Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    On your final rendition, I'd actually shrink the breast size. We've got enough watermellon luggers in the game as it is, without adding yet more. I'd still would prefer:

[Page-stretching pic omitted.]

It's thick, but not overly fat. Your image also keeps the female body the exact same as the males. When it is clear to anyone that the dwarf females are a bit skinnier than the male dwarves. Also look at the weight lore for females and Males:

Males = 200-300lbs
    Females = 160-240lbs.

The lightest male is 40lbs heavier than the lightest female. The male that is the heaviest is 60lbs more than the heaviest female. An in between weight for males is 250lbs. An in between for the females is around 200lbs. That is still 50lbs lighter than the males.

This means your not taking into account the weight difference in the females. You are approaching them as if the males and females weigh the exact same no matter what. This clearly is not the case. That is why the one I just linked, is more ideal. She looks like she could weigh 40-60lbs lighter than the males, yet still be in the heavy weight department.
    If you noticed, the last picture has a female with limbs and torso noticeably smaller than the male. I took into full account the weight difference. Though, you are finally posting pics with body fat and thickness, good job. Maybe you don't realize it, but that is belly fat your pic is squooshing there.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Super awesome epic work, I seriously _LOVE_ it.
    Would start playing again in a heartbeat just to make a female monk and run around and belly-bounce EVERYTHING :3
    7-11 never stop

Quote Originally Posted by Tara Jenkins View Post
    If you noticed, the last picture has a female with limbs and torso noticeably smaller than the male. I took into full account the weight difference. Though, you are finally posting pics with body fat and thickness, good job. Maybe you don't realize it, but that is belly fat your pic is squooshing there.
    I am aware, but it isn't as big I don't think. Yours just seemed like you were going with making them the exact same size as the males. That doesn't strike me as being 40-60lbs lighter than the males. I believe they will be a bit more trim than your version is all.

Deleted
    -THIS- is the female pandaren I want to play in MoP.

+1 Good to see there are other people out there who understand proportion. Here's hopin all the "slim panda fans" are disappointed and that the developers stick to their artistic senses.

(nice work on the finished panda design btw)
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel

I am aware, but it isn't as big I don't think. Yours just seemed like you were going with making them the exact same size as the males. That doesn't strike me as being 40-60lbs lighter than the males. I believe they will be a bit more trim than your version is all.
    You seem like you may be among the people who do not realize that when a heavy figure with body fat sits, they squash out. Bai Lung is seated in my original doodle. The one where she is standing, she is very much smaller than a male.

It's thick, but not overly fat. Your image also keeps the female body the exact same as the males. When it is clear to anyone that the dwarf females are a bit skinnier than the male dwarves. Also look at the weight lore for females and Males:

Males = 200-300lbs
    Females = 160-240lbs.

The lightest male is 40lbs heavier than the lightest female. The male that is the heaviest is 60lbs more than the heaviest female. An in between weight for males is 250lbs. An in between for the females is around 200lbs. That is still 50lbs lighter than the males.

This means your not taking into account the weight difference in the females. You are approaching them as if the males and females weigh the exact same no matter what. This clearly is not the case. That is why the one I just linked, is more ideal. She looks like she could weigh 40-60lbs lighter than the males, yet still be in the heavy weight department.
    And do you have any idea exactly how much the male in the art weighs? Maybe he only weighs 250 lbs and the female weighs 230. And besides, it's a RANGE; there are always outliers.

When you get that nitpicky it's ridiculous.

Geez...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice post. Very well done.

Lung Bai needs a proper panda-woman to turn his head...

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome job. Now how about a female Pandaren with some clothes on?

"King Varian, you wish to make war on my people!? You shall have your war, human. You will see the fury of the Horde rage through your cities. You will see your throne split in two! This I swear!" -Thrall, patch 4.2.0

Tthat is one awesome work you have done there! Really impressive
    I am a girl, that loves cute and fluffy things.. please Blizzard, don´t make Pandas toooooooo thin.. else they arent coudlly enough

Great post. I like your rendition of the female pandaren on the final image you have there, I really hope (and think) Blizzard would go this route. However I think Blizzard failed with some of the races (orc, troll, worgen to name a few), the female bodies just look too human. I think the MMO that handle this the best is probably EverQuest. The female ogres... yea they look like ogres!

You did a really nice job. Sadly, I personally don't enjoy playing larger characters. I hate the Tauren, and I couldn't stand the male Draenei, so I guess I am one of the ones hoping that they go for the slender female Pandaren model. That doesn't mean you made an amazingly valid point in your post, not to mention it was very well written. I'm impressed! If they were to go this route, I would totally understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are awesome and win 1000 internets in my book. Well done! Blizz needs to hire you to design their lady pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    Imagine if SWTOR had an Endor's moon themed expansion where the Ewoks played a huge role. I could just see it now, the reactions... "This game sucks! Ewoks are stupid!" "I hate these retarded Ewoks! They have no basis in lore!" "I'm quitting because of Ewoks!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sella View Post
    And do you have any idea exactly how much the male in the art weighs? Maybe he only weighs 250 lbs and the female weighs 230. And besides, it's a RANGE; there are always outliers.

When you get that nitpicky it's ridiculous.

Geez...
    I don't believe she'd be 230lbs to his 250lbs. I took into account the halfway point on the weights. The middle between 200 and 300 is 250. The middle between 160 and 240 is 200-201. It's not ridiculous to be doing the math. There is no matter how you slice it on the weight chart, a 40-60lb weight difference in their chart. Your example would be pitting a middle ground pandaren male with an almost heaviest female, not a female that is also a middle ground one.

personally i don't think they should have female pandaren at all. they've never existed before.

but if they insist on doing so, i would agree that they should share similar body type as male
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

I don't believe she'd be 230lbs to his 250lbs. I took into account the halfway point on the weights. The middle between 200 and 300 is 250. The middle between 160 and 240 is 200-201. It's not ridiculous to be doing the math. There is no matter how you slice it on the weight chart, a 40-60lb weight difference in their chart. Your example would be pitting a middle ground pandaren male with an almost heaviest female, not a female that is also a middle ground one.
    Okay you're a scary person and I'm staying away from you.

Well that's pretty nifty.

I will most likely not be race changing my Shaman if this is anywhere close to correct, but I still think the female Pandaren would look cool like this.
    || Yuuzu - 85 Draenei Enh Shaman || Soulu - 85 Worgen Arms Warrior ||
    || Revii - 85 Draenei Blood DK || Convivia of <Bacchanalia> of Durotan US ||

The river flows outside of town/ Away from dirt, away from crowds/
    And if I could follow it to the sea/ I'd wash the sweat right off of me/
    So break my legs and weigh me down/ Throw me in, but I won't drown/
    I'll float away, go down the stream/ The river leads outside this city.

Million Dead - Carthagio Est Delenda

Quote Originally Posted by Ralamus View Post
    personally i don't think they should have female pandaren at all. they've never existed before.

but if they insist on doing so, i would agree that they should share similar body type as male
    I... I... but... then...

What the HELL?
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Originally Posted by Ralamus

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    I... I... but... then...

What the HELL?
    They're all clones.