Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Wonder if Chaosbolt will be worth casting over the new Incinerate.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    They do about the same damage according to simcraft, but chaos bolt has higher DPET due to faster cast, so yes.
    To be honest they could do something about chaos bolt, it feels very lackluster for a 31-pointer. Perhaps a fancy debuff like hog or haunt has.
    Last edited by Daoloth; 2011-11-02 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daoloth View Post
    They do about the same damage according to simcraft, but chaos bolt has higher DPET due to faster cast, so yes.
    To be honest they could do something about chaos bolt, it feels very lackluster for a 31-pointer. Perhaps a fancy debuff like hog or haunt has.
    simcraft afaik doesnt have the new improved incinerate scalling. Also you spend alot of time into backdraft incinerates so Incinerate is also very fast.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    simcraft afaik doesnt have the new improved incinerate scalling. Also you spend alot of time into backdraft incinerates so Incinerate is also very fast.
    The ptr sims do have the new incinerate scaling and chaos bolt is affected by backdraft too, so it's still faster than incinerate.
    Last edited by Daoloth; 2011-11-02 at 08:56 PM.

Deleted
    Isn't backdrafted uincinerate below GCD though? That would make no difference between it and chaosbolt in terms of casting times. Which, with the 1/6 buff to incinerate, could actually render CB useless in PvE. Which would be just retarded. Compare CB to Meta form or Haunt and tell me how would an Afflock or Demolock be without their 31pt talents...

Actually, scratch that. It's already retarded, even if CB will be doing 200dmg more than inci or something alike as it does on live now. Hell, CB being 1000k damage more than incinerate would still be laughable.

Still kind of excited to play Destro on my lock, its just an alt so i can't imagine I'll be doing many hm on him anyways. Always enjoyed Destro and Demo not to big on Affliction. I'm glad to see ISF has a 5 sec longer duration and should be slightly less annoying + our 4 set bonus should make it fun.
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrioception View Post
    Isn't backdrafted uincinerate below GCD though?
    I don't remember neither incinerate or chaos bolt being under the gcd during backdraft, but I played destro back in t11 content before the imp glyph fix, so things may have very well changed with firelands hc gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodaii View Post
    You've shown there yourself that Destro pet DPS is higher than Afflictions: 8715 > 8151.
    ..No, destro pet dps is lower, but combined with burning embers (which is attributed to the player, and caused by both soulfire and the pet), destro causes slightly more non-scaling damage.

Compared to demo, with nearly 5k higher non-legendary scaling damage, this is why the staff scales closely for affliction and destro, but significantly worse for demo - which was the question.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2011-11-03 at 03:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    To warn you all, they will most likely nerf Incinerates base damage due to Demo now using Incinerate as a main filler for 4.3. Since they don't like changing rotations mid expansion and want Demo to use SB, an Incin nerf is most likely incoming. Here's to hoping they will buff Chaos Bolt to finally make it the proper nuke it's supposed to be and keep Destro competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kildragon View Post
    To warn you all, they will most likely nerf Incinerates base damage due to Demo now using Incinerate as a main filler for 4.3. Since they don't like changing rotations mid expansion and want Demo to use SB, an Incin nerf is most likely incoming. Here's to hoping they will buff Chaos Bolt to finally make it the proper nuke it's supposed to be and keep Destro competitive.
    Kinda hard to tell tbh. A no-brainer would be to buff shadow bolt to get affliction in line and revert the mastery buff from demonology and all 3 speccs should be pretty much equal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Wonder if Chaosbolt will be worth casting over the new Incinerate.
    It's worth 50DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chaosbolt will still be worth casting over Incinerate since it's a minor DPS increase, but it also is a major source of our mana regen. Not casting CB would mean not gaining 4% of your maximum mana back every 12 seconds. This would probably mean destro actually has to life tap again which is both a DPS loss and a major glyph we'd have to use again.

Kinda hard to tell tbh. A no-brainer would be to buff shadow bolt to get affliction in line and revert the mastery buff from demonology and all 3 speccs should be pretty much equal
    The problem I see with this, is that reverting the mastery buff would most likely put Mastery below Haste or Crit again. Since Blizzard has said before that they don't like changing stat weights mid-expansion this is an unlikely fix. Also an unnecessary buff to Affliction since that spec already excels on multi target fights. I still think they should nerf incinerates base damage by a small amount to put SB as Demo's filler again and simply buff Chaos Bolt. It's felt lackluster ever since Cata hit and this would keep Destro competitive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kildragon View Post
    Chaosbolt will still be worth casting over Incinerate since it's a minor DPS increase, but it also is a major source of our mana regen. Not casting CB would mean not gaining 4% of your maximum mana back every 12 seconds. This would probably mean destro actually has to life tap again which is both a DPS loss and a major glyph we'd have to use again.
    This is accounted for in the sims. Life Tap can be used while moving and you're unable to do anything else therefore with effectively no DPS loss since you'd be using it while stationary or DPSing anyway, unlike Fel Flame which effectively replaces one DPS ability for a different, lower DPET ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok well in any case it's still a DPS increase. I believe the only time you wouldn't use CB over Incin is during Backdraft + Lust or other buffs that push your CB below the GCD. Has anyone simmed if the new *personal bloodlust* trinket plus Backdraft push CB below the GCD?

40% haste will cap a Chaos Bolt with Backdraft active.

Quote Originally Posted by aztr0 View Post
    Your logic fails. My main is a lock. Yet I have other 85 toons. Are you saying that because my main is a lock my $15 is not the same as the player that plays a warrior? Well I too play a warrior, a DK, a shaman, a mage, a hunter, a druid and a rogue. You ask, why they (Blizzard) would help a class that gives less money blah blah. They will balance what needs to be balanced, because regardless of what you play you pay the same $15.
    I did't understand my point of view. Therer are more warriors and mages than warlocks playing, just it :/
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

Deleted
    You find 3x [MMO-C Forums Fragments].

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    You find 3x [MMO-C Forums Fragments].
    Nice one !

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    This can probably be safely locked and allowed to die.

Another warlock willing to practise necromancy