Thread: The UFC Thread

Page 4 of 197 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I was about to reply with 'Isn't it a little early to be talking about fight of the year?'.

I then realised it was November.

Where the fuck has this year gone?
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

I want Shogun vs Hendo 2 I wanna comment on the fight but at the same time I'm afraid I'd spoil it for people

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvbigjugs View Post
    I want Shogun vs Hendo 2 I wanna comment on the fight but at the same time I'm afraid I'd spoil it for people
    It's been a few days, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I'd like to see Shogun and Hendo rematch if their paths happen to cross again, but immediate rematches only seem to serve to stall the division, and since they both got lengthy medical suspensions that would be a long wait for a rematch. I don't think Shogun gets knocked down the ladder even in a loss, and I think Hendo, having not lost a fight since Jake Shields, deserves the next title shot or at least a bout vs. Rashad for #1 contender.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/26219/ufc-...uspensions.mma

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoever Hendo fights next, Rashad, Machida, or Jones, all three possibilities would make for exciting fights.
    I would love for Hendo to become the UFC LHW champion.

Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    Whoever Hendo fights next, Rashad, Machida, or Jones, all three possibilities would make for exciting fights.
    I would love for Hendo to become the UFC LHW champion.
    Don't forget he'd like to avenge his loss to Anderson Silva. The only issue with that fight IMO would be that he doesn't wanna be at MW anymore. Maybe a non title fight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iluvbigjugs View Post
    Don't forget he'd like to avenge his loss to Anderson Silva. The only issue with that fight IMO would be that he doesn't wanna be at MW anymore. Maybe a non title fight?
    True, but LHW is a better weight class for Henderson imo. I would love for Hendo to avenge his loss to Anderson Silva (title fight or not, doesnt matter to me) but that is probably the only MW fight for Hendo i would be interested in. I personally don't think many people would be interested in seeing Hendo fight Anderson Silva again but i could be totally wrong. Since Sonnen is next in line for Silva i am guessing that Hendo stays at 205 for a while. I would rather see Hendo try to become LHW champion than to do a fight with Silva at 185 but that's just me.
    Last edited by pOO flinger; 2011-11-26 at 04:23 AM.

Silva out with a shoulder injury til mid 2012, likely then to fight the winner of Munoz and Sonnen (slated to fight one another since Anderson's announcement). Jones has a fight booked against Machida very soon (ZOMG CANNOT WAIT) and the winner of that has no one else locked in for the next title shot. Not to mention Hendo has said in the past he thinks he can beat Bones. It just makes a lot more sense for him to fight for the LHW belt. Not to mention at 41 years of age a weight cut cannot be great. rounds 4-5 again Shogun proved that he gasses without the big weight cut.
    On a side note: Shogun is lobbying for a rematch. I for one say HELL YES. Hendo might want a title shot first tho :P Let Evans get knocked out by Shogun in the meantime

10+ Year Old Account
    A rematch between Hendo and Rua would be awesome in late 2012 but any earlier than that would be too soon imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Chris Leben got suspended for a full year following a fail drug test from UFC 138 (pain killers). That sucks we won't get to see Leben fight for a whole year but he should have known better.

Sucks to fail a drug test because of painkillers. If you're gonna use drugs at least make sure it's making you immune to all pain and become the hulk when you get angry.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

I really hope the UFC will accommodate Mayhem's outlandish entrances. One of the reasons I root for the guy. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be awesome if the UFC built a massive stadium or something in Vegas and have spectacular entrances with fireworks and shit just like in the Pride FC days.

Last edited by pOO flinger; 2011-12-02 at 01:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ultimate Fighter Finale in and hour and a half for West coast. Go Mayhem!

UFC 140 next weekend!

15+ Year Old Account
    I totally forgot the finale was tonight. Turned it on just after the finale finished just in time to see Bisping get his ass kicked, my favorite part of the UFC.

dodson is one to look out for in the future for sure.
    "Angle of incidence equals angle of reflectance. Meaning, if you can see them, they can see you. Use the environment around you. Free yourself from the tyranny of eye-level!"--Roger Dodger i also play the git-box
    Poke THIS Robot--it's a link to MY MUSIC!--

15+ Year Old Account
    Man does Mayhem look rusty. Bisping is just destroying him.

What a terribly anticlimactic ending that was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else pretty excited for UFC 140 next weekend? 140 has some pretty big names for the last 3 fights and its cool to see both the Nogueira brothers on the same card. I would personally like to see big Nog win by KO or Submission and Machida by KO.

Shogun, Hendo, and Wandy at UFC 139 and both the Nogueira brothers at 140 Pride fighters ftw!

15+ Year Old Account
    I;m more excited for the Jung/Hominick fight than either of the Nog fights. Both Nogs are fighting washed up guys who should retire. Jones vs the Dragon is going to be something to see for sure. Pulling for Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I;m more excited for the Jung/Hominick fight than either of the Nog fights. Both Nogs are fighting washed up guys who should retire. Jones vs the Dragon is going to be something to see for sure. Pulling for Jones.
    personally I lik machida, just cause he reminds me of a pseudo-bruce lee; that karate background is just fun to watch. but the truth is they're both crazy good fighters and it should be a crazy good fight.
    "Angle of incidence equals angle of reflectance. Meaning, if you can see them, they can see you. Use the environment around you. Free yourself from the tyranny of eye-level!"--Roger Dodger i also play the git-box
    Poke THIS Robot--it's a link to MY MUSIC!--

10+ Year Old Account
    Jung vs Hominick is going to be a fantastic fight and could quite possibly be fight of the night, Machida vs Jones is going to be a fantastic fight as well.

It's too bad Chris Leben got his dumb ass suspended for a year, i would like to see him KO Bisping.
    Last edited by pOO flinger; 2011-12-04 at 06:12 AM.