Thread: The UFC Thread

Page 8 of 197 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Five hours until Lesnar destroys Overeem. I would have made a poll on it, but since we have these "megathreads", I'm afraid I'll get banned if I make one.

As for Overeem being a more "complete fighter", I think that's BS. Overeem is a kickboxer, who has a gimmick choke. He has no jutsu. Brock on the other hand is a wrestler, and let's face it, he hits like a sixteen ton pneumatic hammer. I'm sure Overeem is much more talented as a kicker and puncher, but when you've got a guy who punches through a brick wall, who's a professional wrestler, someone who weighs as much as Lesnar does, and still moves that fast, it makes very little difference whether the punch or kick was artistic enough.

There was a time when I thought of Lesnar as nothing but a joke, watching WWE for fun. Now, I think he's proven he's anything but.

Either way, whoever wins, it will be an awesome match. It starts five hours from now, but I'm going to try to get it later tonight so I can watch it with friends, and hopefully can avoid spoilers.
    Just have to correct you on that one bolded part. He won the ADCC European Trials in 2005 in his division with that "gimmick choke".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    Yeah gonna have to disagree with lesnar proving himself. There is a certain amount of physics that can't be avoided when referring to this mammoth of a human being. He's usually considerably heavier than his opponent giving him a sprawl advantage on the ground. As to his "skill" , he's not that well conditioned or that great of a striker. Dana has yet to find a compareble opponent just in the size regard. As for skill he has fought more skilled opponents yes, but the way he almost always wins is due to his size.
    Well thinking like that you could say that the only reason why Jon Jones is doing so well is because his massive size and reach advantage over his opponents.

You say it like Lesnar won't get better, like he is complete garbage, i say you are wrong. It is true his skill set is limited to wrestling but that doesn't mean he can't get better at other aspects. Lesnar only has 7 fights under his belt and has 0 MMA experience before his 1st pro fight, i say Lesnar has done fairly well with his lack of experience. You say the only reason Lesnar wins is because he is a big guy, I bet Shaquille O'neal would get his ass kicked by most of the fighters in the HW division even though he would be a shitload bigger than everyone. If Lesnar was a small HW you would probably say the only reason he wins is because of a speed advantage.

Haters just gonna hate is guess.

Wow first off I made noo absolutes in my post so please learn to read. I never said he wouldn't get better nor did I say he won all his fights by his rediculous suffocation method. Your point would be taken with more sincerity if you didn't try to put words in my mouth.

Overeem just fucking CRUSHED Lesnar.

Wow. Brock just retired.

Reem put him out of work.

Wish there was a guy like Tommy Riordan in UFC D:

Said it from the beginning, allistair is monster

10+ Year Old Account
    Overeem demolished Lesnar! Grats to Overeem. Dos Santos vs. Overeem is going to be one badass fight!

Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    Overeem demolished Lesnar! Grats to Overeem. Dos Santos vs. Overeem is going to be one badass fight!
    That fight gives me a chubby. I've always questioned Overeem's top 10 status because of who he's faced in MMA, but no more. He proved to me he's legit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RollTide View Post
    Wow. Brock just retired.

Reem put him out of work.
    With a mouth like his... this is both the last thing I expected, but completely believable.

Quote Originally Posted by Orestis View Post
    With a mouth like his... this is both the last thing I expected, but completely believable.
    Won't be surprised if he goes back to wrasslin. It's apparently much safer for him and will probably pay better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    That fight gives me a chubby. I've always questioned Overeem's top 10 status because of who he's faced in MMA, but no more. He proved to me he's legit.
    Yea, no kidding! As soon as i find out when they fight i will be crossing off the days on my calendar. I have no idea who to pick to get the win for the Dos Santos vs. Overeem fight. Cerrone looked like shit in his fight. Too bad for Cerrone, i wanted him to win but oh well.

Hendricks knocked Fitch the fuck out!

I was kinda surprised at how respectful Diaz was after his fight with Cerrone lol.
    Last edited by pOO flinger; 2011-12-31 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Won't be surprised if he goes back to wrasslin. It's apparently much safer for him and will probably pay better.
    It's funny. Minutes after he lost, #Wrestlemania started trending on Twitter. You're not alone in thinking he'll head back there.

Dream New Years Eve card starts in 8 minutes! HDnet if you get it, I dunno if they have a link online to it or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    No HDnet for me

It should be no surprise to anyone that Brock quit. That's what the guy does; he puts his all behind something, gets bored of it, and quits. He'll be back to WWE within a year, tire of that in a little while, then try his hand at MMA again until he's too old and broken down to continue the cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Orestis View Post
    It's weird because I expected it and then I didn't at the same time because of his mouth. This guy has always been the flakiest fighter I've seen. I know he's had his health issues but something about him just screamed flaky. I never did like how he got a title fight on his 4th match. I never denied him for being pretty good but it was bullshit for him to get a title fight after 3 fights, 1 of which was a loss.

Dream, Strikeforce, K-1... going for UFC Heavyweight title, no other fighter has done that, even two titles at once now this guy will have four

Brock's heart isnt in MMA anymore. He'll be back in the WWE soon.

Brock got destroyed but to be honest is always a champ for recovering from a life threatening disease and going straight into training for a fight.

What do you guys predict will happen in the UFC in 2012 in terms of title fights and possible new champions.

Heavyweight
    I think Overeem will beat Junior Dos Santos and Velasquez will earn a shot at Overeem for the title beating him and regaining the title.

Light Heavyweight
    Can't see anyone in the UFC at the moment who has the necessary skill set to really give bones trouble.

MiddleWeight
    Sonnen will get another shot at Silva but it won't last 5 rounds and Sonnen will not stand a chance.

Welterweight
    Boring boring boring GSP out 10 months and wont fight in 2012. Hendricks v Nick Diaz is a good fight I would like to see in 2012

Lightweight
    Have no interest in this weightclass

Featherweight
    Jose Aldo is the Silva of the featherweight division. Tatsuya Kawajiri will come to the UFC as apart from Jose Aldo there is no one in the world you could say is better then him.