Poll: Your faction

Page 54 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I feel like the lack of a death penalty is more of a plus. It seems to keep pressure up and, in a game which have 2000 player servers, you're going to need pressure to keep a map from constantly changing.

Besides, in large engagements, you're going to die anyway because there is so much hurtful stuff going on at the same time, that something will hit you eventually, especially when trying to take a chokepoint.

Balance wise, I think it all works out because I haven't seen a moment where I have thought "Hey, this is grossly unfair", both while defending and attacking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    2 things I can't comprehend in this game. First the usefulness of the medic class, there is no ticket loss for each one dies like in BF3 and even without medics the sunderer or near base can provide infinite swarms of allies/enemies..where is the penalty for dying?
    Second thing why all flying aircraft don't have air radar? to my knowledge you can't upgrade your ship to have one also.
    The sunderer is not invulnerable, in fact it is pretty damn squishy with 2-3 heavies rocketing it.
    Impossible to have a ticket / reinforcement system in a persistent world.
    Dieing makes you spawn at a very very far away without the use of a sunderer, your deploy time with a sunderer is shorter by 5~ seconds. However it costs resource, certs, and obviously needs to stay not in bits.

Medics are nice for those portions where you must be in the base and there is no way to get a sunderer in.
    Biolabs is the biggest one as there is only 2 ways to get in, to hop up into the suicide jump, or to teleport in which can be taken over.

You can buy a radar for 100(?) certs I think for fighters at the very least.

Deleted
    I am so sad that I was away all weekend, just when they had double XP weekend. Got a few hours of gaming last night.

This game grows on me every time I log in. Hopefully they will have more double XP weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    You can buy a radar for 100(?) certs I think for fighters at the very least.
    Default radar sucks but rank 2/3 are good enough. I'm running around with scout radar 3 on my mosquito right now and it is incredibly powerful, the number of camping infiltrators I kill on a daily basis is quite high. Even at rank 3 it's not very good for finding enemy air, though, the range is very small.

Still, camping enemy sundies with the banshee > sniping. Got 20 certs in under 60 seconds today cleaning out an enemy sunderer. The kill notifications just never stop coming. VS have a history of not being very good at infantry assaults, though =p

If they aren't going to give AMS to galaxies I wish they'd make sunderers even stronger, to be honest. It's too easy to blow them up with a proper placement of c4 or rocket launchers or aircraft or all of the above.

Deleted
    What I wish is that you could zoom in and out with the mini-map. I know you can slightly expand the mini-mpa, by default pressing H, but otherwise you have to press M (taking your view away from 1st person).

What I would like to see, and it's only 1 option, is when you press the button to bring up your mouse (I think the default was left-alt, I changed mine) you can move the cursor over the mini-map and scroll-wheel zoom in/out.

------------/ /---------------

By the way - is anyone playing NC on Mallory? If so, feel free to add me: TriageBear

10+ Year Old Account
    Have a question regarding pc specs. I played PS2 in the beta on my desktop which was bought and could play SWTOR when it first came out but it seemed like it was really laggy FPS wise. I heard that this was random memory leaks or something and if so, has it been fixed since?
    Hey everyone

How are you people getting 200+ Certs an hour? I have a Sunder that has the respawn perk and I follow the big zerg. I don't get nearly that much certs.. I get maybe 10 to 25 per hour depending on how fast we cap shit.

I want to play this so bad. Damn you PS2 for blocking China. Damn you.

Biolabs is the biggest one as there is only 2 ways to get in, to hop up into the suicide jump, or to teleport in which can be taken over.
    Yeah, but Bio Labs are easy to get a foothold into because while that is a limited amount of entry points, there are still 4. 2 suicide jumps and 2 portal room doors (which can shoot out from inside the portal room, clearing the visible areas).

A smart team can get around that and put enough pressure into the Bio Lab. Zergs.... eh.... not as much, but that is when you Medic up and revive your behind off to farm certs!

