Thread: The UFC Thread

Im not sure honestly. I am pretty excited for this season of the Ultimate Fighter though, I have a friend who is competing on it for ATT.

its about time to strip this guy from his title and suspend him for awhile.

Well, if the rumors are true he'll probably be facing jail time, so a strip/suspension will be the least of his problems.

Guess we'll find out in the very near future.

The rumor i heard is 3 car accident, hit and run, under the influence and cocaine on the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    The rumor i heard is 3 car accident, hit and run, under the influence and cocaine on the scene.
    Same. Rumors are rumors, though. Hopefully we get something concrete, one way or another, soon.

That'd be a shame, but I'm tired of "star" athletes getting away with everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

its about time to strip this guy from his title and suspend him for awhile.
    To be fair he hasn't been formally charged and it quite clearly says "CANNOT confirm". While I'm sure he was somehow involved you can't just take someones life away because you dislike them. If he was involved, namely as the driver, I hope he gets time. There was a 20 year old pregnant woman hospitalized due to the accident.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/4/27...-from-accident

read the police docs in there.

- - - Updated - - -

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/12775177/ufc-champion-jon-jones-facing-felony-charge-alleged-hit-run

This is going to get good...oh boy. If his title isn't stripped the moment he is formally charged I will be shocked.

Deleted
    Apparently they're now seeking a warrant. Because the victim's arm was broken he's looking at felony failure to stop.

This isn't Jon's first DUI either.

This isn't Jon's first DUI either.
    I would consider a DUI far different than a DUI mixed with a hit-and-run that caused multiple people being hospitalized but yeah. I think he should have probably been stripped and given a suspension by the UFC after the cocaine incident (rather than from the NSAC) but I can also understand why they didn't do it. Matt Riddle's wife is pretty hilarious, anyone else see her messages/tweets/whatever it was (on Bleacher Report)?

Hahahahah they put the cat in there. Thats fucking hilarious.

RIP best card of 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    RIP best card of 2015
    Huh? Was he on the Aldo/McGregor undercard? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Huh? Was he on the Aldo/McGregor undercard? :P
    Shots fired :0 Let's all hope that Weidman doesn't break his wishbone and/or that Vitor doesn't try to pretend hes Wanderlei when the NSAC comes around for his testing time. Still a pretty stacked card imo but this whole Jones thing is pretty absurd. After the abomination that was UFC 186 they really need something to work out for them (them being the UFC).

Once charges are filed they should suspend Jones, like they've done with other fighters, but something tells me they're going to try to keep Jones on the card.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/4/28...ourt-following

Courts are going to let him out of NM to fight. Just a matter of waiting on a statement from the UFC.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    "UFC's light heavyweight champion did not enter a plea at today's proceeding. And a 60-day rule date has been put in place, according to the Bernalillo County Metropolitan Court spokesman, Camille Cordova.

What that means is that during that time the District Attorney will decide whether or not to indict Jones and have his case presented in front of a grand jury. That would be the next step."

Fight's on then?