Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

WoL - Ragnaros 10 HC phase 3 DPS

Would it be possible to get some links with 1 add up/2 adds up? We just reached phase 3 last night with 2 sets of seeds in phase 2, we only got to phase 3 a few times, however each time we always had 3 meteors up going into phase 4, we're splitting into 2 groups, left hand side and right hand side with healers/tanks focusing on bouncing the meteor in the middle of the room. We use BL once the 2nd Scrion is dead.

However sometimes raggy is up on the surface for 5~8 seconds before we get to focus raggy, are we just scrubs who need to time killing the Sons of Flames better?

I wouldn't call you "scrubs" but yes, the Scions should be dead or very close to death (finished by DoTs or Combat Rogue cleaving) by the beginning of P3.

Else, do your players use lots of cooldowns in the end of P2/during the 2nd set of seeds? It may be preferable to take 3 seed phases but then with all cooldowns ready for P3. I'm not sure if 2 seed phases is the norm in 10m though.

Also, by the time you're progressing through P3 all of your players should not only be able to dodge Engulfing Flames but also keep their DPS up during it. Obviously not as high as their normal DPS, especially for classes like Arcane Mages, but this is a mindset thing which can cost you a lot of DPS if people only focus on surviving during World of Flames.

Youny logs you can post? Swell as what your raid comp is? Also getting the scions down during trans and getting rag low before trans is a pretty big deal. IMO work on those things. If we ever had scions up after trans phase we would just have one of our tanks cleave them down.

Deleted
    main key is spending the least possible time dodging the engulfs and also dont be afraid to take one hit if it means not sacrificing a lot of dps(not true for melee classes, but our arcane mage usually takes one hits if it means one more AB) and it gets healed quite easily anyway.

You need to make sure, you leave one Son's of Flame alive while u burn the scions, to keep rag down and as soon as rag is about to come up, kill the son of flame.
    Make sure you just have tanks and maybe some MDPS to cleve the scions if they are still up. But once Rag is up immediately everyone should be focusing on just burning them.
    Should be aiming for everyone doing atleast 30k each, but more like 35k.
    You should be able to achieve 1 Meteor if your DPS is good.
    Here is our last 2 weeks
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l...e/?s=422&e=497
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8132&e=8204
    i went pretty shit this week lol, but we still manage to get 1 Meteor.

Really the number of seeds doesn't matter, we actually stop dps and allow the third seed to come so we can push him during the world in flames afterwards since there is a small dps window while he is casting it. Also like mentioned above you should keep the one Son low while you burn Scions before he comes back up so you maxamize DPS on Rags himself.

The issue were having is only pushing one meteor less then half the time, our DPS is always 1-2% away when the second meteor comes out.

Deleted
    Our raid comp is:

Prot Warrior
    Prot Pally
    Resto Druid
    Holy Pally
    Demo Warlock
    Arcane Mage
    Frost DK
    Fury Warrior
    Ele Shaman
    Combat Rogue

I'll post logs after our next raid, about ~12 hours away, our DPS are too ashamed of how they performed in phase 3 apparently and are saying its just because they're not use to it. But yes, we do save all of our CD's for phase 3 with blood lust.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitalpha View Post
    our DPS are too ashamed of how they performed in phase 3 apparently and are saying its just because they're not use to it. But yes, we do save all of our CD's for phase 3 with blood lust.
    DPS in p3 improves DRASTICALLY with practice and time in p3. We were about 3% off at first, we now beat it by 5-10 sec.

Deleted
    So once we hit P4 after practising P3 with our epic tri-forcing it's a free kill, right, right? We've only wiped about 50 times... I'd reckon another 15~ to get P3 under control, is P4 all *that* difficult?

As others have mentioned, the delay for a 3rd set of seeds can give you a extra 3-4% on rag before he submerges. this will make the dps u need in p3 lower and so easier to get only 1 meteor. getting timing on you transition into p3 will also mean u should only have 1 scion alive and sub 50% hp which will allow a couple casts+dots and cleaves then let tanks finish it off while everyone else switching to the boss and gets a full burn during lust.

P4 can actualy become hard with shit rng. My group has had attempts where dreadflames spawned opposite sides of room each time a new set came out and 2nd and 3rd frost patchs spawning in already remaining dreadflame.

In 10man mode the dps needed is a complete joke compared to 25 man so you should have no problems with it.

