Dragon Soul! Lord Jornaru and Akyilos?

I was tempted to get the wow annual pass and return to world of warcraft for the expansion. After seeing that Blizzard Entertainment has taken Black Garden, the Lord Jornaru and Akyilos encounter from Hammerknell Fortress "Death Wing encounter is a mirror of Lord Jornaru and Akyilos".

I thought to myself since Blizzard seems to be ripping off Rift with no remorse, why not just stay in Rift. Raiding more extensive, better content, more to do.

Blizzard even had to pick on poor poor Pokemon. "Pet Battle System."

I'm surprised that none of the companies Blizzard has taken content from has sued Blizzard Entertainment for stealing their intellectual property. I assume they have but Blizzard more than likely kept it quiet.

As a company I'm very disappointed in Blizzard Entertainment.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, man, but when you formulate a post like that, all the responses are going to be along the lines of "who cares what you think" and "nobody is forcing you to play, see ya."

Trying avoiding direct "rip-off" accusations on these forums, they're very controversial and spawn nothing but flamefests.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Have you seen the video of the Death Wing encounter compared to Lord Jornaru and Akyilos? Have you seen the war-front Black Garden?

Head to Youtube and look it up, watch them side by side. The real clear rip off is Black Garden, Blizzard could of at least have changed the lay out of the map.

I got a good laugh.

Tryhard post. Sorry, but that's exactly what this is. I play neither game right now, but there's just really.... really... no point in this, at all. Play what you want, and quit trying to find reasons to rile yourself and others up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volfmetal View Post
    Have you seen the video of the Death Wing encounter compared to Lord Jornaru and Akyilos? Have you seen the war-front Black Garden?

Head to Youtube and look it up, watch them side by side. The real clear rip off is Black Garden, Blizzard could of at least have changed the lay out of the map.

I got a good laugh.
    Regardless of how true or not it is, "Blizzard ripped off X" threads always end the same way - flaming and name-calling.

Don't like Blizzard anymore - don't give them your money. Vote with your feet/wallet.

That's what I did when I felt the game/company no longer suited my needs and expectations. I felt like the quality of WoW had dropped and the company's ethics went down, and I canceled my sub, stating my reasons in the "other reasons" box.

I didn't create a topic on mmo-c about how hard Blizz sucks, because that would be pointless and end in a shit-flinging competition.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

I only play Rift! If I wanted to rile people up I could of posted this in the WoW General Forum.
    This is for the people of Rift to know what is going on because more people in Rift have never seen the Lord Jornaru and Akyilos encounter.

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 09:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    Regardless of how true or not it is, "Blizzard ripped off X" threads always end the same way - flaming and name-calling.

Don't like Blizzard anymore - don't give them your money. Vote with your feet/wallet.

That's what I did when I felt the game/company no longer suited my needs and expectations. I felt like the quality of WoW had dropped and the company's ethics went down, and I canceled my sub, stating my reasons in the "other reasons" box.

I didn't create a topic on mmo-c about how hard Blizz sucks, because that would be pointless and end in a shit-flinging competition.
    I agree Zealous. Do you play Rift or are you a WoW person in the Rift area?

10+ Year Old Account
    I only play Rift! If I wanted to rile people up I could of posted this in the WoW General Forum.
    This is for the people of Rift to know what is going on because more people in Rift have never seen the Lord Jornaru and Akyilos encounter.

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 09:24 AM ----------

I agree Zealous. Do you play Rift or are you a WoW person in the Rift area?
    I played WoW for 4-5 years and quit 3 or so months into Cata.

I played Rift for a month or so, felt it wasn't my cup of tea and didn't renew my sub, even though I think it's a decent game. Just not in my taste.

Now waiting for TOR and (maybe) D3. Not sure if I'll buy D3 yet.

I had an open testing account for TOR and it is just like WoW. As for D3....I'm not going to touch it because of the AH feature of using real money.

I was tempted to get the wow annual pass and return to world of warcraft for the expansion. After seeing that Blizzard Entertainment has taken Black Garden, the Lord Jornaru and Akyilos encounter from Hammerknell Fortress "Death Wing encounter is a mirror of Lord Jornaru and Akyilos".

