Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Just for the record, using a tunneling service isn't against WoW's rules. The problem is that it can make it looked like you're hacked because it makes it look like your IP is logging in from weird places. It can trigger an automatic lock on your account (not a ban) that you have to call them to explain to have lifted.
    You can avoid this by having a security token, though

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 01:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dzargok View Post
    is it more expensive than Pingzapper? (4 USD per month)
    Fixmylag is 7$ a month (with year plan), so yes, more expensive. Difference is that fixmylag also offers vpn servers with openvpn (which sadly don't work on China anymore, so that part of fixmylag is useless for me, now lol).

But have you compared pingzapper with fixmylag? my college has a strong firewall, it doesn't even allow VPNs, pingzapper is the only thing that has made me go through the firewall

Deleted
    No, i haven't. Although the philosophy of how it works seems to be the same.
    Since the extra expense seems to belong to the VPN service, and if pingzapper works for you, i suggest you stick with it. Fixmylag gives you one month of free trial, though, they might have a way to make the openvpn bypass your college firewall.

In any case, as long as i find something that works for me, i stick with it so if pingzapper works for you, that's what i'd do. In fact, i'm considering switching to pingzapper now, because i can't use fixmylag's vpn.

how do we get hacked so much in wow. ive never been hacked on any wow private server ive played on, steam, xbox live, diablo, starcraft or anything. only thing ive ever been hacked on was windows live and wow lol