Deleted

Optimal GPU temperature?

Hey.
    Today is the 1st time Im using a Sapphire AMT 6970 2GB ram GPU.
    While playing WoW at max detail, and leaving the Fan on Auto, the temperature can go up to even 70 degrees. Is that normal?
    If I manually put the fan to 50-60%, then the temperature is about 60 degrees.
    Can anybody enlighten me if this is normal or not?

Thanks in advance.

yeah it's fine, most run around there.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Auto means just that, it's going to run automatically based on the temperature and load. WoW doesn't really require a lot of resources graphics wise, so it won't be trying to cool it very aggressively. Alternatively if you were to load up BF3 or Rage, you should see an increase in fan speed to keep the card cooler as it processes more information.

When you manually set the speed of the fan it will run constantly at that speed that you have set, or if you have a fan profile, depending on the heat the card puts out.

Generally speaking, it's wise to set a fan profile, especially when overclocking the card to reduce heat the best while maintaining low sound from the fan(s)

graphic cards are made to withstand heat a bit better than processors, and yours is well under what the max would be(probably a bit over 100C)
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    70 is fine for GPU temp

Deleted
    Ok thanks, I tought it was too high, and something was wrong with the "auto".

10+ Year Old Account
    30-40 idle is good
    50 is ok
    60 is hot on idle
    60-80 load is fine

Depends on GPU and few other variables.
    -K