PTS Event 10/28 @ 2:30PM PDT – Gamespot will be filming the Ember Isle Test!

I'll be there

Ember Isle is coming and you might have your chance at your 15 minutes of fame! Join us on the PTS today, where Gamespot will be filming Ember Isle! Yes, there is a possibility that you could be eFamous.

We'll be testing our hip and happening zone events. Find Elrar or Walsingham, and you might just be lucky enough to be polymorphed.

See you there!

Character Copy to PTS!

You can now copy your character to the Public Test Shard! Simply click the Transfer button when you’re at Character select on the Live client and select “Copy to PTS” – it’s as easy as that! (though there may be a few bugs/limitations we’re working out). We will no longer be offering Gear/Leveling vendors with the introduction of this feature (except when testing requires it.)

You will need to download the PTS client if you have not done so already, this is approximately the same size as installing the full game and may take some time. For more information about PTS and how to access it please see:

Welcome to the Public Test Shard! – Getting Started

We look forward to seeing you there – have fun!

Sicciron is one badass mofo (shut your mouth). Thats all I can say. Did he have more health than Akylios?

Deleted
    I thought rift was dead already?

<Please don't troll>
    Last edited by Azuri; 2011-10-29 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by muslamic1 View Post
    I thought rift was dead already?
    nope..doing pretty good actually. This was on the pts just now. You have to summon this dragon in a zone event, then chase him around and shoot him down with catapults. He hits like a truck

Some Fraps footage from the fire invasion event, Sicciron had 17million HP from what I remember, probably can see it in the video.

As a side note: This boss is like any other dragon and has a frontal cleave, a flame breath and a tail swipe. I believe his flame breath can target a random person and he'll then turn to face them, rear onto his hind legs and start channelling so during that time people would need to move away from his front.

I did take some footage from the new version of Black Garden but it wasn't too impressive for me, probably because of the testers I was playing against and the CM's messing around 1 shotting people for the lulz. Looks interesting but think it would be better with 20 PVP players actually trying to kill each other rather than running around trying to test the objectives.
    Last edited by Fluffygong; 2011-10-29 at 12:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khelendros View Post
    Sicciron is one badass mofo (shut your mouth). Thats all I can say. Did he have more health than Akylios?

Looks like it just checked my screen shot of Akylios he's at 14.4 million HP.

1) Seems bizarre to have a zone invasion boss with that much hp, unless he's going to be part of a world event.
    2) Sicciron, Sicaron? Surely they could have come up with another name?
    3) How are you doing on fishboy Azuri? Made it through p3 yet? We should have Darktide before reset so might get a pull or two in on Aky before reset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    3) How are you doing on fishboy Azuri? Made it through p3 yet? We should have Darktide before reset so might get a pull or two in on Aky before reset.

He's a bad ass! Yeah a few times, problem is there are too many casualties at that time to get any farther. Soon™
    Last edited by Azuri; 2011-10-29 at 01:41 AM.

1) Seems bizarre to have a zone invasion boss with that much hp, unless he's going to be part of a world event.
    Keep in mind, hp for invasion bosses scales. Also, with 40+ people banging on him. 18 mil isn't that bad. I'd say it took us about 10-15 minutes at most to down him and that was with us dying ALOT cause we didn't know his mechanics.

The only thing I am not sure about is how players used to zerg rushing invasion bosses will respond to a invasion boss where you actually need to fight it like a real dungeon boss and have a proper tank, and actually pay attention to his mechanics or you WILL die.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendros View Post
    Keep in mind, hp for invasion bosses scales. Also, with 40+ people banging on him. 18 mil isn't that bad. I'd say it took us about 10-15 minutes at most to down him and that was with us dying ALOT cause we didn't know his mechanics.

The only thing I am not sure about is how players used to zerg rushing invasion bosses will respond to a invasion boss where you actually need to fight it like a real dungeon boss and have a proper tank, and actually pay attention to his mechanics or you WILL die.
    More DoTs! (aka they'll just bring a bigger zerg).

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope they keep the encounter the same as we fought on the PTS last night...

17 million HP is correct, as you can tell from this screenie....

But pictures can't show you the epicness of this fight...Scerrion is "just" a Fire version of Kain or the other lolzerg zone invasion bosses, what could possibly go wrong?

My favorite part is the fact is he lands in specific spot. I hate being on the wrong side of a zone when the boss appears.

Off topic how many posts till you can post links and vids?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clymene View Post
    My favorite part is the fact is he lands in specific spot. I hate being on the wrong side of a zone when the boss appears.

Off topic how many posts till you can post links and vids?

10 Posts for links/videos.

Anyone know where gamespots video is? Wonder if they're commentating it or what?