Thread: The UFC Thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Edgar v. Henderson 2 was announced a little while ago. I dislike immediate rematches, even though there really aren't any clear cut #1 contenders at 155 at the moment, what happens if Edgar barely edges out Henderson this time? Immediate rubber match? Just more stalling of the division in my view.
    I think it was a stupid move as well.

On another note, Big Country's facebook page has reached over 91k. He better stick to his promise, i really want to see him fight at 205.

So, anyone want to bet how much more of a laughing stock Bob Sapp can make of himself? How he gets booked these days is beyond me. It's obvious that he just shows up to throw a fight and get paid. He tapped from a takedown over the weekend. Yes. That's right. A takedown. Take as little damage as he can so he can make his next appearance in a week, take a dive, collect paycheck, rinse and repeat.

Sapp is a legit disgrace to MMA. To think this is the guy who beat down Big Nog before being subbed, TKOed Hoost in K1, and was viewed as a huge win for CroCop at the time.
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2012-03-12 at 06:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He tapped to a takedown?

Bob Sapp needs to be banned from all MMA events. Mentioning his name in the same sentence as MMA should be punishable by consecutive 5 round beating from Brock Lesnar, Alistair Overeem, JDS, Shane Carwin, and toss in some Wandy stomps/knees, and a broken arm from Mir.

Honestly, Bob Sapp just needs to join the WWE.

Hunt vs. Struve is the last match of the all heavyweight UFC 146 card. If Struve can't get it to the ground Hunt is going to take his head clean off. Knowing Struve, he probably will want to try and stand with Mark in the first round, so I'm thinking Hunt via murder in the first. I want to see this comeback of sorts go all the way. If Hunt beats Struve let's see Hunt in a number 1 contender's match. War Super Samoan!
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2012-03-14 at 09:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see Mark Hunt easily beating Struve, first round. UFC 146 is a really stacked card, only thing it's missing though is a Shane Carwin fight.

Oh and how could I forget that Rampage is getting his send off from the UFC with a fight vs. Shogun. They could've used Rampage to build off of with another up and comer in the LHW division (coughMousasicough) but I bet they think Rampage wouldn't train seriously for anything but a "grudge match" (who am I kidding, he won't train seriously anyways), and Shogun provides just that. Shogun beats that ass for 3 or 5 rounds, if it even goes to a decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rampage will hardly train at all for the Shogun fight. I bet Rampage even shows up more overweight than he was for the Bader fight, I'm sure he will find tons of excuses and things to bitch about just before and after his fight with Shogun. I would like Shogun to win via vicious KO. There was a time when i kinda liked Rampage but he has been a complete fucking disgrace to the UFC and MMA for a while now. Rampage should be grateful that the UFC is giving him Shogun even when he has done nothing to deserve a fight with a fighter of such a higher caliber than himself. especially after all of his bitching and crap he has been talking about the UFC. I bet the UFC gave him that fight cause they believe Shogun will make Rampage look like a fool in his last UFC fight.

Rampage has been bitching about getting wrestlers as opponents, UFC shoulda pulled Lesnar out of retirement to fight Rampage for his last fight haha. There is no way even Rampage could miss weight for that fight.

UFC should allow kicks in the Rampage vs Shogun fight so it will end the same exact way that their first fight did.

---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 05:38 PM ----------

I do hope that Rampage goes into that fight with no injuries and fights his heart out to put on a good show for the fans. Weather he goes out on a win or a loss i just hope that it's a great fight.

Overeem failed a pre-fight drug test. Motherfuck. I was looking forward to him vs. JDS, now that's all up in the air. Apparently Overeem can request that a "B" sample be tested, and if that comes back clean then he can still fight.
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2012-04-04 at 10:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was just about to post that. Overeem better not fail the "B" sample otherwise I'm gonna be really pissed. I'm neutral on if Overeem roids or not but I just knew that something like this was going to happen. I want to see JDS and Reem fight so badly! This was going to be an amazing main card with all of these great HW matchups and now it might be ruined.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shame the JDS/Overeem fight could be off. That could have been a great fight. Not surprised at all though. I've been beating the drum about him being on drugs for a long time. Look at his freaking arms. They look like someone took the most roided out video game arms you have ever seen and put them on a real person. He didn't even test slightly positive. His T-to-E ratio was 10 to 1. 4 to 1 is enough to flag you as positive outside of normal ranges. Who is even going to take his place? The Heavyweight division seems really thin of late in the UFC. Aside from JDS you have Overeem who is likely out, Velasquez who is recovering from an injury still not sure if he is in fighting shape yet, Lesnar is retired, Carwin hasn't won a fight in two years, Frank Mir is still around and on a three fight win streak, Kongo just fought in February and lost, Browne fights next month. Half those guys don't deserve a title shot. Mir seems like the best opponent to replace Overeem, but that is a bit of a drop in potential star power of a match even with Mir being around forever and winning several fights in a row. There are like three or four fighters in that division worth talking about at this point which just feels real thin.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Shame the JDS/Overeem fight could be off. That could have been a great fight. Not surprised at all though. I've been beating the drum about him being on drugs for a long time. Look at his freaking arms. They look like someone took the most roided out video game arms you have ever seen and put them on a real person. He didn't even test slightly positive. His T-to-E ratio was 10 to 1. 4 to 1 is enough to flag you as positive outside of normal ranges. Who is even going to take his place? The Heavyweight division seems really thin of late in the UFC. Aside from JDS you have Overeem who is likely out, Velasquez who is recovering from an injury still not sure if he is in fighting shape yet, Lesnar is retired, Carwin hasn't won a fight in two years, Frank Mir is still around and on a three fight win streak, Kongo just fought in February and lost, Browne fights next month. Half those guys don't deserve a title shot. Mir seems like the best opponent to replace Overeem, but that is a bit of a drop in potential star power of a match even with Mir being around forever and winning several fights in a row. There are like three or four fighters in that division worth talking about at this point which just feels real thin.
    Cain is supposed to face Mir on the same card. Fuck it, bring in Barnett. If he pisses clean, let him have a shot. Other than that, as you mentioned, Mir is probably the best candidate, though I'll sit quietly and hope against hope that Dana gets a little too drunk drowning his sorrows over Overeem pissing dirty and gives the shot to Mark Hunt. A guy can dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    The UFC HW division is as stacked as it has ever been. Velasquez will be fighting on the same card against Mir, though I highly doubt Dana would give Cain an immediate rematch. Carwin, I believe is still recovering from surgery and fighting JDS on his return would be a very bad fight for Carwin (not to mention he is coming off of 2 losses, a surgery, lengthy layoff, and his last fight was against JDS and a loss). There aren't many people i really believe that deserve a shot at JDS quite yet besides Overeem or Mir. If Reem can't do the fight I would be happy if Mir took his spot and Carwin took Mir's spot against Cain, but Carwin still isn't back yet

