Thread: The UFC Thread

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deeyar View Post
    reddit/r/mmastreams bros. Pay per view not worth it unless you split it between a bunch of friends
    I watched everything until the main card on streams, but I have no problem supporting something I enjoy and enjoying it in better quality.

Anyways, Irish Pride. Pew pew.
    BAD WOLF

enjoyed watching weidman lose. Main event was unenjoyable. Didn't really have a dog in the race, I just wanted a good fight. 10 second knock outs dont itch my fancy i guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck dealing with Frankie, McGregor. You're going to need it.
    | Happiness is the best revenge |

I dunno what's worse, my boys in Weidman and Aldo losing, or the motherfuckers talking shit to me who literally don't watch MMA at all except when X fighter fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in college, I lived on the same floor as Weidman. Never friends with the guy, but I liked seeing him do well. Didn't do so hot tonight lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongler View Post
    Conor is on a different level. He showed this tonight.
    First it was Aldo, now its Frankie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deeyar View Post
    Aldo / Weidman. IDK about the rest. Might bet for the first time on Aldo since I think a lot of people think Mcgregor will win
    Hope you didn't bet !

If Conor vacates and moves to 155, he's ducking Edgar, straight up.

While I was a little dissapointed by the outcomes myself but if you're a MMA fan and streamed this card for any other reason than you're broke you're an ass

This has been a big week of big fights and on paper 194 was one of the best if not the best card in history in terms of name value and quality of fighters, if there's no difference in ppv buys on this kinda card and just a regular ppv where a big name headlines you're gonna end up with shit cards like ufc 193, just a bunch of old retiring fighters with a little bit of name value and 1 star leading the whole ppv. Weither you like or hate Conor 189 and 194 was overall just amazing cards
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Nope, but there is a tendency for the echochamber of whining to spiral out of control, and so everyone involved thinks this is the worst thing ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Conor McGregor win and Holly Holm both winning UFC 193 and 194 was Awsome. Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold that was a good fight. I went in thinking Chris had a very small edge going in was good to seeing Rockhold wanting that fight more and just out did him every where. But the notorious conor mcgregor fastest title fight ever was so sweet seeing Jose Aldo just get rocked so sweet.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has been a rough year for reigning champions. Esparza, Pettis, Jones, Velasquez, Rousey, Aldo, and Weidman all lost their belts. That's got to be a record or something for the most new champions in a single year.

Happy for Rockhold. When you look at his resume, the dude is a beast and a finisher. Also...he's easy on the eyes. Just sayin'.

And McGregor...ugh. Not a fan :/

i wanna dislike mcgregor, but then i see him talk in interviews where he's not an ass and i start to want to like him.

He just flip flops and throws out random trash talk towards fighters he'll never fight and is not even remotely true or funny, he needs to talk like he fights. Pick his shots, that's when he's likeable imo.

Either way, hope he puts some life into the extremely bland lightweight division and wrecks havoc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Nope, but there is a tendency for the echochamber of whining to spiral out of control, and so everyone involved thinks this is the worst thing ever.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Lololol. People are going to say what they want, doesn't matter in the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongler View Post
    That's what everyone said about Aldo too and look what happened.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    Conor McGregor win and Holly Holm both winning UFC 193 and 194 was Awsome. Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold that was a good fight. I went in thinking Chris had a very small edge going in was good to seeing Rockhold wanting that fight more and just out did him every where. But the notorious conor mcgregor fastest title fight ever was so sweet seeing Jose Aldo just get rocked so sweet.
    Chris had the upperhand and probable the fight if he didn't fuck up with that wheelkick. But luke is extremely talented so he abused that weak move and crushed chris very hard.

Conor said he would not vacate. That he would fight in both divisions. Edgar is a different skillset than aldo, thats going to be a hell of a fight. Edgar will do exactly what Chad Mendes should have.

I guess the rumors of Aldo getting KO'd in training were true. I always take that stuff with a grain of salt but damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple View Post
    Conor is on a different level. He showed this tonight.
    First it was Aldo, now its Frankie.

- - - Updated - - -

Hope you didn't bet !
    thankfully I didn't I always say I will never end up doing it,lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    Conor said he would not vacate. That he would fight in both divisions. Edgar is a different skillset than aldo, thats going to be a hell of a fight. Edgar will do exactly what Chad Mendes should have.

I guess the rumors of Aldo getting KO'd in training were true. I always take that stuff with a grain of salt but damn.
    Reminds me of the often talked about wars that Chute Box fighters would get into during training that would take their eventual toll.

So, now that I'm sober and the Aldo and Weidman losses sting a little less, good on Rockhold and Conor for backing up the talk. I think the likely scenario (per UFC pressure) will be Conor fights Edgar, then win, or lose, goes up to LW afterwards. He KO'd the only champ that division has ever had, i'd at least like to see him stick around and defend it once.

Romero and his corner are dirty motherfuckers. Should have been a point taken and the fight should have been a draw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Romero and his corner are dirty motherfuckers. Should have been a point taken and the fight should have been a draw.
    Yeah that fight was....pretty weird. Between the water shit and grabbing the cage, such sheisty stuff happening.
    BAD WOLF

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ducking Edgar to fight the winner of Cowboy / RDA? Dunno about you but that's a much harder fight than Frankie.