Infracted. This thread has nothing to do with 25 mans so stick to the topic at hand. - Wilderness
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2011-10-25 at 03:24 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    In 10man mode the dps needed is a complete joke compared to 25 man so you should have no problems with it.
    Constructive and useful, thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitalpha View Post
    So once we hit P4 after practising P3 with our epic tri-forcing it's a free kill, right, right? We've only wiped about 50 times... I'd reckon another 15~ to get P3 under control, is P4 all *that* difficult?
    P4 isnt that bad once you get there often. The hardest part of the fight is getting to p4 consistently enough to push for a kill. P4 itself is easy if you manage to get past killing the meteor cleanly. RNG can fuck you pretty bad though.

We killed the fight the first attempt we cleanly got through the first meteors death. RNG helped sure, but bad RNG can be worked through all the same.

Push during World in Flames on after the third set of seeds to have slightly longer DPS time on rag before sons.

Leave a Son up to dps the scions lower and its actually better to get one to 20% and another to 30% with Dots on both than killing one and the other at 50%.

Save hero, second pots, use shattering throw etc. for p3. Use them asap since this is the longest period before WiF starts.

If all of that still leaves you short half the time what is most likely the problem is that you're actually short on the DPS check so the only time you get one meteor is when the second meteor comes AFTER that a World in Flames rather than just before. 2nd meteor after that WiF gives you a good 6-10 seconds of extra DPS time which can easily make up 3% behind, TBH though 1 meteor is sooo much easier that even if you can only get 1 meteor half the time its worth pushing for the one meteor. That said don't wipe if you get 2 you can still learn a lot and practice p4 with 2 meteors and since its harder the practice makes a 1meteor p4 seem like the cakewalk it is.
    Last edited by Vurrin; 2011-10-25 at 02:53 AM.

Lul, my guild's logs have already been posted by Val. But yeah, basically what we do is push 2 seeds and then burst the Sons down asap, leaving our rogue to leave 1 up. After that we focus on the Scions, and on good attempts we get them both down before Rag emerges (at which point one of the ranged kills the Son we left up) and can generally easily push Rag into p4 with 1 meteor (well, we're usually about 5-10 seconds in front of the timer).

You want to have all CDs, pots and lust up for p3. Generally the timing for this should be fine if you pop them at the beginning and in p3.

My favorite part of P4 is when the first breadth spawns right underneath the meteor. I love that. ):

The hardest part of P4 is the period of time just before the first Breadth spawns. That's when Superheated damage will be highest and is when your healers will be the most taxed as a result. From there, it gets a bit easier until you kill your meteor, at which point it becomes largely cruise control as long as you don't get hilariously bad breadth, dreadflame, or root spawns (it's really annoying when they spawn right underneath the boss).

It's just a matter of getting to p4 enough to practice it, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by PHsname View Post
    My favorite part of P4 is when the first breadth spawns right underneath the meteor. I love that. ):

The hardest part of P4 is the period of time just before the first Breadth spawns. That's when Superheated damage will be highest and is when your healers will be the most taxed as a result. From there, it gets a bit easier until you kill your meteor, at which point it becomes largely cruise control as long as you don't get hilariously bad breadth, dreadflame, or root spawns (it's really annoying when they spawn right underneath the boss).

It's just a matter of getting to p4 enough to practice it, tbh.
    i think the hardest part is the RNG of the breadth's when they spawn anywhere , my group had serious problems with that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ValiumMm View Post
    Should be aiming for everyone doing atleast 30k each, but more like 35k.
    Our ranged almost never break 30k (only with very lucky World in Flames), only our 1-2 melee can achieve 33-35k. It's our demo warlock that pushes the one meteor almost all by his own.. you need ~ 220k rdps after his healthpoint nerf over ~ 80 seconds. Your almost 250k rdps looks pretty amazing, but i don't get why you can't kill both scions before phase 3? This way you won't have to deal with blazing heat on anyone and can concentrate on him solely.

Ps: hardest part of last phase is rng in general, with unlucky fires you can play as awesome as possible and still won't extinguish the burning threat in time.

Deleted
    Just keep praticing. The people playing dps classes will find ways to increase their dps as they get more pratice and more feel for it. One thing I will say is finding that sweet spot where you only have to move slighty for the world in flames is very important. Oh and P4 is not a walk over. Healing is quite high till everyone gets into the 1st ice patch, after that you just pray for good dreadflame/root spawns and you should be good. It can be very tricky to root the boss when the area is encased in dreadflames or the roots spawns on the other side of the room.

Deleted
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-g9mno9fl01f4z0fo/

Our WoL from tonights raid attempt, best phase 3 attempts a person was always dead, me for one (Prot warrior), I basically got to do nothing in phase 3 when I died. A 2nd meteor spawned at 12%, if I was up and was executing with my 2 hander we probably could have pushed the DPS.

Another attempt our fury warrior was dead the entire phase 3 and a 2nd add spawned at 17%, think we could have pulled it off or do we need to push people more?