So addictive, gets very frustrating at times especially being NC but i can't stop

Was a fun weekend with everyone hitting hard for the double exp, also thanks to all you scythe and mossie pilots who rocketpod my vanguard on the deck you keep my spirits high in these troubled times <3

After starting friday evening I have finally started to get into the game, the learning curve is brutal and I am only playing at around 1.5 K atm but it's getting more enjoyable.

Does anyone have any guides/vids/tips with regards to learning how to fly on this game however? I seem to be shot down within seconds before I even have a visual, not to mention I have not managed to score a single kill so far in an aircraft. Any specific upgrades needed before I can function as a pilot? With my infantry It was not until i got a rail and grip that things started dieing, I assume ships are similar?

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Yeah, the game kinda runs like poop. I have to run on low across the board to get a reasonably steady framerate and I shouldn't have to with my rig. It's not impressive or anything, but it's not bad (i5 quad at 3.2GHz, 8GB ram and HD5770). Hoping they come out with some optimization patches soon.

i have the graphics all turn to maximum and it runs ok for me 50FPS+ depending on the zone

i made some tweaks to the userOptions.ini inside the main PS2 folder:
    ShadowQuality = 0
    RenderFlora=Off

save the file, then go to the file properties and tick read only, so it doesnt change the shadow setting back to your ingame preset.

my PC
    i7 2600k @ 4.2ghz
    8GB DDR3 Ram @ 1066mhz
    ATI 6970 with 12.11 beta 11 and 12.11 cap 2

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 05:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    How are you people getting 200+ Certs an hour? I have a Sunder that has the respawn perk and I follow the big zerg. I don't get nearly that much certs.. I get maybe 10 to 25 per hour depending on how fast we cap shit.
    200+ an hour should be fine while the weekend bonus is active, join a platoon and follow the waypoints they place

on normal EXP days, the only way to get so many Certs is by using the airships like liberator and nuking zergs from way high in the sky, if you find a good pilot you can get alot of kills and certs on their cannons

Deleted
    Uuuh, shadows and plants off is hardly max...
    40's in fights with a 560ti and a 4.4ghz i5.
    All on high except shadows, on med.

Much better CPU/GPU than mine. I do need to turn off the shadows though, I keep forgetting to do that >.<

Guys, for those that like to drive Sunderers, please unlock the Vehicle Ammo Dispenser. You get so much XP and tank drivers will love you for it. Hell, we'll even defend you to the death because you are so important out in the field. And remember that the VAD is separate from the spawn slot so you can get DOUBLE the XP!
    I'm still thinking about it...

How does Vehicle Ammo Dispenser give experience? o_O

Quote Originally Posted by Tuqui-tuqui View Post
    Guys, for those that like to drive Sunderers, please unlock the Vehicle Ammo Dispenser. You get so much XP and tank drivers will love you for it. Hell, we'll even defend you to the death because you are so important out in the field. And remember that the VAD is separate from the spawn slot so you can get DOUBLE the XP!
    It can refill planes, too. I land on VAD sundies from time to time on my mosquito.

As far as tips for flying go...if you get close enough to a double burster MAX to render it you're already dead. The damage fighters take from flak is extreme right now. Your best bet is generally to stay very far away from bases and try to snipe by popping up around cliffs for a few shots and disappearing again, you simply can't get close to a MAX and live. Luckily surface to air missiles aren't that common yet so flares aren't totally mandatory. I guess I should start making videos of my mosquito play for people, though I don't know how good I am :x
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-12-10 at 09:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang View Post
    How does Vehicle Ammo Dispenser give experience? o_O
    Same method as a engineer ammo box.

Same method as a engineer ammo box.
    I don't play Engineers so I did not know that. I was thinking about going into the Sunderer line once I got the Revive Grenades, but dumping some in the Sunderer does sound interesting just from that, even if it is a small trickle.

is it me or is hacking getting a bit much atm...the last few nights i've been on and have been shooting at someone dead on and they take no damage and i've seen a few speed hacks...don't know if the guys that are flickering all over the screen is caused by lag but that seems a stretch when most others appear on screen fine.