[Movies] Paranormal Activity 3. Yay or Nay?

I've heard many mixed reviews of this movie. Some say it was complete sh*t, but others say that the last 15 minutes leave you scarred for life.

Has anyone seen it? I'm going on friday with some friends. I don't know if I should be scared or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Haven't seen it yet. The previous two I didn't find frightening at all really. I'll probably wait until this comes out on Blu Ray.

10+ Year Old Account
    from all the people that i know that have seen this they have all said it was pretty scary. I'm going to see it this week hopefully.

Gonna vote a nay on this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hated the first one so much, when it ended I couldn't believe nothing had happened for an hour and a half. I can't believe they made more >.<

Protip Hollywood: Watching people be scared isn't scary.

Big fat nay.
    Last edited by Porimlys; 2011-10-26 at 05:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Highest grossing opening weekend ever for a horror movie, so they must have done something right. I'm not a fan of scary movies so I won't go see it, but that little info might help you decide.

Horror is subjective. If its the kind of thing that scares you then you will have a good time. If you have seen and enjoyed the first two then by all means see this one. The gimmick is showing signs of age but this installment offers some solid scares of the same variety that the first two movies offered. If you have not seen the other parts of this series then don't bother with this one.

Deleted
    I didn't see the previous 2 PA's, so didn't go into it with any opinions at all. However i really enjoyed it, and there was quite a few hide behind hand moments too! I guess it helped that everyone in the screening really got into it, giving it a cool atmosphere. A real change from the gore gimmicks in many of the horrors i have seen. The first half Iwasn't thrilled about, but I guess it was too build suspense for the second half/last third and boy it must have worked hehe. Overall from a casual cinema-goers point of view I would give it a thumbs up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen it last night. I was disappointed. It is scary, but in all honesty #1 > #2 > #3. You basicly will learn more about the phenomenon that is taking place. Also felt the movie was kinda short :S

the problem with the movie was that, the always scared you by turning the sound low then boom shit goes down like when the shit just feel from the ceiling randomly, the only actual scare i got from the movie was the last 15 mins, i recommend this movie simply because it gets the job down but its not actual horror just a bunch of things poping out

Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    I hated the first one so much, when it ended I couldn't believe nothing had happened for an hour and a half. I can't believe they made more >.<

Protip Hollywood: Watching people be scared isn't scary.

Big fat nay.
    This. I really don't understand how these movies got so popular.

A definitely yes i have not seen it and i will definitely watch it.