Thread: The UFC Thread

dat juke

Man, Ronda was chasing her the whole time, she really looked like an amateur

10+ Year Old Account
    If Dana has any sense, he will market the shit out of Holm. Rousey has been hyped as the baddest woman on the planet, what does that make Holly then considering how badly she destroyed her?

She's 2 fights away from equalling Rousey's streak, and at 34 probably has 2-3 prize fights left. Get the rematch in, get Cyborg and see if Jędrzejczyk wants to step up a division.

I don't understand why Ronda kept chasing her down even though she was getting lid up. Wayyy too cocky

Quote Originally Posted by deeyar View Post
    I don't understand why Ronda kept chasing her down even though she was getting lid up. Wayyy too cocky
    Ronda missed some Boxing 101 by not cutting off the ring (or octagon), being open to stiff straight shots from the taller opponent. Or perhaps she and her team really had no plan other than "armbar lol"?

Money Team won tonight

Quote Originally Posted by mikepic View Post
    I'm just not buying that the UFC and the media is selling her as the best fighter on the planet. Her judo is on another level, and she's shown a good transition to JJ (against part-timers) but her stand-up is abysmal at best. Once you get someone who knows how to jab, make her scared to close the gap, and how to sprawl when she dives for the takedown out of desperation, we'll see a new champ....
    I know it's kinda classless to quote yourself but I'll just leave this here.

I hope Rousy gets rid of her boxing trainer who's a complete sleazebag. I have never boxed before and could do a better job. Rousy's boxing skills are non-existent.

The problem is now we know she has horrible stamina. She can't get a quick win, gets frustrated, and totally forgets how to fight.

Compare her to say Frankie Edgar, who's gotten destroyed in the opening rounds but then manages to play smart, come back and win.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    She didn't have anything for Holm, on the ground, or in the clinch. She was standing with Holm because there wasn't anything else she could do, ego or not.
    The point being that she was rocked so early in the fight that she didn't stand a chance. Had she just gone for takedowns and used her ground game right at the start there is a very real chance that she would have annihilated Holm but instead she stood there, got rocked, and couldn't ever recover.

Dana White looks like he's about to cry. Now that 1 of his 2 cash cows is gone.

I don't think it would be good for them to rematch right away. Dana can milk another 1-2 comeback matches for Rousey and then do the rematch.

#prayforrousey is trending. Damn.

- - - Updated - - -

On the bright side, Rousey can use threat of going to WWE to make Dana pay her more money or just go kick it with Brock and Heyman.
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2015-11-15 at 07:03 AM.

I didnt know this site had a UFC thread but I will say that was one of the most satisfying KO losses I have ever seen. For the last two years the Rousey hype train was getting really annoying, and her hypocrisy of Mayweather when she herself beat her ex boyfriend and now dates a man accused of beating his wife. Congrats to Holm on this victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskendereya View Post
    I hope Rousy gets rid of her boxing trainer who's a complete sleazebag. I have never boxed before and could do a better job. Rousy's boxing skills are non-existent.
    Well, I mean Holly is one of the best strikers, but not just that she had a very good defense. Considering her coaching team is the same as GSP's I'd like to think a lot of that is credit to them and the prep, while Rousy was probably too busy talking shit and being overconfident to train or prepare for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Dana has lost it.
    If Mcgregor loses next month, UFC is going to be in a world of hurt, money-wise. Until Bones fights again that is.

Told you retards that Ronda wasn't that good. Bet you feel stupid now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    Told you retards that Ronda wasn't that good. Bet you feel stupid now.
    Ronda is still an amazing fighter....she just isn't a boxer. She is one of the best female ground fighters in the game currently but shes not a boxer and she boxed against a boxing world champion. That's like having the choice to face Lebron James in Hockey or Basketball for $500,000 and choosing Basketball.

For the record, I can't stand Ronda, but shes a solid ground technician.

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    Ronda is still an amazing fighter....she just isn't a boxer. She is one of the best female ground fighters in the game currently but shes not a boxer and she boxed against a boxing world champion. That's like having the choice to face Lebron James in Hockey or Basketball for $500,000 and choosing Basketball.

This is also the first time Ronda has faced a legit athlete. Every fight before Holm was against a part time fighter who took up MMA a few years ago. Holly has been competing for over 10 years and has more than 40 fights under her belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post

Bad game plan = bad fighter.

Her mom was also right, Edmond is a bad coach for letting Ronda do that gameplan.

Quote Originally Posted by chase123 View Post
    This is also the first time Ronda has faced a legit athlete. Every fight before Holm was against a part time fighter who took up MMA a few years ago. Holly has been competing for over 10 years and has more than 40 fights under her belt.
    Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

This is the 2nd time in my life I wish I would have put $$$ down on a fight. The first being Weidman vs. Silva.