Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

[5.0 Discussion] Druids' 4th spec

GAURDIAN spec for bear tanking discuss

Deleted
    Oh right they already are the only class that can perform any role, and now one of these roles should get a whole new spec?

15+ Year Old Account
    Disappointing, really.

not dissapointing fixing what was going wrong fro YEARS god damn

how is it disappointing nothing is really changing

fourth spec? explain...
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Guess thats a nerf for feral pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyIllidan View Post
    I'm quitting WoW.
    Care to explain your logic? Bear and Cat were always separate specs under the same tree - there was minor overlap, but hybrid builds have been awful for a long time. I just don't see this as changing anything (and I'm coming from the perspective of someone who played feral through the hardest content in the game for a long time).

Deleted
    They're making it so confusing!
    There is one talent pree per class.
    Except that now Druids will kinda have 4.

Finally! 7 years of being the retarded spec that was under constant scrutany due to being 2 specs in 1, they are finally fixing things for us!

Nerf to our utility in raids, Buff in a sense that we wont be getting screwed with so much in pve because of pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Jitters View Post
    Nerf to our utility in raids, Buff in a sense that we wont be getting screwed with so much in pve because of pvp.
    Eh. Switching between tank/dps roles in raids, at least for me, always involved switching between my two feral specs unless I had some odd role to perform in a progression encounter (like only soaking a high damage attack and then DPSing for majority of the time).

what's the big deal? druids already have 4 specs

The specs are nice, but I was way happier about this:

"Hunter melee weapon is gone!"

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    Care to explain your logic? Bear and Cat were always separate specs under the same tree - there was minor overlap, but hybrid builds have been awful for a long time. I just don't see this as changing anything (and I'm coming from the perspective of someone who played feral through the hardest content in the game for a long time).
    Sure, I'll explain.

After watching our snare immunity be taken away. Then our fear immunity. And now this? Yeah, I think I've seen enough bullshit changes to the class that I loved, to warrant me leaving this game. Mark my words. Next change is we lose our shape shifting.

Stop looking at this 4th spec thing from todays standpoint of talents. They will be completely revamped and be more like the diablo3 system. Realise that relax and stop stupid whining without reason.

Sure, I'll explain.

After watching our snare immunity be taken away. Then our fear immunity. And now this? Yeah, I think I've seen enough bullshit changes to the class that I loved, to warrant me leaving this game. Mark my words. Next change is we lose our shape shifting.
    You think that having 4 trees is going to lead to simply being permanently put into cat/bear/chicken/tree form when you pick that spec?

They haven't said anything to that effect yet, but I agree that it is the logical conclusion, and will be enough to make me quit too.

Sure, I'll explain.

I was definitely jaded after the snare/fear changes (hell, I quit WoW earlier this year, partially over class changes and how awful feral DPS was) but I'm having a hard time seeing how this is a change in and of itself. As long as gearing stays similar to how it is now, it's still going to be very possible to swap between feral tank and feral dps on the fly. Easier, maybe, because we can swap out talents like glyphs.

As for the loss of shape shifting: yeah, there's some truth to the fact that Blizzard may be trying to eliminate the use of alternative forms that don't match your spec. But we'll have to see what all ends up being talented - if Bash becomes a Guardian only ability, if the Mangles get separated, etc. etc. The big difference may be that Resto druids lose access to bear stun, and that Feral druids lose access to what little utility bear currently gives them in PvP.
    Last edited by Meleti; 2011-10-21 at 09:28 PM.

I'm quitting WoW.

your gonna quit because of that?

lol ok.