Deleted

The good side of things.

The best thing about the upcoming expansion is that all the people who hate the new expansion(people who don't know anything about the lore) are going to quit the game, and the community will get even slightly better. Just my opinion

Says someone who just made his account on MMO champion? Many people don't care about the lore and want to pay for a good game that they like.

Most people won't quit; they didn't with Blood Elves/Draenei, and they didn't with Worgen/Goblins. I won't be quitting with Pandaren either, I will simply choose not to approve of said race, and avoid rolling them. That's all. I'll have my complaints about them, as I do of other races, and voice them thusly, but it'll take more than a joke race to get me off the game. As to the community getting better, that hasn't got a snowball's chance in hell of happening after the Dungeon Finder, which bestowed upon people the veil of anonymity, as well as the ability to grow a penis from their forehead and parade themselves in a manner befitting of those with said sexual organ on their head. Have a nice day kiddo.

This is really a naive way of thinking. When people quit, all types of people quit; the mild mannered and the more aggressive people.

So no, the community, at least in a game like WoW where millions play, thousands per server, will always be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by quiz View Post
    Says someone who just made his account on MMO champion? Many people don't care about the lore and want to pay for a good game that they like.
    You know 1 post or 1500+, you shouldn't just dismiss it because of the Post count, nor does post count automatically make you more valid or rite.
    OT: people QQ a lot, it's like kids who want chocolate and tantrum because they got jolly ranchers instead. After all the tears and breath holding they still will eat the jolly ranchers.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Most people won't quit; they didn't with Blood Elves/Draenei, and they didn't with Worgen/Goblins. I won't be quitting with Pandaren either, I will simply choose not to approve of said race, and avoid rolling them. That's all. I'll have my complaints about them, as I do of other races, and voice them thusly, but it'll take more than a joke race to get me off the game. As to the community getting better, that hasn't got a snowball's chance in hell of happening after the Dungeon Finder, which bestowed upon people the veil of anonymity, as well as the ability to grow a penis from their forehead and parade themselves in a manner befitting of those with said sexual organ on their head. Have a nice day kiddo.
    In all fairness, Blizzard is keenly aware of the 'joke race' complaints and addressed this at Blizzcon: They've done a lot of work on the Pandaren and their lore so that they feel more... legitimate, I guess is the word I'm looking for? when MoP beta hits the ground running.

That being said, I also doubt most of the people who dislike the Pandaren will be quitting the game. They'll be unhappy with the new race, sure, but in time they'll get past that and hopefully find something else about the expansion they can enjoy.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

WoW community asks for Pandaren for years.
    Blizzard starts working on Pandaren.
    WoW community keeps asking for Pandaren.
    Blizzard finally builds an entire expansion based on their home land.
    Vocal minority says Pandaren is what makes them quit.

I hate the vocal minority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niheni View Post
    The best thing about the upcoming expansion is that all the people who hate the new expansion(people who don't know anything about the lore) are going to quit the game, and the community will get even slightly better. Just my opinion
    yes. this happend before cataclysm, before wrath, before bc and even before vanilla ... not

everyone now cries and hate the upcoming expansion will stay and cry and hate
    Quote Originally Posted by Zohlomg View Post
    /use NAMEOFTRINKET
    /cast recklesness
    /cast charge
    /gquit
    /cast mortal strike
    /cast bladestorm

Deleted
    gotta agree, a smaller community is better imo. hopefully a lot of people leave, blizzard stop trying to cater to everyone and aim for a specific group to build a better community. lets hope anyway.

though what i see happening is people bitching and moaning about it, when it gets released most will buy it anyway, and nothing will change.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    In all fairness, Blizzard is keenly aware of the 'joke race' complaints and addressed this at Blizzcon: They've done a lot of work on the Pandaren and their lore so that they feel more... legitimate, I guess is the word I'm looking for? when MoP beta hits the ground running.

That being said, I also doubt most of the people who dislike the Pandaren will be quitting the game. They'll be unhappy with the new race, sure, but in time they'll get past that and hopefully find something else about the expansion they can enjoy.
    Sometimes however, a cigar is just a cigar, and to me the race which started off as a joke race shall remain so; if anything it would've been better if they embraced this as they did with gnomes/goblins, rather than trying to "polish a turd" as the saying goes. I'll enjoy MoP for several reasons; the monk class, the new talents, the new landscapes which may provide some very nice roleplaying locations, but the Pandaren will not be one of those reasons.

Deleted
    Im not going to quit, but I dislike your assumption that anyone that doesn't know the wow lore inside out is a baddie.

I know the lore perfectly well and I still don't think it's a good idea. And the community is still going to be garbage. It's an online game, you can't expect anything less than a bad community.