don't even look alike at all. They're both dragons. That's about it. Deathwing is made of metal. The Shatterer is made of crystal. One is black/orange/red, the other is black/gray/purple. I guess anything with dragons in it is ripping off WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by loudskies View Post
    Deathwing was in Warcraft 2, Was the Shatterer announced before 1996 or so?

again, this is deathwing before cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by loudskies View Post
    Deathwing was in Warcraft 2, Was the Shatterer announced before 1996 or so?
    Is this the model that you're referring to? If so, I do not see how you can draw any resemblance to the current model.

Its not Deathwing, its Flyingchin, his cousin.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Shatterer is a Giant Crystal Dragon and as someone said just before he is a Champion level dragon, they are tiny compared to the Elder Dragons who are the main villians, and as other people have said, the shatterer's footage was shown before cataclysm was even announced and deathwing's current model even shown
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

stop being derps. this video was released before any footage of DW's current in-game model was ever shown. seeing that the video is fully rendered, i'm pretty sure it was in development for a long time... and they couldn't possibly have stole it from blizzard. it's just funny that 2 different companies came up with with the same dragon (they do look really alike, aside from the chin) during the same time :3

This trailer is what wow would look like if it had competent developers and anything resembling an art department.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Its not Deathwing, its Flyingchin, his cousin.
    ahh haha nice one, all dragons are family

Is this the model that you're referring to? If so, I do not see how you can draw any resemblance to the current model.

rofl rack'em

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post

5:00 is where you wanna be
    That is the shatterer...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannz View Post
    stop being derps. this video was released before any footage of DW's current in-game model was ever shown. seeing that the video is fully rendered, i'm pretty sure it was in development for a long time... and they couldn't possibly have stole it from blizzard. it's just funny that 2 different companies came up with with the same dragon (they do look really alike, aside from the chin) during the same time :3
    actually all that video footage is in game footage, as Arena net has stated for all their videos, it's all in game footage....
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

I wonder how we can have a epic fight on his back in 4.3.
    But I guess it will be quuuuite epic.
    Hi

It could be Deathwing in a parralel universe... or its Deathwing's long lost brother seperated at birth, and got lost in another dimension

Deleted
    This one catches on quick.

Haha, that's Guild Wars 2?

Man that looks horrible and generic.

The graphics look like clay and those races are retarded.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq62VCcnew
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    That dragon looks absolutely NOTHING like Deathwing.

Aside of both of them being dragons, thats all.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Miggetmagic View Post
    Footage from a year ago.
    Still not in Beta.

I'll leave you with that.
    Yeah, my friend wrote the Guild Wars 2 Novel. We go to GenCon every year and I see him there yearly...

Needless to say, I'm not biased.

It just looks horrid and the developers talking are saying "Hype" words. Things without facts. Opinion. Every MMO does this and every MMO that does ends up horrible. They are not speaking from their own experience - they are speaking from experience of other peoples experiences of games. Not game design or personal skill.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq62VCcnew
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.