I agree Nbm, Hunt getting the shot would be amazing!

UFC 146 Main Card:

1. JDS vs. Overeem
    2. Velasquez vs. Mir
    3. Nelson vs. Silva
    4. Gonzaga vs. Del Rosario
    5. Hunt vs. Struve

Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    The UFC HW division is as stacked as it has ever been. Velasquez will be fighting on the same card against Mir, though I highly doubt Dana would give Cain an immediate rematch. Carwin, I believe is still recovering from surgery and fighting JDS on his return would be a very bad fight for Carwin (not to mention he is coming off of 2 losses, a surgery, lengthy layoff, and his last fight was against JDS and a loss). There aren't many people i really believe that deserve a shot at JDS quite yet besides Overeem or Mir. If Reem can't do the fight I would be happy if Mir took his spot and Carwin took Mir's spot against Cain, but Carwin still isn't back yet

I agree Nbm, Hunt getting the shot would be amazing!

UFC 146 Main Card:

1. JDS vs. Overeem
    2. Velasquez vs. Mir
    3. Nelson vs. Silva
    4. Gonzaga vs. Del Rosario
    5. Hunt vs. Struve
    Agreed. The UFC HW division is finally getting some depth and 146 is a good example since they can actually justify a all HW main card. Only thing left is to get Cormier and Barnett over and there should be a lot of fun match-ups. I'm still looking forward to the card, even if the title fight is scrapped. I'm surprised Chad "Gravedigger" Griggs and Mat Mitrione aren't on this card. War Velasques, Nelson (I freakin cannot stand Bigfoot), Del Rosario (I don't care for Gonzaga either...too inconsistent) and Hunt!

10+ Year Old Account
    Who I want to win: JDS, Cain, Nelson, Gonzaga, and Mark motherfucking Hunt!

I think one of the things that caused Gonzaga's inconsistency is the fact that because he hits so hard he thinks he is a kickboxer when in reality his skills are in BJJ. Had he just stuck to using BJJ instead of trying to KO people I think he would have done a bit better, he is still inconsistent regardless.

My favorite KO of all time.

http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/t...gavscrocop.gif

Watch the oversized animated GIF's. that one was way too much for forum use.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-04-21 at 01:12 AM.

Well Poo ole friend, it looks like we're not the only two on the Hunt bandwagon: http://oi44.tinypic.com/o9jt5e.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Well Poo ole friend, it looks like we're not the only two on the Hunt bandwagon: http://oi44.tinypic.com/o9jt5e.jpg
    Hahaha! That's pretty damn awesome.

In the fight Mark Hunt vs. Everyone, I will take Mark Hunt via KO in the first round. It would be cool if someone got a fan petition going to have Dana give Hunt the shot at JDS. If lots of people wanna see that fight then he should do it.

Mark Hunt vs. Mark Hunt is going to be a very tough one to call, but I am going to have to take Mark Hunt via late first round KO.

---------- Post added 2012-04-05 at 06:30 PM ----------

Apparently there is a big rally on twitter to give Hunt the shot at JDS. Hunt just made a twitter account last night because of this.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/28130/ufc-...title-shot.mma
    Last edited by pOO flinger; 2012-04-06 at 12:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to mmajunkie, no replacement has been found for the JDS fight, Mir vs. Velasquez will happen, and Hendo has expressed interest in stepping in for Overeem.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/28149/ufc-...ill-happen.mma

10+ Year Old Account
    Found this awesome fan made UFC 146 promo.

I hope Aoki wins tonight against Alvarez, but I fully expect Alvarez to smash Aoki standing. I mean it's a cage after all. Aoki is going to have a hard time trapping him and subbing Alvarez. It'll probably look like Aoki vs. Melendez.

Two back to back nights of MMA fights. I'm excited. First, I must procure a microbrew and a cheesesteak sammich from a food truck. Probably the best cheesesteak sandwich I've ever had, and the lady who works the register is uber hot...like...tattoos, cute face, short and huge jugs. Definitely going to be asking for those digits.

Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    My favorite KO of all time.
    The black school teachers flying knee in bellator 62 (i think) was even better. He didnt even try to hit the guy on the ground, he knew. Was really impressive.

I gotta say im liking bellator as much as the ufc now, great fights, free and weekly.