Thread: Grim Dawn

10+ Year Old Account

Grim Dawn

I just found out that a lot of the developers of Iron Lore have created Crate Entertainment and licensed the Titan Quest engine are are working on Grim Dawn - a Victorian era style action/RPG.

They said it's a spiritual predecessor to Titan Quest (or TQ 2 with guns). I'm completely psyched about this because I freaking love Titan Quest and can't believe they're making a second one (sort of).

Anyone else hear or know of anything about the game?

Deleted
    I used the search version to avoid posting a new thread.
    I am actually looking forward playing this. I preferred Titan Quest IT with the Underlord mod to D2 LOD after all, it just provideded so many more features I liked, especially the "ancient mythologies" (Greek, Egyptian, Mongolian, etc), the Graphic Engine incl. Ragdoll Animations and the Masteries.

I found on reddit a nice comprehension, Grim Dawn will be a "zombie themed action-rpg lootfest in a victorian setting. you even find guns.
    The combat system will feature a "hit-effect system", which "added blood and dismemberment death effects for some enemies, and improved the physics."
    Among other things Grim Dawn includes a crafting system, randomized dungeons, multiple-pathed quests, factions and a dynamic weather system.
    .",

Grim Dawn - ARPG from Crate Entertainment

Feature List:

Features - Grim Dawn - ARPG from Crate Entertainment

Screenshots: Media - Development Screenshots - Grim Dawn - Crate Entertainment

Pre Alpha Combat:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqGP4LT_cYo...player_embedded

Pre Alpha Occultist:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYI2DMPWpWg...player_embedded

From a reddit discussion according Titan Quest.
    People want a multiplayer ARPG experience like diablo 2. They want to trade with thousands of other players, they want to get their characters to max level and loot whore. They want to PVP. You say the formula is old and being duplicated everywhere, however I have only ever seen one (semi) successful result of the formula since D2 - Titan Quest. Compare this to the bajillions of successful FPS games. Titan Quest ultimately failed not because it was a bad game (In my opinion they fixed TONS of things wrong with diablo 2, respecs, dual classing, shared stash, non retarded skill system, etc), but because #1 the areas were static and #2 there was no online community similar to battle.net to keep the thing going. Titan Quest could have easily become the next D2 had they implemented some sort of battle.net community.
    Interview:

Titanic Quest: Crate Speak About Grim Dawn | Rock, Paper, Shotgun

I think we’re probably unique just in the sense that, while most studios are redesigning their games to be more casual-player friendly, we’re busy making Grim Dawn more complex and probably casual-player hostile.

Anyone else checking out Grim Dawn?

So, to close with a provocation: You should play Grim Dawn because Diablo 3 might become just too casual after all.