I thought to myself since Blizzard seems to be ripping off Rift with no remorse, why not just stay in Rift. Raiding more extensive, better content, more to do.

Blizzard even had to pick on poor poor Pokemon. "Pet Battle System."

I'm surprised that none of the companies Blizzard has taken content from has sued Blizzard Entertainment for stealing their intellectual property. I assume they have but Blizzard more than likely kept it quiet.

As a company I'm very disappointed in Blizzard Entertainment.
    Why stay with WoW? Because I have many friends playing there, have lots of high level characters and simply running around the world of rift didn't feel nearly as awesome as running around Azeroth even after almost 4 or so years of playing there and having lost all immersion due to the sheer knowledge of that universe and the game mechanics I have by now. (But still I was with Warcraft almost since the beginning, so that makes me attached to the universe)

So and now Blizzard looks around and aggregates all the awesome features of different games into the universe I like to play in. No problem with that.

Really you're acting as if you want to claim that Rift is all original. Should Ultima sue Rift for stealing the idea of a MMO? Using and adapting concepts like a nice PvP play style or a raid encounter design is the bread and butter for MMO developers.

Look that's the great thing. You can play Rift without all the WoW players coming over just because you have that nice pvp thing but actually giving a shit about the game itself. If you start accusing other games of "ripping off" ideas you're exposing yourself to the same accusations.

I played Rift for a month or so, felt it wasn't my cup of tea and didn't renew my sub, even though I think it's a decent game. Just not in my taste.
    That's what many players of MMOs can't seem to understand. It can be tiny things that put you off of a certain game that someone else doesn't notice so he can enjoy it completely. And the same vise versa.
    Last edited by Samin; 2011-11-03 at 09:54 AM.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    That's what many players of MMOs can't seem to understand. It can be tiny things that put you off of a certain game that someone else doesn't notice so he can enjoy it completely. And the same vise versa.
    Mm what put me off in Rift wasn't tiny.

It was the graphics.

They were good but just not aesthetically appealing to me, especially the monsters and the environment. I actually enjoyed the spell animations and some of the player character faces.

I do however think it's a good game. Just not the game for me. And I'm fine admitting that.

Unlike most people who either trash WoW or trash everything except WoW.

What made me quit WoW, for example, was not the game itself. But the direction the company took in regards to the game.

If I had been a newcomer to WoW that had started playing in Cata, perhaps I would have been alright with everything. But I'm a veteran player and I had grown accustomed to certain things that brought me to this MMO in the first place.

I felt some of the fundamental things that had made the game attractive to me were now gone, in addition to the ethics of Blizzard towards its game and playerbase dropping, which is also important to me personally.

So I canceled my sub. I voted with my wallet, as any responsible customer should.
    Last edited by zealous; 2011-11-03 at 10:01 AM.

Mm what put me off in Rift wasn't tiny.

It was the graphics.

They were good but just not aesthetically appealing to me, especially the monsters and the environment. I actually enjoyed the spell animations and some of the player character faces.

I do however think it's a good game. Just not the game for me. And I'm fine admitting that.

Unlike most people who either trash WoW or trash everything except WoW.
    That and the animations (at least in the open beta phase, not sure if they were improved since then). But what I kind of meant is that this maybe seems as something other people don't find disturbing or barely notice. So at the Rift players who love the game please don't be offended when I (or zealous) say that we don't find the graphics appealing. I'm not saying they aren't it's just my feeling/opinion.
    Back when Rift was the big new things here on the forums and I tried it during the open stress test beta, I was already hoping Blizzard will look at the game and use some of the nice ideas. I was kind of hoping that they will somehow implement the public events because I found the concept was pretty nice (not sure how it plays out if you play more than a couple of days though).
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Yes, World of Warcraft is a total rip-off of Rift. Everybody knows that.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

It was the graphics.

I didn't really like the graphics at first either, think it was more down to what you are used to though, after playing a few weeks it didn't bother me much any more. They could do better on some things but if it's down to a choice between 6 month patch cycles ala WoW or some not so pretty graphics with constant stream of content, I know what I'll pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    While this thread technically hasn't gone hostile yet it has huge potential to become a Rift vs Wow thread. I've closed this thread before this certain scenario unfolds.