Thread: The UFC Thread

Anybody watching the fights tonight? I'm excited to see Todd Duffee fight in the UFC again. I think he threw his fight against Overeem honestly.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    YES this Pettis/Melendez fight is gonna be so good!

Pettis is a monster, thought he was just going to get grinded
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-12-07 at 04:41 AM.

A great night of fights but I would LOVE to know how Glenn Trowbridge scored the Hendricks-Lawler bout 49-46 for Lawler. I think it was a draw as I gave rounds 1, 4, and 5 to Lawler and gave Hendricks 2 and 3 with round 3 being a 10-8. On another note...how did that Faber fight even come into fruition? Not only should that not have been a prelim bout over Abel/Tony but why did Faber get set in a fight against a guy that just got whooped by an even lower ranked fighter than Faber in Mizugaki?

On another note CM Punk got signed to a UFC contract. /popcorn

Can't wait for the hate on CM Punk joining UFC.
    New season. Fun times.

" Who would of thought a small kid from Aberdeen, Washington, who was always labelled a B+ player, who would of thought that guy could of main evented Wrestlemania? Nobody. Nobody except ...you guys."

I sure hope CM Punk doesnt end up like Lesnar. Can't blame UFC for signing him, he's going to sell PPVs.

Deleted
    So CM Punk has a 0-0 record, and will be fighting someone with a 0-0 record for his debut (ot near enough). He has trained BJJ with Rener Gracie but thats about all hes got. And hes 36 years old. Not the ideal time to start a MMA career. Atleast Brock Lesnar was a proven world class wrestler before he went in (NCAA Division 1 national wrestling championship holder). I liked Lesnar, thought he was getting better every fight until he got ill/injured.

Lesnar was afraid to get hit, and his striking was terrible.

So Brendan Schaub was on Joe Rogans podcast yesterday with Bryan Callen and they were pretty much telling Brendan it is time to hang it up. Here's a link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT9PE4vjtdc

I'll go ahead and warn you that it gets pretty depressing. I would have to agree with Joe that its probably in Brendan's best interest to stop fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    Lesnar was afraid to get hit, and his striking was terrible.

So Brendan Schaub was on Joe Rogans podcast yesterday with Bryan Callen and they were pretty much telling Brendan it is time to hang it up. Here's a link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT9PE4vjtdc

I'll go ahead and warn you that it gets pretty depressing. I would have to agree with Joe that its probably in Brendan's best interest to stop fighting.
    Schaub clearly has been dealt permanent trauma to his brain and body. He said he felt that he could hang with Werdum and Cain...he couldn't even hang with Arlovski. It's not like he has a terrible record but he will never be an elite fighter and a lot of his losses come from KO/TKO.

My girl Rose got smashed by Esparza. I actually thought she might have a shot at winning (no way should she have been that -170 favorite though).
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Jones vs Cormier soon.. I expect this to be one of the fights of the century.. They hate eachother so much! Who will Alex take the belt from

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Jones vs Cormier soon.. I expect this to be one of the fights of the century.. They hate eachother so much! Who will Alex take the belt from
    I just want you to know that I officially love you for saying that about Alex. He clearly beat Jon the first fight. I think he would stack up well against Cormier too, he trains with Phil Davis pretty often to counter the wrestling.

I'm genuinely surprised that at no point did Cormier say something along the lines of "Maybe if you get injured I can fight the real champ, Gus." I don't think DC will win but I really hope he does :X

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    I just want you to know that I officially love you for saying that about Alex. He clearly beat Jon the first fight. I think he would stack up well against Cormier too, he trains with Phil Davis pretty often to counter the wrestling.
    No matter who wins.. Alex will fucking destroy the opponent. He is so fucking ready to kill the next champion!

No matter who wins.. Alex will fucking destroy the opponent. He is so fucking ready to kill the next champion!
    The main issue being that if DC wins he will likely have to immediately fight Jones again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    The main issue being that if DC wins he will likely have to immediately fight Jones again.
    How can he deny Gustavsson though? Only reason he got the chance to fight the title was because AG was hurt.

How can he deny Gustavsson though? Only reason he got the chance to fight the title was because AG was hurt.
    I would agree but at the same time how do you deny Jones, arguably the top active P4P figher in the world and one of the top fighters in the history of the sport a rematch. I would be very surprised if Jones didn't have some sort of rematch clause in his contract. I personally wish this was Gus vs Jones II, that first fight was a robbery and the rematch would be non stop action.

Imagine Jones/Gus 2 & Hendricks/Lawler 3 on the same card....that would destroy PPV/Attendance records.
    Last edited by Novx; 2015-01-04 at 05:47 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    I would agree but at the same time how do you deny Jones, arguably the top active P4P figher in the world and one of the top fighters in the history of the sport a rematch. I would be very surprised if Jones didn't have some sort of rematch clause in his contract. I personally wish this was Gus vs Jones II, that first fight was a robbery and the rematch would be non stop action.

Imagine Jones/Gus 2 & Hendricks/Lawler 3 on the same card....that would destroy PPV/Attendance records.

Well. Gus already won in the eyes of everyone except the retarded judges..

Also.. can this be the best fight in the history of the ufc? Except from the Gus vs Jones

- - - Updated - - -

Wow.. It seems that Gus vs Jones 2 will happen.. I have to fucking get tickets for that

- - - Updated - - -

Also.. if Jones fight like he did now we will have belt in less then 3 mins

Well. Gus already won in the eyes of everyone except the retarded judges..

Also.. can this be the best fight in the history of the ufc? Except from the Gus vs Jones

- - - Updated - - -

Wow.. It seems that Gus vs Jones 2 will happen.. I have to fucking get tickets for that

- - - Updated - - -

Also.. if Jones fight like he did now we will have belt in less then 3 mins
    I think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself. I agree that Jones didn't look his greatest tonight but you are looking past the Johnson fight which is a very high risk contest for Gus. I think Gus will still come out ahead in the fight but that fight could end at any second with a brutal KO from Johnson.

I really annoys me when people randomly label someone p4p king. Every single time a title fight comes up they are like "Oh he's p4p the best fight in the world" Since Anderson lost (Who I honestly believe can beat Chris Weidman) I've heard each of the following could be p4p best: Jon Jones, Jose Aldo, Demetrious Johnson, Anthony Pettis...

To me the best is probably Jose Aldo right now. Him or Dominick Cruz. Everyone overlooks Dominick because he's been injured so much. He did fight this year, and he did win in impressive fashion.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, how do people NOT like Donald Cerrone?

10+ Year Old Account
    That fight was fun to watch, but I just have to comment on Bones' shorts. wtf was he thinking with those!
    You're a towel.